What makes a team successful to an owner

Wilson has been criticized by the Buffalo fan base for not doing what is necessary to win a championship. Not spending money to hire top tier coaches, not signing top level FA. Letting good talent leave and so on… The fans who have followed this team for years would argue that the lack of playoff appearances no Superbowl wins equates to the team franchise being miss-handled and a failure.

I believe that Wilson does not care if the Bills go to the playoffs. To him this is a business and that means fielding a team that has the lowest operating cost and will be entertaining enough to fill the stadium. Which is EXACTLY what has happened. Hiring a Marketing expert to help with football decisions is logical.

Wilson has run this team very well from a profit standpoint. His strategy has the lowest risk to his profit margin. After all, spending a lot on FA’s does not equate to a winning season. (example – Washington) There is no reason to believe that Wilson will change this pattern of behavior – In fact, I believe that, as Wilson prepares for his heavenly reward) this trend will get worse. He will spend the bare minimum and maximize his profits so his family will cash in when the team is sold.

Define a new topic? Is there anything Bills related that we have not discussed over and over?

Ok - We can talk about who the Bills might draft or I could throw together a Mock draft that would be new - Oh WAIT that has been done befor too.

I think going over the draft is a bit more exciting than talking about how Ralph is cheap, selling the team, moving the team, destroying the team........

I think going over the draft is a bit more exciting than talking about how Ralph is cheap, selling the team, moving the team, destroying the team........

You missed the point of my post... I'm just trying to point out that Ralph has different motives then the Fans do. In fact I would say that ALL owner have the same motive. Which is make money. The fact they run a football team is accidental.

How about if everyone talks about what they wanna talk about, and if someone starts a thread you don't like, just ignore it. This board lately has been more for people to bash other people on the boards, than it has been to actually discuss the Bills.

You missed the point of my post... I'm just trying to point out that Ralph has different motives then the Fans do. In fact I would say that ALL owner have the same motive. Which is make money. The fact they run a football team is accidental.

Ok - sorry, I did misinterpret what you were trying to say.

Is Ralph in the business to make a profit? Of course, he is. He does not want to lose money on the franchise. However, if you don't think he cares about winning, then you must not have been a Bills fan for very long -- or you know nothing about the owner.

I've been a Bills Fan for 32 years. And yes I believe that RW does not care about winning. He cares about filling seats in the stadium. Look I applaude Wilson he chose to keep the Bills in Buffalo when he could have made more money elsewhere. He owns the Bills to make money.

How about if everyone talks about what they wanna talk about, and if someone starts a thread you don't like, just ignore it. This board lately has been more for people to bash other people on the boards, than it has been to actually discuss the Bills.

Just like you can ignore my response?

I've been a Bills Fan for 32 years. And yes I believe that RW does not care about winning. He cares about filling seats in the stadium. Look I applaude Wilson he chose to keep the Bills in Buffalo when he could have made more money elsewhere. He owns the Bills to make money.

So if he owns the team to make money, and he could make a lot more money elsewhere, then why didn't/doesn't he move the team? Doesn't that imply that business and profit are not the #1 concern?

So if he owns the team to make money, and he could make a lot more money elsewhere, then why didn't/doesn't he move the team? Doesn't that imply that business and profit are not the #1 concern?

I would argue that Wilson is being conservative. Moving a team does not mean that the new market will embrace the team. Here in Buffalo he knows that Fans will come to the games - even if the team is not great. It is a sure thing here in Buffalo.