Stafford

If KFFL is correct in reporting that Jason Smith will be picked at #1, then how does that affect the rest of the draft. Almost every mock I have seen has Stafford going #1, because QB is of need to Detroit. Some of the other teams afterwards don't neccesarily need one. How far does he fall, and does his falling make someone we have high on our draft boards more available?

This is what I touched on about a month ago. If Stafford falls that is good for us, that means it's possible someone trades up to get him and perhaps a Raji (who everyone seems to be completely sold on) or an Orakpo slide down to us. It could also create a trading frenzy which Buffalo could take advantage of.

This is what I touched on about a month ago. If Stafford falls that is good for us, that means it's possible someone trades up to get him and perhaps a Raji (who everyone seems to be completely sold on) or an Orakpo slide down to us. It could also create a trading frenzy which Buffalo could take advantage of.

That's what I'm hoping. If we could get Orakpo or Raji I would be thrilled. Also, we might have a lot more trade partners to move back. Let's see where this goes. Should be interesting on draft day

If KFFL is correct in reporting that Jason Smith will be picked at #1, then how does that affect the rest of the draft. Almost every mock I have seen has Stafford going #1, because QB is of need to Detroit. Some of the other teams afterwards don't neccesarily need one. How far does he fall, and does his falling make someone we have high on our draft boards more available?

Here is the problem...Stafford hasnt put himself a great distance above Sanchez...so with 3 first round graded QB's, and only 1 team in the top 16 (outside detroit) that currently could take a QB, teams might be more inclined to let Stafford go to whoever and take one of the other 2 that fall rather than give up a bunch to get him. Much like Aaron Rodgers fell despite almost going #1.

Stafford might fall to SF and I think they take him if he does...but because there isnt a wide gap between him and the other 2 QB's likely to go in first round, teams may not want to give up much for him when they can stand pat and grab one that falls to them.

This could change if Denver trades Cutler and does not get back a QB.

There just are not a lot of teams in dire need of a QB, so I think its possible they could really slide this year as teams dont feel the pressure to trade up.

Here is the problem...Stafford hasnt put himself a great distance above Sanchez...so with 3 first round graded QB's, and only 1 team in the top 16 (outside detroit) that currently could take a QB, teams might be more inclined to let Stafford go to whoever and take one of the other 2 that fall rather than give up a bunch to get him. Much like Aaron Rodgers fell despite almost going #1.

Stafford might fall to SF and I think they take him if he does...but because there isnt a wide gap between him and the other 2 QB's likely to go in first round, teams may not want to give up much for him when they can stand pat and grab one that falls to them.

This could change if Denver trades Cutler and does not get back a QB.

There just are not a lot of teams in dire need of a QB, so I think its possible they could really slide this year as teams dont feel the pressure to trade up.

now Mort is reporting Stafford goes #1. We'll have to wait and see

Remember last year. The first 3 picks were already done or working on contracts weeks before the draft. The NFL went irrate and said that would not happen again. But i would not be surprised if teams were doing the same thing, but just not makeing it official or widely known to the media. Stafford is the next Joey Harrington if he ends up in Detroit. And i am saying that as a UGA fan. Any QB that goes there will fail misserably until they fix that horrible Oline. But hey thats been Buffalos problem for years too.

now Mort is reporting Stafford goes #1. We'll have to wait and see

I know, its hilarious...Truth is, there are a lot of wild cards this year which makes this one of the toughest years to predict in recent memory...

1. No clear #1

2. Det has 2 first round picks, so no lock to take a QB #1 overall

3. No urgent need for QB amongst most teams in top 16

4. Will Cutler be traded, and to who?

5. If Cutler is traded, do they get a QB in return or need to draft one? Is the team they trade him to a team that was expected to take a QB in this draft? If they trade him in a swap of QB’s (for example us or Cleveland) then that doesn't change much...that means 2 teams who were not expected to take QB’s still aren't expected to take a QB. A trade to someone like the Jets keeps a draft slot open for a QB, except instead of it being the Jets its now the Broncos. If it’s a 3 way deal with Jets and Browns, then none of them likely need a QB...Cle goes with D. Anderson, Denver has Quinn and Jets have Cutler...so that would be one less team (previously the Jets) that needs a QB in the draft…

6. How far does Andre Smith slide?

7. Does SF want a QB or go with an impact player on D?

8. If QB's slide, does any team want to pull the trigger on a trade up with them sliding?

9. Do we move Peters to Philly and what is the compensation?

10. Etc, Etc, Etc...

All kinds of crap, and more, could and will drastically change the make up the draft this year and I think it is one of the most difficult to predict...