Don't tell me CNN isn't biased

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was written by man, who by the way had yet to even invent toliet paper by then. Call me crazy but I'd rather not get my moral compass from slobs who were still using corn cobs to clean out their bunghole after defecating.

And still 7 out of 10 people in this world today fend for themselves when it comes to tp for their bunghole.

"I am the great cornholio... TP for my bunghole... Lake TittyCocka!"

<_<

Pray for me. Please.

Y'know, what's interesting to me is that so many people here want to mock the Bible as well as people who adhere to it, but I think your problems may not be the Bible, but rather organized religion.

Most people who believe in the Bible turn to it for guidance when they're confused, or comfort when they're in pain or suffered a loss, or strength in bad times. For all the reading of the Bible I've done, and I've done plenty, the basic message is one of faith, strength, guidance and hope. In the past year my wife has really embraced Christianity. It's not my gig, but she embarked on this journey to be a better person, a better wife and a better mother. As a result of this newfound commitment, she spends a tremendous amount of her free time helping needy people, volunteering/donating an incredible amount of time, food and clothing in an effort to help others less fortunate than herself. And she does this with a large group of people all doing the same thing.

And yes, she prays. She prays for sick people to get better. She prays to be a better person, wife and mother. She prays for the protection of her family, and she prays for the health and well-being of our town, our country and our world.

While I appreciate the fact that the Bible, and apparently praying, are ridiculous to you, I have never understood why ANYONE would mock people for doing something that is simply being done for the primary purpose of making the world a better place.

If you problem is organized religion, I get that. But to just mock people for seeking strength, guidance and hope...and seeking those items by doing good for others...well, that's pretty unfortunate.

Who said the Bible was "written by God?" Its the word of God, but not written by Him. God's word is what is divine.

I've still not figured out how to word this clearly. The Bible, without doubt, has nothing to do with God (if one or many exists). It's records of supernatural events and "miracles" are all completely false. Some of its historical events are likely accurate, but that is to be taken with a grain of salt. Mistakes abound for many reasons, including intentional and accident errors when writing and/or copying the texts. It's a book, a normal book having as much to do with God as anything Mark Twain wrote.

Not for nothing, but I would think those who have devoted their lives to its teachings and content and spend a good portion of their time studying it do have a bit more "inside information" or understanding than someone who never cracked the thing opened. And Im not saying you have to "bleive" in the Bible to get that understanding either. Plently of scholars and religious have an understanding of their's and other religions.

Did I say "theologians"? I though we were talking about the breathtakingly arrogant point of view that Christianity conveys insight into the Bible all by itself.

You people should really LEARN about what you spend so much time mocking and showing disdain for. You call beleivers "ignorant" yet most non-believers are just as much so about what really goes on.

I'm not mocking the Bible, I'm mocking the so-called "Christians" who arrogantly espouse their superiority for following a religion that preaches humility.

Religion is not a zero sum game. Stop saying it is.

Arguing about it sure as sh-- is.

I look forward to the next time you lecture someone on intolerance and ignorance.

Shame....you seemed like a pretty fart smella.

What about the Urantia Book offends you, and would lead you to make such a comment?

What about the Urantia Book offends you, and would lead you to make such a comment?

Why are you offended by that? I am sure percentage wise you two are likely very close in how much each has read the others book discussed above.

Why are you offended by that? I am sure percentage wise you two are likely very close in how much each has read the others book discussed above.

Really? Would you make that bet?

I was raised as a Catholic and went to religious instructions for several years, once a week. I also studied comparative religion, in College and have read much of, but not all of, the Bible.

I wonder how much of the Urantia Book you, or Rk have read...hmmm?

I was raised as a Catholic and went to religious instructions for several years, once a week. I also studied comparative religion, in College and have read much of, but not all of, the Bible.

I wonder how much of the Urantia Book you, or Rk have read...hmmm?

I haven't. But being raised Catholic, doesn't mean you've read the Bible.

Plus I said close. Meaning If he read 0% and you've read 1% of the Bible, I would call that close.

I haven't. But being raised Catholic, doesn't mean you've read the Bible.

Plus I said close. Meaning If he read 0% and you've read 1% of the Bible, I would call that close.

Going to religious instruction classes means you read the Bible, or got whacked, and thrown out, if it continued. Parts were also mandatory reading in Comparative Religion classes. I have easily read more than 50% of the Bible (old and new testaments). I have not read over 50% of the Urantia Book, but I have read over 25% of it. A far better book, IMO.

How much of the Urantia Book do you think he's read?

Why didnt you say this in the first !@#$ing place?

I expect this kind of nonsense from a lot of people, but not you.

Going to religious instruction classes means you read the Bible, or got whacked, and thrown out, if it continued. Parts were also mandatory reading in Comparative Religion classes. I have easily read more than 50% of the Bible (old and new testaments). I have not read over 50% of the Urantia Book, but I have read over 25% of it. A far better book, IMO.

How much of the Urantia Book do you think he's read?

Those nuns in NF must be a lot stricter than those in Cheektowaga.

Those nuns in NF must be a lot stricter than those in Cheektowaga.

No doubt. We always hoped to get a younger "Brother" or seminarian close to becoming a Brother, as they tended to be a little hipper and had a sense of humor. Still, they actually made us do stuff and read and stuff...WTF was that all about? :rolleyes:

I decline to speculate exactly why these Priests-to-be were so nice to us young boys. :(

Kidding...honest...kidding.