Cornelius Ingram

I must say, Shanahan's Horseshoe smacked quite a few people around in this thread.

If by smacked around you mean stated falsities as if they were fact and added in cutesy smiley icons, then yes, he did smack some people around.

He was always injured: Wrong. He was injured one time in his entire career and it was a freak accident in non-contact drills before his senior season.

He wasn't really a blocking tight end: No sh--. And no team in the NFL is going to draft him to do that. He's a complimentary tight end who has the capability to flex out to create mismatches. No one is saying he's Brandon Pettigrew, who happens to be a TE/LT combo as opposed to a Cornelius Ingram, Jared Cook type athlete who is more of a TE/WR. Robert Royal sure could block. The problem was he had the body of a TE with the agility and hands of a LT.

No big plays in big games? As a sophomore he made big, long-gain receptions, at critical moments, in both the Tennessee and SEC Championship games, without which those would have been losses instead of wins en route to a NC.

He is one of the most unique talents I've seen as an SEC fan in the last 20 years. It's a shame he was injured before his senior campaign; that effectively kept him out of the national spotlight, as I'm sure he would have garnered a ton of attention on the Gator team this past year. But it could also be a gift for a team that gets first-round talent for a bargain in the second or early third.

If by smacked around you mean stated falsities as if they were fact and added in cutesy smiley icons, then yes, he did smack some people around.

He was always injured: Wrong. He was injured one time in his entire career and it was a freak accident in non-contact drills before his senior season.

He wasn't really a blocking tight end: No sh--. And no team in the NFL is going to draft him to do that. He's a complimentary tight end who has the capability to flex out to create mismatches. No one is saying he's Brandon Pettigrew, who happens to be a TE/LT combo as opposed to a Cornelius Ingram, Jared Cook type athlete who is more of a TE/WR. Robert Royal sure could block. The problem was he had the body of a TE with the agility and hands of a LT.

No big plays in big games? As a sophomore he made big, long-gain receptions, at critical moments, in both the Tennessee and SEC Championship games, without which those would have been losses instead of wins en route to a NC.

He is one of the most unique talents I've seen as an SEC fan in the last 20 years. It's a shame he was injured before his senior campaign; that effectively kept him out of the national spotlight, as I'm sure he would have garnered a ton of attention on the Gator team this past year. But it could also be a gift for a team that gets first-round talent for a bargain in the second or early third.

good post. I am sold on Ingram in the second round