Well, isnt that "special"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not disagreeing. I am merely pointing out that anyone who screams about how terrible a thing it is, ought to also consider what they say too.

Kelly had it right, and you're missing the point. Sure people make that comment. I've made it repeatedly. But I'm not President, and for the POTUS to make such a markedly casual and insulting quip in front of 5 million people is simply embarrassing. He's held to a higher standard, and he should be, and as I mentioned earlier, if you can't spend 25 minutes in unscripted television time without making such a ridiculous comment, you shouldn't be on TV in the first place. At least not without his teleprompter.

It's like the argument some were making when it came to be known that Geithner screwed up his taxes. Some said "Hey, probably 99% of people cheat on their taxes." The problem is that none of us were appointed to be in charge of the US freaking treasury. That position must be held to a higher standard. Is it any wonder he's botched this up so horribly in his first 60 days? No. Not at all.

For those of you who thought this administration would get the world to stop hating us, all I can say is, "Congratulations. They don't hate us any more. They're too busy laughing at us."

Kelly had it right, and you're missing the point. Sure people make that comment. I've made it repeatedly. But I'm not President, and for the POTUS to make such a markedly casual and insulting quip in front of 5 million people is simply embarrassing. He's held to a higher standard, and he should be, and as I mentioned earlier, if you can't spend 25 minutes in unscripted television time without making such a ridiculous comment, you shouldn't be on TV in the first place. At least not without his teleprompter.

It's like the argument some were making when it came to be known that Geithner screwed up his taxes. Some said "Hey, probably 99% of people cheat on their taxes." The problem is that none of us were appointed to be in charge of the US freaking treasury. That position must be held to a higher standard. Is it any wonder he's botched this up so horribly in his first 60 days? No. Not at all.

For those of you who thought this administration would get the world to stop hating us, all I can say is, "Congratulations. They don't hate us any more. They're too busy laughing at us."

And I AGREED with Kelly. Dumb thing to say, happens to us all, worse when it's the President.

And it's REALLY bad when you consider that chances are good that this man, at least once in his life, was called "!@#$" or maybe even "oreo". He really should know better. I hope he's learned his lesson.

You can't unring the bell. The words are out. What matters is what happens next.

I do hold the President to a higher standard. I am glad you do too.