Holy Schitt Ball State

Lv-Bills

And we routed them. Beat the all time winningest coach. Beat a Tennessee team that has advanced to at least the sweet sixteen in every year of the tournaments existence. Made up for a tank job by Nate Davis at the end of the football season.

One of the biggest upsets ever. And yeah, it's womens bball, but if you beat Tenny or UConn, that's worth some well deserved press.

WAY TO GO LADY CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we routed them. Beat the all time winningest coach. Beat a Tennessee team that has advanced to at least the sweet sixteen in every year of the tournaments existence. Made up for a tank job by Nate Davis at the end of the football season.

One of the biggest upsets ever. And yeah, it's womens bball, but if you beat Tenny or UConn, that's worth some well deserved press.

Terrible season for the Volunteers, they never should have been a 5 seed in the first place...not to diminish the Cardinals' accomplishment

Couple of more stats.....Tennessee has been in, at least, the sweet sixteen every year since 1982! <_<

Two time defending champs.

Ball State has done very well for itself this year by getting national expsosure for its athletic dept.

Congrats Cards! :wallbash:

Congrats ... having lived in Knoxville for many years I have followed the Vols sports teams. Between football and this they have taken a whack this year.

Congrats ... having lived in Knoxville for many years I have followed the Vols sports teams. Between football and this they have taken a whack this year.

I knew nothing about Tennessee's roster until watching the game last night, thinking Ball State would be blown out by halftime. However, Tennessee has five freshman and a redshirt freshman on their roster.....they'll be fine most likely next year. Hell, with 6 freshman, they were already good enough to win 20 plus games.

But for now, Ball State can forever hold in their lore that they were really the first team to knock down mighty Tennessee and pull off an upset of the ages.

Not bad for their first tourney appearance!

Ball State has done very well for itself this year by getting national expsosure for its athletic dept.

First I will say congrats!... But you know me Lv-Bills I just have to dish the trash! :wallbash::wallbash:

So...

In answer to the quote above. Some big choice there for perspective students/athletes between Knoxville, TN and Muncie, IN. <_<Muncie, IN... :wallbash::wallbash: Just as bad as UB attracting players. To be fair (before the BFLO booster squad comes down on me) just as bad as with the God foresaken place and some of the schools near where I presently live (NE IL/NW IN) ouside of say Purdue.

:D

First I will say congrats!... But you know me Lv-Bills I just have to dish the trash! :wallbash::wallbash:

So...

In answer to the quote above. Some big choice there for perspective students/athletes between Knoxville, TN and Muncie, IN. <_<Muncie, IN... :wallbash::wallbash: Just as bad as UB attracting players. To be fair (before the BFLO booster squad comes down on me) just as bad as with the God foresaken place and some of the schools near where I presently live (NE IL/NW IN) ouside of say Purdue.

:D

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, who in the hell compared Muncie to Knoxville? Ball State gained national exposure this year, by virtue of being on ESPN or ESPN 2 almost every week of the football season. Now, alot of potential recruits saw last nights game also. This only helps what BSU is trying to do with it's athletic program. BSU is not Tennessee. However, this will get athletes looking at BSU in a much more positive light.

I'm talking about Ball State recruiting period. Ball State has the best basketball facilities in the MAC, and it's not even close. We have a Big Ten caliber arena. When you combine that, with the national exposure they have gotten this year on ESPN, it will only help them win recruiting wars around the region vs. other MAC schools, and sometimes an in-state school. BSU's basketball program was run into the ground by Ronny Thompson, and is now finally recovering.

Case in point, I played baseball at BSU in the 90's and grew up in Pittsburgh. I had no idea who Ball State even was until this fatass coach (Rick Majerus) and the Cards took out Pitt in the first round of the NCAA tourney in basketball. The next year, they went to the sweet sixteen and lost to eventual champ UNLV by two, and took a three at the buzzer to win the game. I thought, when getting recruited by BSU, that hey, if they are good enough to be a kick ass D-1 basketball school, they sky is the limit for baseball. I was recruited on the weekend that we played and smashed Purdue, in basketball, at home, and I was hooked from that point on. Ball State is actually a beautiful midwestern style country campus that is isolated pretty much on it's own on the outskirts of a smallish blue collar city. BSU has alot to offer students both academically and athletically. It's very safe, clean, and a great place to go to school. Although the state of Indiana is morbid.

My point being, is that the exposure BSU got this year, will go far in recruiting for all sports at BSU. Not against the SEC, but in bringing athletes to BSU who might have never heard of the school before. All of the ESPN and Letterman coverage this year will work wonders for it's athletic program.

My point being, is that the exposure BSU got this year, will go far in recruiting for all sports at BSU. Not against the SEC, but in bringing athletes to BSU who might have never heard of the school before. All of the ESPN and Letterman coverage this year will work wonders for it's athletic program.

I am just joking... What athlete wants to spend 4 years in Muncie? It (the town) does come with the package like it or not. That is all I was saying.

:thumbdown::lol:

Again... Just joking... Just as BFLO gets a bad rap... Like it or not they are both (BFLO and Muncie) Rust-belt towns that have struggled to identify itself between the industrial past and a new post industrial thought.

Again... Not exactly geographical paradise... But, what is?

Also... When I think of BFLO... I think of weather (as most do, and I am from the place!!)... When I think of Muncie... I think of festering racism (specifically the Klan). Both BAD stereotypes I know... But, they stick in my mind.

Just saying.

I am just joking... What athlete wants to spend 4 years in Muncie? It (the town) does come with the package like it or not. That is all I was saying.

:thumbdown::lol:

Again... Just joking... Just as BFLO gets a bad rap... Like it or not they are both (BFLO and Muncie) Rust-belt towns that have struggled to identify itself between the industrial past and a new post industrial thought.

Again... Not exactly geographical paradise... But, what is?

Also... When I think of BFLO... I think of weather (as most do, and I am from the place!!)... When I think of Muncie... I think of festering racism (specifically the Klan). Both BAD stereotypes I know... But, they stick in my mind.

Just saying.

How the hell do you know about Muncie??? And by the way.....you do know that Ball State students never, and I mean never, ever, stray into Muncie right? Unless of course, you are going to the Jokers Wild!!! :lol:

LOL.....yes, Muncie is the pits......but BSU students really can stay on campus for all of their needs, uncluding nightlife!

Again though, how do know about Muncie?? Just curious. And by the way, when I think of Indiana....I think of crap....period. Flat, ugly, monster wind in the winter, and hellacious T-storms in spring. I miss BSU, but not Indiana at all.

How the hell do you know about Muncie??? And by the way.....you do know that Ball State students never, and I mean never, ever, stray into Muncie right? Unless of course, you are going to the Jokers Wild!!! :thumbdown:

LOL.....yes, Muncie is the pits......but BSU students really can stay on campus for all of their needs, uncluding nightlife!

Again though, how do know about Muncie?? Just curious. And by the way, when I think of Indiana....I think of crap....period. Flat, ugly, monster wind in the winter, and hellacious T-storms in spring. I miss BSU, but not Indiana at all.

I read and know my history. Wasn't Muncie once divided down the middle by a color line? Don't know how true that is, that of course may have been before my time.

How the hell do you know about Muncie??? And by the way.....you do know that Ball State students never, and I mean never, ever, stray into Muncie right? Unless of course, you are going to the Jokers Wild!!! :rolleyes:

The only reason I know about Muncie is because David Letterman went to Ball State.

I know more about Terre Haute and Indiana State b/c 1) Larry Bird, and 2) a friend of mine from college. His twin sister went to ISU.

The only reason I know about Muncie is because David Letterman went to Ball State.

I know more about Terre Haute and Indiana State b/c 1) Larry Bird, and 2) a friend of mine from college. His twin sister went to ISU.

Bird's brother, Eddie I believe, played against Ball State when I was there. Talk about a goofy looking bastard without 99% of Larry's skill. LOL @ ISU.

Letterman has a plaque on his t-comm building that reads: To all my fellow C- students, there is hope out there for all of you!

I read and know my history. Wasn't Muncie once divided down the middle by a color line? Don't know how true that is, that of course may have been before my time.

Don't know about that, but I will say that there is a pretty distinct have and have not line that divides the city. The haves are the one's with money, and the have not side are the struggling or out of work factory workers. Also, it makes for one hell of a high school rivalry. Amazing that the "have" high school is nice, and the "have not" pretty much sucks in terms of facilities. Pretty damn good bball rivalry though. At least 5,000 in attendance in those games.