Taxing Bonuses

With the Democrats eager to single out and tax the AIG bonuses 90% in this brave new popularist world we live in, I came up with the following idea:

NYS has a vested interest in the Buffalo Bills, with the various investments it has put into them over the years. Whenever the Bills suck, we taxpayers are rightfully outraged at players getting paid bonuses for doing a crappy job while we fork over for stadiums and road improvements. So the state assembly should pass legislation targeting everybody in the organization - administrators, coaches and players - and making their state tax 90% on bonuses above their base salary whenever the team finishes with 5 wins or less.

Thoughts?

Actually, not a bad idea... I like it, finally these overpaid prima-donas would have some incentive to work for a living or feel the taxpayers wrath! :rolleyes:

I wish they would just tell Cuomo to go !@#$ himself.

But that didn't exactly work against Samuel Sewell, either.

Cuomo, as much as I don't think much of, idea of exposing the names of federal employees (AIG) receiving bonuses should be standard practice.

In fact all salaries should be made public as well as their assets. They should all have to fill out a Public Financial Disclosure form as requied under law by all federal employees and be required to go through an ethics review... :rolleyes:

Novel idea!

Making them pay back bonuses should be illegal unless voluntary.

And this is based on Obama's track record of bucking his party and taking unpopular positions with his constituients? :thumbsup:

He will encourage the Senate to make it go away. But I predict that if something does get passed, you won't see an Obama veto. He will roll over and pronounce it grand just like he did on earmarks.

You mean the earmarks in the 2008 budget that he'd wanted reworked, but wasn't?

He all be pronounced the tax unconstitutional. It won't get out of the Senate and if he does, he won't sign it.

You mean the earmarks in the 2008 budget that he'd wanted reworked, but wasn't?

He all be pronounced the tax unconstitutional. It won't get out of the Senate and if he does, he won't sign it.

Yeah, he's been a living "Profiles in Courage" his whole political career. Pelosi is shaking in her boots.

Cuomo, as much as I don't think much of, idea of exposing the names of federal employees (AIG) receiving bonuses should be standard practice.

In fact all salaries should be made public as well as their assets. They should all have to fill out a Public Financial Disclosure form as requied under law by all federal employees and be required to go through an ethics review... :nana:

Novel idea!

Making them pay back bonuses should be illegal unless voluntary.

The B word of it is they actually received the bonuses and paid income taxes (state and federal on it). Wonder if the return of the bonuses to AIG will require them to pay the gift tax?