Other Teams are interested in Duke Preston?

Sorry if this has already been posted.

From FFMastermind.com:

-- Raiders Remain Interested in Duke Preston --

Wed Mar 18, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

The San Francisco Chronicle reports the Oakland Raiders remain in talks with Bills C Duke Preston, who visited the team more than two weeks ago. They seem to be using the same strategy that landed OLT Khalif Barnes at below-market rates: wait them out, then hope their price tag comes down when no other offers emerge. Former Raiders ORT Langston Walker, now with the Bills, spoke well of Preston. Walker played at Cal and, as soon as he showed up Wednesday to watch the Pro Day workouts, was hit up about Preston by Cable and a Seahawks scout. "Why's everybody asking me about Duke?" Walker joked when he was asked yet again by a reporter.

You're right he is. :blink:

That doesn't negate a trade possibility. If all parties are agreeable, Team A can offer a quick tender to a player, he can sign that, it gets called in to the league office, and when it is approved, seconds later Team B can execute the pre-arranged trade with Team A.

That doesn't negate a trade possibility. If all parties are agreeable, Team A can offer a quick tender to a player, he can sign that, it gets called in to the league office, and when it is approved, seconds later Team B can execute the pre-arranged trade with Team A.

I don't think this to be correct Cincy. He is an unrestriced free agent, and I don't understand at all how it would be in the players interest to do this.

Why woud the bills or raiders or preston do this instead of just signing him?