Hangartner

BillsNYC

Was just remembering how when the Bills drafted Lynch, for months they claimed that they weren't going to draft a RB and didn't do much to bring in any free agent talent. They basically "ignored" the position prior to the draft, and I see a similar situation at Left Guard on how the Bills are addressing it.

I'm wondering if saying Hangartner will be the center is a decoy and the Bills are going to go after a guy like Mack and slide Hangartner to guard to cover up their intentions.

Was just remembering how when the Bills drafted Lynch, for months they claimed that they weren't going to draft a RB and didn't do much to bring in any free agent talent. They basically "ignored" the position prior to the draft, and I see a similar situation at Left Guard on how the Bills are addressing it.

I'm wondering if saying Hangartner will be the center is a decoy and the Bills are going to go after a guy like Mack and slide Hangartner to guard to cover up their intentions.

Possible they are smokescreening but they did bring McKelvin in for a visit last year before the draft.

Either way, it always pays to keep the opposition guessing.

That fits the way they do things. Certainly plausible....but then again, this is coming from the captain of the "draft the fat guy regardless of everything" crew. :unsure: Wishful thinking?

I honestly hope that we draft a DE or DT, unless we catch a miracle with one of the top O lineman falling in our laps. I want a nutcase, too. Somehow I think being a nice guy isn't the #1 priority for a D lineman.

Also, if you take the last three drafts as a whole, there is really no excuse for us not to be drafting O and D line this year. We have needs there, and, we finally have plenty of talent at the skill positions(<--inserted to make BillinNYC crazy). I would be all for trading up to get the best we can, one for each line, provided we don't hinder our ability to get a TE. Seriously. I'd package our 1st and 3rd for the best D lineman we can get and then our 2nd and 5th for a high 2nd O lineman, and hope that there's a TE in the 4th that can be great. Whatever! This is the year to use our top 4 picks on the lines and TE(if you don't count TE as a lineman)...oh, provided we can get an upgrade at OLB somehow. :blink:

While I'm thinking about it...doesn't your logic apply to the TE position as well? Considering we have drafted 2 in successive years?

If Mack is their target at pick 11, I highly doubt they have to decoy anything. Nobody is trading up into the top ten to take a center.

Exactly right. They'll have their pick of the litter as far as centers go at pick 11.

I'll be disappointed if they do take one that early. A center or TE should be taken in the 2nd round, not the first. Mack, Unger, or Caldwell might all be there at pick 42 unless Pittsburgh picks one of them up at the end of the first.

I really think that they need to address either DE or OLB in the first.

IIRC, we did make a move for Michael Turner, then he was signed up for one more year with SD. Also, in his "State of the Francise" speech in February 2007, Marv said that RB was a priority. And at that point McGahee was still on the roster.

Then Jauron said he was ready to go into the season with Anthony Thomas as the starter.

Exactly right. They'll have their pick of the litter as far as centers go at pick 11.

I'll be disappointed if they do take one that early. A center or TE should be taken in the 2nd round, not the first. Mack, Unger, or Caldwell might all be there at pick 42 unless Pittsburgh picks one of them up at the end of the first.

I really think that they need to address either DE or OLB in the first.

Taking a TE would be equally unlikely.

In fact, I'd say we shouldn't take a TE on day one, period.