Is thisa true?

dib

I just heard on a WGR commercial that blue ray players are compatable with regular DVD's. I did not think they were compatable. Or, is this a new generation /brand of blue ray+

I just heard on a WGR commercial that blue ray players are compatable with regular DVD's. I did not think they were compatable. Or, is this a new generation /brand of blue ray+

Yes, very true. Got a new Blu Ray player last weekend and it played my old DVD just fine. In fact many of these players come with upconversion so if you don't already have an upconverting player, you will see a better picture no matter what video disc you play.

P.S. No 'e' in Blu

Yes, very true. Got a new Blu Ray player last weekend and it played my old DVD just fine. In fact many of these players come with upconversion so if you don't already have an upconverting player, you will see a better picture no matter what video disc you play.

P.S. No 'e' in Blu

Truth.

No that was false info put out by the HDDVD crowd to make blu-ray look bad. As the other have said, most do upcasting and really look good.

BR >>>>>>>>>>>> hddvd