Tim Tebow's "Promise"

Cynical

Oh, for f**ks sake ...

Linky

I will readily admit he is an excellent college QB, probably one of the best at the collegiate level,

but a fugging stone plaque of his "promise"?! Before he has even graduated?!!

They are going to look extremely retarded in Gainesville if (and that's a mighty big if) the Gators tank the upcoming season.

Should have waited until he graduated.

Oh, for f**ks sake ...

Linky

I will readily admit he is an excellent college QB, probably one of the best at the collegiate level,

but a fugging stone plaque of his "promise"?! Before he has even graduated?!!

They are going to look extremely retarded in Gainesville if (and that's a mighty big if) the Gators tank the upcoming season.

Should have waited until he graduated.

Eh...school systems have been indoctrinating children for decades about them being "special". Heaping oneself with pride, kissing ones' own a** , boasting, bragging etc...normal, everyday stuff.

Tebow is a product of that. And his college seems to buy into it.

I agree,it's definitely over the top. Sounds like they're making this their own version of a"win one for the Gipper"type thing. Florida players will be hyping each other up yelling "remember The Promise!" or "lets win one for Saint Tim!". :thumbdown:

Eh...school systems have been indoctrinating children for decades about them being "special". Heaping oneself with pride, kissing ones' own a** , boasting, bragging etc...normal, everyday stuff.

I could care less about the plaque, or any debate about Tebow's place in college history for that matter.

But cincy, you obviously know absolutely nothing about the person Tebow is, and it's a damned shame that you're such an ass you will mouth off about a great kid for no other reason than to get a bit of pride out of you childish sarcasm. Normal, everyday stuff....yep.

I could care less about the plaque, or any debate about Tebow's place in college history for that matter.

But cincy, you obviously know absolutely nothing about the person Tebow is, and it's a damned shame that you're such an ass you will mouth off about a great kid for no other reason than to get a bit of pride out of you childish sarcasm. Normal, everyday stuff....yep.

I'm aware that Tebow is a decent kid, despite your claim that "I obviously know absolutely nothing about the person Tebow is". I spoke of generalities prevalent today.

I'm aware that Tebow is a decent kid, despite your claim that "I obviously know absolutely nothing about the person Tebow is". I spoke of generalities prevalent today.

But when you spoke of those generalities, you applied it specifically to this case:

If the promise was made by the Gators third string center, I could see your point. However, the promise was made by the teams leader, a fierce competitor who may go down in history as one of the best ever at his position. And I really do not think Tebow had anything to do with this plaque being put up. What I got out of the article was the school made the decision.

I seriously doubt Tebow is nothing more than a product of a system of "false" praise.

It was a badass speech and an epic follow through. But I do think it's a little much to do this before he graduates. The guy isn't even through his junior year. Not only is it weird, but from what I've gathered from Tebow, it seems like the kind of excessive praise that he tries to deflect.

UF should instead build a plaque which they can continually add to every time Lane Kiffin opens his mouth and inserts his foot.

It was a badass speech and an epic follow through. But I do think it's a little much to do this before he graduates. The guy isn't even through his junior year. Not only is it weird, but from what I've gathered from Tebow, it seems like the kind of excessive praise that he tries to deflect.

UF should instead build a plaque which they can continually add to every time Lane Kiffin opens his mouth and inserts his foot.

Heck, every team in the SEC should put up a plaque containing Kiffin quotes. Kiffin is going to learn the hard way that he is not in the PAC-10, and Tenn is not USC. Georgia, Florida, and Bama are loaded with talent, and are well coached.

Heck, every team in the SEC should put up a plaque containing Kiffin quotes. Kiffin is going to learn the hard way that he is not in the PAC-10, and Tenn is not USC. Georgia, Florida, and Bama are loaded with talent, and are well coached.

Okay, not to start a who is better conference debate because the SEC has current bragging rights, but Florida or Alabama has the balls to go out to Eugene or Corvallis or Berkley or LA to play one of these teams I do not want to hear it from you SEC guys. A good Tenn team went out to Berkley a few years ago & got smacked up & down the field by Cal. I would love to go see Florida go up to Eugene this year & see how they do against a good Oregon team. It will never happen though. Florida will never leave the confines of the Southeast. Neither will Alabama. Cant say I blame them.

Okay, not to start a who is better conference debate because the SEC has current bragging rights, but Florida or Alabama has the balls to go out to Eugene or Corvallis or Berkley or LA to play one of these teams I do not want to hear it from you SEC guys. A good Tenn team went out to Berkley a few years ago & got smacked up & down the field by Cal. I would love to go see Florida go up to Eugene this year & see how they do against a good Oregon team. It will never happen though. Florida will never leave the confines of the Southeast. Neither will Alabama. Cant say I blame them.

Agreed. Until any of the big SEC schools actually grow a sack big enough to stop playing division III football schools for the non-conference games and take on a real challenge, they have no foot to stand on. Say what you want about Ohio St, but at least they have the nuts to take other big name schools.

As for tebag, the plaque is UF being over the top retarded and doesn't have a thing to with him*.

*Tallahassee law requires that i conclude this post by stating that tim tebag is fond of manly anal love.

My point had nothing to do with which conference is better. It had more to do with USC vs. PAC-10, and Tenn vs. the SEC.

USC dominates the PAC-10 because they are loaded with talent, more so than the rest of the conference. Since 2002, USC has claimed the PAC-10 title, or claimed part of the title.

Compare that with the SEC.

In short, Lane will not be working with a stacked deck like he had at USC.

My point had nothing to do with which conference is better. It had more to do with USC vs. PAC-10, and Tenn vs. the SEC.

USC dominates the PAC-10 because they are loaded with talent, more so than the rest of the conference. Since 2002, USC has claimed the PAC-10 title, or claimed part of the title.

Compare that with the SEC.

In short, Lane will not be working with a stacked deck like he had at USC.

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

& yes, I think kiffin is in for a rude awakening this fall.

Funny, I missed all the times the PAC-10 has traveled to the SEC. Oh, except for the one where Cal traveled to Tenn and got beat.

Talk about a one sided argument.

Outside of teams that are desperately seeking decent competition due to weak conferences (Ohio St.) or teams trying to help their recruiting base because they get destroyed in their conference (Oreg St., Tenn, etc...), the top teams don't travel. That's college football.

Edit: I'll also throw in the teams that have stuck to rivalries, like USC vs ND (just an example).

Funny, I missed all the times the PAC-10 has traveled to the SEC. Oh, except for the one where Cal traveled to Tenn and got beat.

Talk about a one sided argument.

Outside of teams that are desperately seeking decent competition due to weak conferences (Ohio St.) or teams trying to help their recruiting base because they get destroyed in their conference (Oreg St., Tenn, etc...), the top teams don't travel. That's college football.

Edit: I'll also throw in the teams that have stuck to rivalries, like USC vs ND (just an example).

Well, off the top of my head I could remember Oregon St going to LSU a few years ago, USC going to Arkanasas & to Auburn. It is not just about the PAC 10 going to the SEC or vica versa. It is the fact that no SEC has the balls to play a tough out of conference schedule & do it on the road. Texas has had a home & home series with Ohio ST, USC wnet to maryland to play Virginia Tech, they setup a home & home with Ohio ST, Michigan has played home & homes in the past with Oregon & Colorado, Miami has played Washington in home & home series & so on. I am not saying I blame the SEC teams, but it seams like they dictate their games so they never have to play a tough road game out of conference.

Well, off the top of my head I could remember Oregon St going to LSU a few years ago, USC going to Arkanasas & to Auburn. It is not just about the PAC 10 going to the SEC or vica versa. It is the fact that no SEC has the balls to play a tough out of conference schedule & do it on the road. Texas has had a home & home series with Ohio ST, USC wnet to maryland to play Virginia Tech, they setup a home & home with Ohio ST, Michigan has played home & homes in the past with Oregon & Colorado, Miami has played Washington in home & home series & so on. I am not saying I blame the SEC teams, but it seams like they dictate their games so they never have to play a tough road game out of conference.

Both miami and FSU also have or have started a home-and-home with Oklahoma. FSU plays OU in '10 and '11. FSU also has a home-and-home scheduled with WVU for '12 and '13. Miami is also going to Ohio St as well as having 4 games against USF.

Both miami and FSU also have or have started a home-and-home with Oklahoma. FSU plays OU in '10 and '11. FSU also has a home-and-home scheduled with WVU for '12 and '13. Miami is also going to Ohio St as well as having 4 games against USF.

Exactly, more & more schools from the big conferences are doing this. The SEC just does not seem to be following it. That is fine, but do not cry when an undefeated Auburn gets left out of the NC like they did a few years ago because of their NC schedule. Stop scheduling home games against sun belt teams & Tulane & maybe Auburn would of been the ones getting their a** handed to them by USC instead of Oklahoma.

Exactly, more & more schools from the big conferences are doing this. The SEC just does not seem to be following it. That is fine, but do not cry when an undefeated Auburn gets left out of the NC like they did a few years ago because of their NC schedule. Stop scheduling home games against sun belt teams & Tulane & maybe Auburn would of been the ones getting their a** handed to them by USC instead of Oklahoma.

'Bama getting their ass whipped by Utah is a huge reason why the SEC wont play big OOC games. That was a very tough pill for the cutoff jean-short wearing, dale earnhardt jr tatoo crowd to swallow.

We're in a time where its very tough for a team to go unbeaten, so its down to the best 1 loss and even possibly 2 loss teams for the national title. And when there's that many teams vying for the top slot, big games mean a lot more in the polls. A team that went to LA and lost OOC to USC looks much better than a candy ass SEC team who beat up on Tulane and Northeast florida School for the Blind and lost to mississippi st.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.