Brady Quinn on the outs in Cleveland?

H2o

http://blogs.rotoworld.com/Fantasy_Footbal...rt_has_le_1.php

I think the Browns are blithering idiots. They are worse off than us by far I believe now. First off they bring in Mangini. He's already ticked off Shaun Rogers, trade one of the best TE's in the NFL, and now they're talking about Quinn not being in their future plans. I'm a complete ND homer so I watched this guy start and mature at the QB position over his 4 years at ND. Every game. If there was ever an NFL ready QB coming out of college, it was him. Derek Anderson was a one year fluke that kept Quinn off the field and now they're talking about moving him without even really giving him a chance. Granted the source is a guy who doesn't like Quinn, but whatever. If this happens the people in Cleveland will flipping their lids, unless they get Cutler in return. Even then, trading the hometown boy still wouldn't go over well. I'd take the guy here in Buffalo for sure.

I think the Browns are blithering idiots. They are worse off than us by far I believe now. First off they bring in Mangini. He's already ticked off Shaun Rogers, trade one of the best TE's in the NFL, and now they're talking about Quinn not being in their future plans. I'm a complete ND homer so I watched this guy start and mature at the QB position over his 4 years at ND. Every game. If there was ever an NFL ready QB coming out of college, it was him. Derek Anderson was a one year fluke that kept Quinn off the field and now they're talking about moving him without even really giving him a chance. Granted the source is a guy who doesn't like Quinn, but whatever. If this happens the people in Cleveland will flipping their lids, unless they get Cutler in return. Even then, trading the hometown boy still wouldn't go over well. I'd take the guy here in Buffalo for sure.

Anderson has a better skill set than Brady Quinn. Quinn will only start because of the public pressure to start him.

The Browns need to move one of these guys. It's not going to work with both.

Don't believe everything that you read. This is a ploy to drive Andersen's stock back up. Quinn played under Weiss and is more suited to play for Mangini. The previous Browns' GM Phil Savage made a mistake when he didn't trade Andersen last year, now Andersen is exposed and the Browns aren't going to get a fraction of what they could of last year.

This is what happens when you are brought in to manage a floundering team. Bad management and bad coaching have led to this debacle in Cleveland. They never should of drafted Winslow or Quinn, neither was as good as their hype. This is why you have to have good scouting and draft awareness. Know the system you want to run and draft the players that fit the system. Crennel was too easy on these players and it cost him his job. savage had no clue.

Clowns would be stupid to dump Quinn now. It's uncertain if he's a great QB yet, but his IS a PR golden boy. He did look good the little bit he played last year. I'd keep him if I were them.

He completed a good percentage of his passes. Of course most of them were short and he got hurt, but still. Wait, who does that sound like? (Too bad Leodis couldn't have gotten that pick late in the 4th quarter.)

Go BILLS !!

I despise Notre Dame, with every fiber of my being...but I agree about Brady being close to a sure thing, as an NFL prospect, coming out of college.

But, I found this comment curious, ""I'm just hearing things out of Cleveland that don't make me feel Brady Quinn is part of their future. ... (Quinn's) support has left the building. We used to call it sponsorship at the Raiders. When your sponsorship goes, you aren't the same player."

What I've heard is, Man-gina plane to have an open competition at QB. Is that what is driving this story? I'm happy I haven't heard Quinn descend into a Cutler-like hissy-fit about what is SOP when a new HC comes to a team, and there is no established starter.

If there is more to the story, fine, I'd like to hear it. But, it that's really the crux of this particular biscuit, then this sounds like a non-story, to me.

Anderson has a better skill set than Brady Quinn. Quinn will only start because of the public pressure to start him.

The Browns need to move one of these guys. It's not going to work with both.

Then you havent seen Quinn play live. The kid is good...real good. Anderson was throwing balls in the dirt and the stands last year.

I don't know what to believe, but alienating QB's, and star players, right off the bat, is from the Parcells/Belechik playbook, 101. All of these guys (the BB spinoffs) think that any player is expendable. It is all about the coach, and their system. Quin may have loads more potential, or Anderson may have a "better skill set" (silly terminoligy), but neither has proven anything yet, and they don't need both. Mangini may feel he can win with Anderson, and the payoff trading BQ would bring, is greater than banking on what potential Quin may have, and how much paying him will hamper them salary cap wise.

Mangini and McDaniels are and always will be Belichick disciples. And so they blow up a team when they first arrive, a la their mentor, in the image of a BB team. It's why McD wanted to trade Cutler for a guy who fit his scheme in Cassel. It's why Mangini is removing the "bad eggs" from Cleveland's locker room. Both are rebuilding these teams into their image, no matter who is on the team. They can't get rid of all the names in the first year, but DJ/Marv did the same think in 06-07 with Buffalo. They got rid of the locker room lawyers and wanted to create a new core of players.

Mangini and McDaniels are and always will be Belichick disciples. And so they blow up a team when they first arrive, a la their mentor, in the image of a BB team. It's why McD wanted to trade Cutler for a guy who fit his scheme in Cassel. It's why Mangini is removing the "bad eggs" from Cleveland's locker room. Both are rebuilding these teams into their image, no matter who is on the team. They can't get rid of all the names in the first year, but DJ/Marv did the same think in 06-07 with Buffalo. They got rid of the locker room lawyers and wanted to create a new core of players.

Parcells did the same thing when he went to New England, NY Jets, Dallas, and even in Miami as the GM. Before the teams ever put on their pads for one of his practices, the first news out of any of those camps was how one, or more, of the "star" players on the team was already in Parcells dog house...

Don't believe everything that you read. This is a ploy to drive Andersen's stock back up. Quinn played under Weiss and is more suited to play for Mangini. The previous Browns' GM Phil Savage made a mistake when he didn't trade Andersen last year, now Andersen is exposed and the Browns aren't going to get a fraction of what they could of last year.

How is an article going to drive up Anderson's stock when he sucks on the field?

And how is Quinn more suited to play for Mangini? You pretend like Somehow Mangini's defensive system in NE was connected to Weiss's offensive system at ND. WTF?