red-faced 'Noogans today..

Chandler#81

We were thrilled to see our Chattanooga Mocs make the Dance, but the outcome was a debacle! There may well be some screamin' about this from much better Div. 1 schools, about small conference tournament champs getting an automatic bid. At the very least, don't invite every team to the conference tournament, just the 6-8 best ones. Just an idea..

One thing we are grateful for, we didn't have to play the UConn GIRLS team! They'd have hung 200 on our azz..

I didn't catch the whole game, but the score says a lot. I don't know 'bout people wanting to scrap the bids --- it's seemed to work for a while now, and small-conference winners have produced their share of excitement. Parity rules, but no one really expects a #16 seed to look good vs. a #1 anyway. Congrats for getting to the tourney.

As for the women's team, I 'bout think Geno would have had a triple-double...

There were many people on-campus in 2004 (when they both won the championships) who said the women's team would've beaten the men's head-to-head. There'd been rumors that they played pick-up and Taurasi kicked a--.

I didn't catch the whole game, but the score says a lot. I don't know 'bout people wanting to scrap the bids --- it's seemed to work for a while now, and small-conference winners have produced their share of excitement. Parity rules, but no one really expects a #16 seed to look good vs. a #1 anyway. Congrats for getting to the tourney.

As for the women's team, I 'bout think Geno would have had a triple-double...

There were many people on-campus in 2004 (when they both won the championships) who said the women's team would've beaten the men's head-to-head. There'd been rumors that they played pick-up and Taurasi kicked a--.

What was the name of that guard...Berube or something like that, that played (I think) when Lobo was there?

Heck of a player...

Please, you have nothing to be ashamed of. UCONN is a damn good team. Congrats to your team on getting into the position to play them on such a stage...it starts with one game...before you know it, you are up there with the elites.... B-)

We were thrilled to see our Chattanooga Mocs make the Dance, but the outcome was a debacle! There may well be some screamin' about this from much better Div. 1 schools, about small conference tournament champs getting an automatic bid. At the very least, don't invite every team to the conference tournament, just the 6-8 best ones. Just an idea..

One thing we are grateful for, we didn't have to play the UConn GIRLS team! They'd have hung 200 on our azz..

What was the name of that guard...Berube or something like that, that played (I think) when Lobo was there?

Heck of a player...

Carla Berube. And yes. But that whole '94 team was something else. There's been a long string of those 'heck of a player' for Auriemma. To count that high, I'd have to tally all my fingers, take off my shoes and unzip my fly.

Imagine if Shea Ralph hadn't blown out her knee (twice. I know I guy who knew her who was literally in tears the second time. He was filling in for color analyst on the local radio broadcast) and yet she was still an animal on that floor chasing balls oob, etc.

Please, you have nothing to be ashamed of. UCONN is a damn good team. Congrats to your team on getting into the position to play them on such a stage...it starts with one game...before you know it, you are up there with the elites.... :thumbsup:

Hell, look at my alma mater in the mid-late 80s.... And then Scottie Burrell with "The Shot."