Greatest Blog.....Ever!

The ability to dissent is what we fight for. It's part of what freedom of speech is all about. You guys know this. First Amendment and all of that.

That was my point in my above post anyways. Even though I think the blog is annoying (and hateful).. it's part of our democracy and must allowed to live.

The ability to dissent is what we fight for. It's part of what freedom of speech is all about. You guys know this. First Amendment and all of that.

That was my point in my above post anyways. Even though I think the blog is annoying (and hateful).. it's part of our democracy and must allowed to live.

Liberal disagreeing = dissent

Conservative disagreeing = hateful :blink:

You guys have spent the last 8 years being hateful bastards on every single issue and now...what? You don't expect people to reciprocate? You lowered the bar across the board starting with "what did he know and when did he know it" wrt to Bush and 9/11.

I almost laughed out of my chair yesterday when those exact same words were applied to Obama and the bonus issue.

Your "team" are now reaping what you have sown, deal with it and don't you dare whine about having your own low standards applied back to you. Your team are being attacked, and owned, on your own terms, using your own rules, and I think it's hysterical. Go ahead and extend the hypocrisy. I have an hour on this boring call, and I need some entertainment.

Finally read this blog, and I have to admit, that's some pretty funny stuff. Not ha-ha funny at Obama, but the concept of personifying the teleprompter is just damn funny. His entry for the screw up with the Irish PM is priceless.

Well, last night didn't go well. What can I say? I was tired. By the time Barack and the Irish PM stood up, the President and I had already done two major policy speeches, three nomination announcements, and light dinner banter for a table of twelve. And by the way, that "ad lib" last night about Guinness? Mine.

:blink:

I get my news from multiple sources, including drudge

I assume the blog is linked from Drudge? A coworker pointed it out to me. My guess is maybe he got it off drudge?

He'd better watch out he doesn't get nailed for violation of copyright laws if he didn't properly attribute it.

hateful?? Damn, you are a whiny little B word.

Guess what? The Messiah is going to be mocked, just like Bush and Clinton before him and just like whoever is elected next. Grow a thicker skin.

hateful?? Damn, you are a whiny little B word.

Guess what? The Messiah is going to be mocked, just like Bush and Clinton before him and just like whoever is elected next. Grow a thicker skin.

No kidding. This is the FUNNY stuff that ALL PRESIDENTS From Washington through Obama got mocked for.

And it IS FUNNY. One of the funniest bits in this regard was Lettermans "Great moments in PResident speeches" that got on Bush hard for his speaking flubs. It was hyterical.

So lighten up. Its not like Obama's being accused of tacitly approving the mass murder of 3,000 of his own people or WILLFULLY ignoring the plight of a devested region of the Country that just faced a disaster.

This has quickly become one of my favorite websites.

Teleprompter is letting everyone know he wasn't responsible for the "Special Slympics" comment.

Okay, I see the bus coming right at me, so let's be clear: this was His ad lib.

And being there when Obama called the head of Special Olympics.

Yes, to those asking, I participated in the call. Michelle was there, too, glaring, like she could see right through me. My screens feel cold. So cold.

Clever shiitt.

Rut roh...

Teleprompter covering his bases again, this time hiding from a report that Obama sent a letter to Jacques Chirac telling him he is looking forward to working with this great leader of France during the next four years. Except...ummm...well, you know...

France's real President Sarkozy...not so amused.

Big Guy is really ticked about this latest embarrassment, particularly since even President George W. Bush didn't make these kinds of mistakes. He swears he's going to repair all the damage next month when he goes to the G-7 meeting in London, where he says he plans to also have a long talk with Chairman of the Supreme Soviet Mikhail Gorbachev about re-starting START talks.

:thumbdown::lol:

Rut roh...

Teleprompter covering his bases again, this time hiding from a report that Obama sent a letter to Jacques Chirac telling him he is looking forward to working with this great leader of France during the next four years. Except...ummm...well, you know...

France's real President Sarkozy...not so amused.

:thumbdown::lol:

I hate to burst your bubble, but you have been taken in, along with the rest of the wingnuts.

Obama was in fact REPLYING to a letter that Chirac sent to him. And he was referring, of course, to working with him during the next four years in terms of his Presidency...Not Chirac's.

From the Christian Science Monitor:

Obama writes letter to Chirac - blogosphere goes crazy

By Jimmy Orr | 03.23.09

Want to know how quickly rumors get spread on the Internet? Here’s a prime example.

The right side of the web is apoplectic this morning claiming that President Obama doesn’t know who the French president is.

They point to an article in the French newspaper Le Figaro reporting that President Obama last week wrote a letter to former French President Jacques Chirac.

“I am certain that we will be able to work together, in the coming four years, in a spirit of peace and friendship to build a safer world,” Obama is purported to have written.

This has electrified the Internet. Why would President Obama initiate correspondence with Mr. Chirac instead of President Nicolas Sarkozy?

One excited blogger writes, “Doesn’t Obama ever consult his staff before acting? Sarkozy is the President there! It’s like Sarko writing to George Bush and saying he looks forward to working with him. Chirac is the FORMER president.”

That’s a good heads up. But let’s dig a little deeper.

Our handy colleague, Laurent Belsie, who writes the New Economy blog here at the Monitor, speaks French. (We don’t hold that against him.)

With his help we found out that another French newspaper, the New Observer, explained that Obama was merely replying to a Chirac letter who was writing him as the head of his foundation — the Jacques Chirac Foundation for sustainable development and cultural dialogue.

The foundation is promoting access to water and medicines in west Africa, combating deforestation in the Congo Basin, and trying to save dying languages in Polynesia, according to a spokesman who helped set up the foundation.

Of course it is much more fun to write things like “Maybe President Obama’s correspondence office needs a teleprompter too!” But in fact, there doesn’t seem to be a controversy here.

Le Figaro did opine in its article that “in using the word ‘peace,’ Obama was offering an implicit homage to the former French president who had opposed the Iraq war.”

But other French news organizations confirmed with Chirac’s entourage that they believed the reference was not in regards to the Iraq war but to Chirac’s current work as head of the foundation.

Whatever. In any case, there is no evidence that the language has upset President Sarkozy or anyone else in France."

Now don't you feel stupid?

I hate to burst your bubble, but you have been taken in, along with the rest of the wingnuts.

Obama was in fact REPLYING to a letter that Chirac sent to him. And he was referring, of course, to working with him during the next four years in terms of his Presidency...Not Chirac's.

From the Christian Science Monitor:

Obama writes letter to Chirac - blogosphere goes crazy

By Jimmy Orr | 03.23.09

Want to know how quickly rumors get spread on the Internet? Here’s a prime example.

The right side of the web is apoplectic this morning claiming that President Obama doesn’t know who the French president is.

They point to an article in the French newspaper Le Figaro reporting that President Obama last week wrote a letter to former French President Jacques Chirac.

“I am certain that we will be able to work together, in the coming four years, in a spirit of peace and friendship to build a safer world,” Obama is purported to have written.

This has electrified the Internet. Why would President Obama initiate correspondence with Mr. Chirac instead of President Nicolas Sarkozy?

One excited blogger writes, “Doesn’t Obama ever consult his staff before acting? Sarkozy is the President there! It’s like Sarko writing to George Bush and saying he looks forward to working with him. Chirac is the FORMER president.”

That’s a good heads up. But let’s dig a little deeper.

Our handy colleague, Laurent Belsie, who writes the New Economy blog here at the Monitor, speaks French. (We don’t hold that against him.)

With his help we found out that another French newspaper, the New Observer, explained that Obama was merely replying to a Chirac letter who was writing him as the head of his foundation — the Jacques Chirac Foundation for sustainable development and cultural dialogue.

The foundation is promoting access to water and medicines in west Africa, combating deforestation in the Congo Basin, and trying to save dying languages in Polynesia, according to a spokesman who helped set up the foundation.

Of course it is much more fun to write things like “Maybe President Obama’s correspondence office needs a teleprompter too!” But in fact, there doesn’t seem to be a controversy here.

Le Figaro did opine in its article that “in using the word ‘peace,’ Obama was offering an implicit homage to the former French president who had opposed the Iraq war.”

But other French news organizations confirmed with Chirac’s entourage that they believed the reference was not in regards to the Iraq war but to Chirac’s current work as head of the foundation.

Whatever. In any case, there is no evidence that the language has upset President Sarkozy or anyone else in France."

Now don't you feel stupid?

It's a ficticious blog written by Obama's teleprompter. It's silly, goofy, fun, you know something you probably used to do 50 years ago when you were a teenager. Of course you'd be the one to bring in your favorite word wingnut into silly light hearted thread. Now don't you feel stupid?

It's a ficticious blog written by Obama's teleprompter. It's silly, goofy, fun, you know something you probably used to do 50 years ago when you were a teenager. Of course you'd be the one to bring in your favorite word wingnut into silly light hearted thread. Now don't you feel stupid?

God, that's funny. I mean really funny. Funny to the point of her out doing that Vietnam to checloslovakian thing a couple of years back. Must be mentalpause again............and again........and again............and again...........and again..