After Seeing Pro Days Come and Go

H2o

In light of all of the movement by teams in FA, trades, Pro Day workouts, and cuts I am changing some things up in this one. I will only do round 1, but the Bills entire mock. Let me know what you guys think.

1. Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford/QB/Georgia - I don't think that Cutler ends up going to Detroit and Stafford just had an outstanding Pro Day. I think he may have cemented his status as the #1 overall selection.

2. St. Louis Rams - Jason Smith/OT/Baylor - They just released Pace and are looking for another LT to have in the blue and gold for 10 years or so. Smith is the best OT prospect in this draft class.

3. Kansas City Chiefs - Aaron Curry/LB/Wake Forest - Curry is a monster that will be an ILB after the mold of Patrick Willis for the Chiefs new 3-4 defense. Him and Johnson will make an awesome duo.

4. Seattle Seahawks - Eugene Monroe/OT/UVA - Walter Jones is getting old and their OL wasn't that great last season all around. Monroe can learn behind Jones and start at RT immediately. Eventually, he will replace Jones.

5. Cleveland Browns - Michael Crabtree/WR/Texas Tech - Stallworth's trouble will land him a release from the Browns. Jerevicious retired. The Browns need a compliment to Edwards and get a future star in the NFL.

6. Cincinnatti Bengals - B.J. Raji/DT/Boston College - The Bengals staff coached him at the Senior Bowl. Marvin Lewis knows his defense is terrible. What better way to get it going than getting a stud DT?

7. Oakland Raiders - Brian Orakpo/DE/Texas - Their defense gets younger and even more athletic. Burgess on one side and Orakpo on the other gives them a really good tandem at DE. Crabtree is gone so Davis goes with another guy who fits his "mold".

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Vontae Davis/CB/Illinois - There are some questions about the guy, but the Jags have a need at CB. His Pro Day and 4.40 forty time made him the frontrunner in the CB battle. Jax steps up and takes him here because they can't find a trade partner.

9. Green Bay Packers - Aaron Maybin/DE/Penn St. - They are going to a 3-4 set up also and Maybin will be their pass-rushing OLB. It remains to be seen if he can cover though. He added 25 lbs. of muscle since the Rose Bowl and has shown that he can carry the weight without losing his explosiveness.

10. San Francisco 49ers - Tyson Jackson/DE/LSU - Jackson will be their version of Richard Seymour. He's athletic enough that he can pressure the QB and strong enough to stand up the OL stuffing running plays. Singletary will love this guy because he plays hard.

11. Buffalo Bills - Everett Brown/DE/Florida St. - We get the pass rushing DE that we need. Maybin, Orakpo, and Raji are gone so I see us taking Brown. Everyone wants to trade down, I know. But with the DE and LB spots so deep, QB's not really that great, and a plethora of OT's no one will give us anything we will bite on. We , again, take the best player on the board at a position of need.

12. Denver Broncos - Rey Maualuga/LB/USC - People will say it's a reach, but he's perfect to play the ILB in their new 3-4. They would've taken Jackson here, but he was taken by Green Bay. Maualuga will bring toughness to that defense and punish opposing RB's every Sunday.

13. Washington Redskins - Andre Smith/OT/Alabama - Dan Snyder is the guy who bites on Smith. They need help on the OL and he looks really good on game film. He will start at RT on opening day.

14. New Orleans Saints - Brian Cushing/OLB/USC - This is a really good pick-up for them. He and Vilma will be flying all over the field making plays. Their LB corp. will be ALOT better following this pick.

15. Houston Texans - Michael Johnson/DE/Georgia Tech - They will get a guy who's almost as athletic as Williams to play opposite of Williams. Teams will fear this pair for years to come. This will open up their whole defense because of the attention the two will command. And Travis Johnson in the middle? They'll be tough.

16. San Diego Chargers - Malcom Jenkins/CB/Ohio St. - He will play FS opposite Weddle at SS. It will give San Diego one of the best S tandems in the NFL. They could easily both be representing the AFC in the Pro Bowl next year.

17. New York Jets - Beanie Wells/RB/Ohio St. - Jones days are almost done and Washington can't be an every-down RB. Wells is big, explosive, and strong. He will be taking some reps away from Jones as the year goes along for sure.

18. Chicago Bears - Josh Freeman/QB/Kansas St. - I say Freeman over Sanchez because of the arm strength needed to chuck the ball around in the "Windy City". I think Freeman will sit behind Orton for a season and take over as the starter in year 2, unless Orton gets hurt then Freeman just may take his job that way.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Mark Sanchez/QB/USC - They will be running a West Coast Offense in Tampa and Sanchez is a perfect fit. They need a franchise guy and get one here.

20. Detroit Lions - Alex Mack/C/Cal - They face Tommie Harris, the Williams brothers, and Ryan Pickett twice a year. They need a guy at C who can hold up against that. Mack is the player who can get it done. He will anchor that OL and protect Stafford for years to come.

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Brandon Pettigrew/TE/Oklahoma St. - Buh-bye L.J. Smith, hello Brandon Pettigrew. McNabb gets a safety valve with good hands, who knows how to get open, and knows how to help in protection when called upon. I don't really see where Pettigrew has any holes in his game watching film. Donovan will be pleased.

22. Minnesota Vikings - Clay Matthews/LB/USC - Matthews, the fourth USC player taken in the 1st Round, will supplant Ben Leber at the SLB position. Not that Leber is a bad player, but adding Matthews will make an already great defense even better. Sucks to be in the NFC North. I would have them take a CB possibly, but there are none worthy of this high a selection.

23. New England Patriots - Connor Barwin/DE/Cincinnatti - He will switch to OLB in the Belicheat 3-4. The guy has been a seriously fast riser on draft boards for about a month now and I think his Pro Day cemented him as a 1st Round pick. 6'4", 255 lbs, and ran a 4.47 forty time. Wow. He also had the best vertical at 40.5" and a broad jump of 10'8", and a 3-cone drill of 6.87 seconds. He will be harassing AFC East teams, like the Bills, for years to come :censored:

24. Atlanta Falcons - Peria Jerry/DT/Ole Miss - They need an overhaul on defense and Jerry will be a good start. They would've selected Pettigrew, but Philly beat them to it. Jerry will be a force at DT though and they will be glad to have him.

25. Miami Dolphins - Larry English/DE/Northern Illinois - The "Tuna" loves defense and English is a guy who can get to the QB which makes him want the guy even more. He continues to stockpile guys who can play DE in the 4-3 or OLB in the 3-4.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Darius Heyward-Bey/WR/Maryland - He gets to continue his career in Maryland and he'll have Flacco slinging the ball to him on those deep routes when he toasts opposing DB's. Oh yeah, it's gonna happen. Flacco needs a guy like this.

27. Indianapolis Colts - Ziggy Hood/DT/Missouri - Hood has also been rising up draft boards here recently. The guy ran a sub 5 forty time at 300lbs. and he also had 35 reps on the bech press. Some will say it's a reach, but Indy needs a DT and they get a good one here.

28. Philadelphia Eagles - Michael Oher/OT/Ole Miss - Who would've thought that his teammate Peria Jerry would be selected before him a month ago and he would last this long on the board. Philly is thrilled to get him here. There are questions about his pass protection skills, but I still believe he will start at LT on opening day. He's a better option than Winston Justice.

29. New York Giants - Hakeem Nicks/WR/North Carolina - They haven't even been able to get in touch with Plaxico. They have a great team in place already and just need to fill a couple of holes, one being WR. Nicks is an excellent route runner and has hands that seem to have been manufactured by Elmer's. The Giants get a good WR here.

30. Tennessee Titans - Jeremy Maclin/WR/Missouri - His forty times don't seem to represent his game speed in pads. The guy can fly. He'll be a return man and a starting WR for the Titans. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up OROY.

31. Arizona Cardinals - Donald Brown/RB/Connecticut - No Moreno going in the 1st round? But, but, Mayock has him in the top 10 on his board :blink: Brown is a hotter prospect than Moreno right now, especially with Moreno's 4.6 forty time at his Pro Day. Brown also showed more explosion than Moreno in other events with a 10'5" broad jump and 41.5" vertical. That bested Moreno's by 6". Brown just looks more explosive and I say Arizona takes him here.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Louis Delmas/FS/Western Michigan - Ryan Clark is almost 30, injury prone, and his contract is set to run out at the end of the 2009 season. Delmas is arguably the best S available in the draft and the Steelers choose to start getting younger in their secondary.

As for Buffalo:

1. Everett Brown/DE/Florida St.

2. Jonathan Luigs/C/Arkansas (he can also play OG and will for us)

3. Marcus Freeman/OLB/Ohio St.

4. Cornelius Ingram/TE/Florida

5. David Bruton/FS/Notre Dame

6. Alex Boone/OT/Ohio St.

7. Javorskie Lane/FB/Texas A&M

In light of all of the movement by teams in FA, trades, Pro Day workouts, and cuts I am changing some things up in this one. I will only do round 1, but the Bills entire mock. Let me know what you guys think.

6. Cincinnatti Bengals - B.J. Raji/DT/Boston College - The Bengals staff coached him at the Senior Bowl. Marvin Lewis knows his defense is terrible. What better way to get it going than getting a stud DT?

A review is in order...CIN played the 1st or 2nd most difficult strength-of schedule going into last season and that also held at the end of the season. They were ranked #12 in overall defense last season, 2 spots above the Bills:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?arc...e&Submit=Go

It's my understanding that Raji is more an NT in a 3 -4, which CIN doesn't use. Last year, they re-signed DT Domato Peko to a fat contract, and drafted DTs Pat Sims - Auburn at #3 and Jason Shirley at #5.

Anything's possible, but I really don't see them looking at any DT with their 1st pick.

A lot of thought was put into your mock, with some good evaluations. I would love to see Everett Brown with the Bills, but I'm not as optimistic as you are on that pick. The Raji pick to Cincinatti seems right to me.

Regarding Maclin, I think you are right that he is going to slide down the draft boards. Crabtree and Nicks are definitely the cream of the crop in my view. Percy Harvin I believe will be chosen by someone in the first round.

As far as Detroit going with Stafford, I think they are hating having to choose #1 at this point. I believe that some analysts like Mayock are putting tremdous doubt and pressure on them. I see them going with a safer choice in either Curry or one of the Tackles.

Maclin at 30?? are you out of your mind. The dude ran in the 4.3's on his pro day and tore up the drills. He is going top 10.

No he didn't. He ran a 4.43 and a 4.47 forty time at his pro day and I stand bye what I said. He IS NOT going in the first 10 picks of the draft unless some one wants him bad enough to trade up for him.

http://digg.com/football/WR_Jeremy_Maclin_...issouri_Pro_Day