Another Maybin Topic

H2o

Then how come these guys are significantly stronger and faster than the 275 pounders from yesteryear?

Weo brings up some good points.

As most everyone knows, Americans are larger today than ever before and obesity affects one third of our population.

Also sports nutrition, training, and the year-round commitment made by athletes these days are factors. They make way more money and can focus on their one profession.

That being said, I agree with Dave that it'd be naive to assume that lots of NFL players are not using HGH, especially considering it's not tested for and that a reliable test for it doesn't yet exist.

One HGH affect is making the human skull larger. It would be very interesting to see a study on average helmet sizes for the last 20 years.

Hmmm, that Ryan Fitzpatrick guy has huge cranial development by the way.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt he would be taking steroids this close to the draft though. Just think about if he got caught. His career would be over before it started. I mean after all, some people have a great work ethic and are very dedicated to becoming bigger and better athletes. Let's give the guy some credit.

The NFL does not test for HGH.

he's got a high tech chemist (I mean trainer) working on making him bigger

just pass on a strong safety trying to play DE

Thanks for the link.

I absolutely agree with your assesment. If he has nothing to hide, then he should willfuly submit a drug test result to all potential NFL suitors.

That way, there is no doubt.

I would have to believe that any team would be naive to think that "juicing" himself in some sort of manner isn't a possibility. The jump in #'s are staggering. Not to mention, there were NFL analysts had him dropping in value, some suggested even into the 2nd round.

After his, what I thought to be disastrous Combine workout, there is little doubt that he had lots of motivation to better himself in his pro day work out.

he would be stupid to not be urine tested - since there is no urine test to scan for HGH. The only threat would be a blood test.

With KC, Cleveland, Seattle, Green Bay and San Fran needing a LB/Pass Rusher, if Maybin is there he can just be that guy for a year that runs around like a kamikaze on blitzes in a 4-4 alignment until he can handle mentally and physically the rigors of being an all-round DE/LB.

Andre Carter comparisons on Moving the Chains definitely aren't a bad thing for him either...

• 2 weeks later...

The more I think of Maybin, the more I don't think he's worth the 11th overall pick.

- one year wonder

- played at a light weight that won't cut it in the NFL at DE

- gained weight, but have never seen him play at a heavier weight

- might be juicing

Late first round or 2nd maybe, but not 11.

The more I think of Maybin, the more I don't think he's worth the 11th overall pick.

- one year wonder

- might be juicing

If we were picking in the 20s I'd have no issue with Maybin but agree at #11 he's a big time question mark. As will be most of the guys available with the pick we have yet have warmed up to the thought of possibly taking Michael Oher and shifting him to LG and hope he becomes another Ruben Brown. Though if we could somehow trade pick #11 to a team like Philly who could use Oher at Left OT and pick up two first day picks be more in favor of that. I'd even go as far as trade with Tampa Bay or even division rival the Jets who might be enamored for a QB like Sanchez.

http://blog.pennlive.com/bobflounders/2009..._lowers_40.html

The guy has added 25lbs of muscle to his frame. Look at the before and after photos. Wow. It almost makes you think that the guy is on "the juice".

Pure marketing (propaganda) to get his stock to rise. Take a look at the pics, the front view "after" pic was taken with him much closer to the camera making him look much bigger.

Taking a pic right after a workout can make you look even bigger and combine that with the low weight he was carrying before, it's quite easy to make it look like this guy has turned it around.

Fighters, can drop or gain 10 pounds in a day or two for weigh in, so 25 in a few months is very possible. Good job of timing it.

I don't think he'll go in the top 10, but it would be great if he did. If a team needing a 3-4 edge rusher like Cleveland or Green Bay could take him over an E. Brown or an Orakpo but he could be a major bust. Remember Vernon Gholston? Of course it's too early to call him a bust, but it certainly looks that way from here. If Maybin goes top 10 our chances of getting Brown increase immensely; if Sanchez also goes top 10 then we are more or less guaranteed Brown, or even that monster Orakpo slipping to us. Also, if Sanchez is still available at #11 we may be able to trade out of the spot and get some good value in return.

McShay(I did have Mayock here, oops) just said on ESPN that he thinks Maybin definitely moved up into the top half of the 1st round due to his pro day workout.

FWIW.

This guy scares the heck out me. The risk factor might work for other teams, but the Bills would be better off with Cushing or Mathews who could make solid contibutions from day 1.

plenty (most prolly) guys in the nfl are on juice. if our coaches see maybin as being the most disruptive pass rusher, then he is a good pick at 11.

if we can get our sack number up around 40 i think we will have a top 5-8 D and plenty more short fields and turnovers for our all of a sudden hard to stop O.

- one year wonder

- might be juicing

couldnt have said it better...we dont need a tony mandarich

- one year wonder

- might be juicing

I don't understand all this talk about him being a one year wonder. Guy was a 20 year old sophomore, how many years should he have dominated?