TE Sheffler

Just because Fine isn't as good a receiver as Scheffler, and Scheffler isn't as good a blocker as Fine, doesn't mean that Fine is in for ALL running plays and Scheffler is in for ALL passing plays.

Also, where is it written that Fine is a blocking TE, and that he's a better blocker than Scheffler? Fine is a receiving TE, believe it or not. He played in the slot in a spread offense. He also was moved around a lot, playing the slot, lining up in the backfield, at WR and on the line. Just because he didn't come on the scene and catch 70 passes for 10 TD's doesn't mean that he is automatically a blocking TE.

Fine was supposed to be a good blocker coming out of college and is largely untested as a receiver in the NFL. I didn't mean to suggest he's a dud as a receiver, just that Fine could fill the blocker role while Scheffler filled the receiver role.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read anywhere that the broncos would want parrish, it takes to teams getting the players they want to make a trade

This would be McDaniel's Wes Welker. Roscoe with Marshall and Royal would give Cutler and his Coach reason to mend the broken heart. Plus Denver's special teams suck.

What worries me if the amount of money that we have to sign these guys. His contract would have to be re-worked in a deal, we are still working on Peters (hopefully), we need an OLB and OG AND we need to sign our rookies. There was a previous article stating that we might be done in FA after Pat Thomas of all people was signed. I hope we can make more moves but we just might not be able to

I say do what's necessary, within limits of course, to sign him.

Scheffler along with Evans, Owens, and whoever else we throw out there is pretty scary for opposing D's, huh?

This would be McDaniel's Wes Welker. Roscoe with Marshall and Royal would give Cutler and his Coach reason to mend the broken heart. Plus Denver's special teams suck.

and parrish has been just like Welker already in his career. it doesn't mean there is any interest

and parrish has been just like Welker already in his career. it doesn't mean there is any interest

I would love to see a comparison of Welker and Parrish on the the percentage of his team's total yards, each man contributes. This includes ALL contributions: receptions, rushing yards, return yards, etc.

I think that might be an eyeopener.

I don't doubt you, but do you have a link to this?

He said this Tuesday, in the midst of the Cook/Cutler rumors:

What's far more realistic to me is Cook being here on behalf of a Tony Scheffler trade, who I did say a few weeks ago I KNOW the Bills were interested in. This is also important and has NOT been discussed; If the Bills were to trade for him, they would DEFINITELY want to give him a new contract and not worry about free agency next year. Scheffler is in the final year of a four year contract (at $2.7 million total) so that is what makes me think Cook would be here. Otherwise, this is a trade that could be done over the phone in 2 minutes (Denver is set at TE and Scheffler is on the trading block for sure)

So that’s where I’m at right now. If Cook is meeting with Brandon, its very likely about Scheffler. .The Bills and Scheffler would both want a contract extension before they traded him. And going by value, my educated guess is a deal would be for a fourth rounder.

link

It seems like this makes too much sense. Denver is shopping a good TE who's a pass catcher and who still has upside while we have an obvious need at TE. Not only that, but aquiring Scheffler would allow us to use our picks to address our other numerous needs.

Why isn't this deal done yet? I wonder if Denver is holding out for something like a 2nd and a 5th like the G-Men got for Shockey.

It seems like this makes too much sense. Denver is shopping a good TE who's a pass catcher and who still has upside while we have an obvious need at TE. Not only that, but aquiring Scheffler would allow us to use our picks to address our other numerous needs.

Why isn't this deal done yet? I wonder if Denver is holding out for something like a 2nd and a 5th like the G-Men got for Shockey.

The Broncos would be foolish to expect that, by the time the Giants traded Shockey he had already made 4 Pro Bowls in his career.

Scheffler has gone to the Pro Bowl exactly zero times.

The highest pick I would give for Scheffler would be a third round conditional pick that COULD turn into a 2nd if he makes the Pro Bowl next year.

I personally think the Bills should not trade for him and keep the draft picks. The guy is good but i would rather have a Jason Witten type player. Witten can catch and block. Derek Fine might be that kind of TE. Lets see what he can do.

Might just be the new deal negotiation with Schef and the Bills, holding things up.

The Broncos would be foolish to expect that, by the time the Giants traded Shockey he had already made 4 Pro Bowls in his career.

Scheffler has gone to the Pro Bowl exactly zero times.

The highest pick I would give for Scheffler would be a third round conditional pick that COULD turn into a 2nd if he makes the Pro Bowl next year.

True that. I think just a third should suffice.

Might just be the new deal negotiation with Schef and the Bills, holding things up.

I hope that's all it is. Knowing we at least made an offer for TG last year, I'm confident the Bills will bring this guy in. Unless of course Bus Cook was in town just to hang with Moulds at the Sundowner like Lori speculated, lol.

I don't think that's it at all. McDaniels' offenses don't feature TE's and rely more on third receivers. Scheffler is something akin to a square peg in a round hole. They've already got Daniel Graham, who NE drafted in 02 I believe.

Scheffler is a player who, IMO, hasn't reached his physical potential and will improve. He's just a bad fit for McDaniels offensive scheme.

Scheffler will never reach his potential because he is always hurt.

Even when he is able to play, he plays hurt and far below his skill level.

find some healthy players to overpay.

Scheffler will never reach his potential because he is always hurt.

Even when he is able to play, he plays hurt and far below his skill level.

find some healthy players to overpay.

Huh? He's averaged almost 45 catches and 600 yards the past 2 years.