Any Recommendations - Toronto Restaurants or Sights

BuffaloBill

It has been about a decade since I was last in TO so my knowledge of the city is clearly a bit stale. I'm planning on spending a weekend with my brother (April 23 -26). Do any of you have any recommendations regarding restaurants? What about "can't miss" things to do? I want to start thinking about the weekend and how we might spend it. We decided to meet there because flights into Buffalo suck both in terms of price and schedule.

It has been about a decade since I was last in TO so my knowledge of the city is clearly a bit stale. I'm planning on spending a weekend with my brother (April 23 -26). Do any of you have any recommendations regarding restaurants? What about "can't miss" things to do? I want to start thinking about the weekend and how we might spend it. We decided to meet there because flights into Buffalo suck both in terms of price and schedule.

I always enjoying walking Yonge street at night and watching the human freak show pass by ...

Kensington Market

St. Lawrence Market

Ontario Science Centre

Walking down Dundas Street from Yonge Street, you pass the Art Gallery of Ontario, most interesting if you inclinded to art, continue along Dundas and visit Toronto's Chinatown, many shops and local flavor. Further along Dundas you will come to Spadina and Toronto's Art, Garment distict, to the left along Spadina intersects with Queen Street, where are vibrant art community exists. Traveling in ther direction along Spadina you will come to Kensingston Market at Baldwin Street. Really a unique shopping area with much flavor.

Nothing like Toronto's St. Lawrence Market, particularly its Easter Market, much color and interesting things to see.

If these sort of things do not appeal to you, a day at the Ontario Science Centre just a great place for everyone.

Toronto like New York has many ethnic communities all with their own special appeal. Walking along the Danforth, which is Toronto's Greek community on a sunny spring day really special. Some excellent restaurants and clothes stores along the way.

The above are areas a family or young couple can find many interesting things and not necessarily spend a fortune doing so.

Places like the Eaton's centre while somewhat impressive, are the norm in many large cities, there is so much else to do. Places like Yorkville, very trendy and flat out expensive, interesting to walk through if for nothing else to window shop and people watch... imo

If you are able travel to Kleinburg just a short trip from Toronto and visit the

McMichael Collection a gallery that houses much of the Group of Seven's art work and other Canadian art works. A nice journey.

Be careful at night in the big city....