Marshawn Lynch

Forgive or Forget  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Do you forgive Bills RB Marshawn Lynch?

• Already did.
    • Yes, but this is the last straw.
    • Nope, he's an idiot.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have I mentioned my uncle's red pencil box, and how it relates to Marshawn Lynch sitting in a car minding his own business?

No? Hmm...maybe 'cause it has absolutely no relevance whatsover. Neither does the hit and run incident you referenced.

Is that Uncle George or Uncle Pete??

Already forgiven. Rich, young, stupid. I fell into the category of the last two at one point. :thumbsup:

Amen brutha! The thing about Lynch is he probably has the biggest heart of any of the guys on offense.

He gives everything he has on the football field and unitl T.O. was our really only superstar-talent. I really like Marshawn

and pray that he deosn't screw up again, I think he has "seen the light"...but who knows...

Amen brutha! The thing about Lynch is he probably has the biggest heart of any of the guys on offense.

He gives everything he has on the football field and unitl T.O. was our really only superstar-talent. I really like Marshawn

and pray that he deosn't screw up again, I think he has "seen the light"...but who knows...

:thumbsup: He plays/runs so hard, I just love watching him with the ball. He's a gamer, all heart.

I forgave him last year when he ran a lady over and took off from the scene, an act that anyone of us would have done jail time for. So, NO I dont forgive him, I don't give forgiveness out like candy on Halloween, especially when they don't deserve it.

good grief, the 'holier-than-thou' bunch on this board is so laughable.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

fwiw, here's marshawn's 'face-the-media-mea-culpa' -

link

the kid seems genuinely contrite, and sincere. no, i don't condone his behavior, but we've all done stupid things in the past.

19 and 0 baby!!! :w00t:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Beast Mode, baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

As long as the Bills win football games and he plays well after the suspension, I don't care. If running over Canadian girls and carrying a loaded weapon make him better, then I say keep on doing it! All I really want is for the team to make the playoffs and if it took criminal behavior to get there, I would be all for it.

On another note, for those sick of the rich athletes getting out of trouble with what appears to be slaps on the wrist, where have you been for the past two decades? Famous people in this country never get in trouble the way the rest of us do. It's all the fault of pro-business government policies, which empahsize money, cohorts, and privately/publically held non-governmental organizations over those of us citizens and our constitutionally-provided votes. Bring government back to the people and away from business!

Having a gun in your bag, in the locked truck of your car isn't the smartest thing to do, but I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who have been there and done that.

In New Mexico, and other states, too, what he did wasn't even a CRIME.

(Heck, I wasn't even mad that he bumped into that dizzy dame in the crosswalk)

good grief, the 'holier-than-thou' bunch on this board is so laughable.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

fwiw, here's marshawn's 'face-the-media-mea-culpa' -

link

the kid seems genuinely contrite, and sincere. no, i don't condone his behavior, but we've all done stupid things in the past.

19 and 0 baby!!! :(

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Beast Mode, baby!!!!! :rolleyes:

If you mean never having been busted for having an illegal loaded gun, while smoking weed less than a year after running a lady over in my expensive SUV and taking off without giving a sh-- about the law or the lady, then refusing to talk to police for weeks as being Holier than Thou, than yep thats me!

If you mean never having been busted for having an illegal loaded gun, while smoking weed less than a year after running a lady over in my expensive SUV and taking off without giving a sh-- about the law or the lady, then refusing to talk to police for weeks as being Holier than Thou, than yep thats me!

Yep, that's you. Pretty vivid imagination as well - who ever said he was "smoking weed"? Anything else you'd like to make up?

You also seem given to wild exaggeration, and possessing amazing psychic powers that let you inside Lynch's mind. :rolleyes:

Yep, that's you. Pretty vivid imagination as well - who ever said he was "smoking weed"? Anything else you'd like to make up?

You also seem given to wild exaggeration, and possessing amazing psychic powers that let you inside Lynch's mind. :rolleyes:

Reading articles on the arrest and the car smelling like pot, put two and two together. It doesn't take any imagination, much less a vivid. It is idiots like you that make this board interesting I guess. If you did everything that he did, would you still be sitting here typing on TBD? I doubt it, if so only at recess while you were in striped clothes behind bars. My guess is if you were a Carolina Panther fan, you would still be defending Rae Carruth also.

Reading articles on the arrest and the car smelling like pot, put two and two together. It doesn't take any imagination, much less a vivid. It is idiots like you that make this board interesting I guess. If you did everything that he did, would you still be sitting here typing on TBD? I doubt it, if so only at recess while you were in striped clothes behind bars. My guess is if you were a Carolina Panther fan, you would still be defending Rae Carruth also.

thanks for the personal attack, dickwad.

To say 'I forgive him' would mean I think he did something wrong by sitting in a car, minding his own business.

I'll repeat myself (again) - he said he's really sorry. Nothing more needs to be said, or done.

So it's OK to break the law as long as you are sitting in a car not drawing attention to yourself? Do you really mean that?

'Cause that's what Stallworth was trying to do too. Marshawn broke the law. Whether he was sitting in a car when he did it is almost totally irrelevant.

Nothing more needs to be said or done? So if in another week or two he gets arrested again, you won't have the slightest problem with it? He gets suspended for a season, it doesn't bother you? Seriously, I usually appreciate your posts, but I have absolutely no idea where you are coming from on this. None.

--------

No, of course I don't forgive him. Who cares what he SAYS? I know lots of people who apologize often and beautifully. Their feeling is "Hey, I apologized. Did my duty. Now everything's OK. So I'll go right back to doing whatever I feel like." They believe that when they do something wrong, the apology is all that is necessary, that they don't have to change their behavior or work hard to get back in my good graces.

I only care what he DOES. If after two or three years, he hasn't gotten in more trouble, hasn't missed more games due to NFL sanctions, hasn't put himself in bad positions, then I'll be happy to get back to trusting him.

So it's OK to break the law as long as you are sitting in a car not drawing attention to yourself? Do you really mean that?

'Cause that's what Stallworth was trying to do too. Marshawn broke the law. Whether he was sitting in a car when he did it is almost totally irrelevant.

Nothing more needs to be said or done? So if in another week or two he gets arrested again, you won't have the slightest problem with it? He gets suspended for a season, it doesn't bother you? Seriously, I usually appreciate your posts, but I have absolutely no idea where you are coming from on this. None.

--------

No, of course I don't forgive him. Who cares what he SAYS? I know lots of people who apologize often and beautifully. Their feeling is "Hey, I apologized. Did my duty. Now everything's OK. So I'll go right back to doing whatever I feel like." They believe that when they do something wrong, the apology is all that is necessary, that they don't have to change their behavior or work hard to get back in my good graces.

I only care what he DOES. If after two or three years, he hasn't gotten in more trouble, hasn't missed more games due to NFL sanctions, hasn't put himself in bad positions, then I'll be happy to get back to trusting him.

I tend to draw a distinction between a victim-less crime and vehicular homicide. Guy was sitting in a car, gun was in the trunk. It's not like he was getting ready to rob a bank or 'bust a cap' into someone. And I honestly don't care if he was smoking pot, but the facts tend to indicate that he wasn't.

Furthermore, IIRC, no charges were filed against Marshawn - or anyone, for that matter - for marijuana possession, leading me to believe that this whole thing may have been just another of the many routine DWB incidents in SoCal, LA County in particular.

As I stated, I watched his entire media 'mea-culpa' and am convinced he was contrite and sincere. JMO. Others are entitled to their own opinions, and are not necessarily 'idiots' for having them, as one douche bag implied in an earlier post.

I tend to draw a distinction between a victim-less crime and vehicular homicide. Guy was sitting in a car, gun was in the trunk. It's not like he was getting ready to rob a bank or 'bust a cap' into someone. And I honestly don't care if he was smoking pot, but the facts tend to indicate that he wasn't.

Furthermore, IIRC, no charges were filed against Marshawn - or anyone, for that matter - for marijuana possession, leading me to believe that this whole thing may have been just another of the many routine DUB incidents in SoCal, LA County in particular.

As I stated, I watched his entire media 'mea-culpa' and am convinced he was contrite and sincere. JMO. Others are entitled to their own opinions, and are not necessarily 'idiots' for having them, as one douche bag implied in an earlier post.

No one getting charged with marijuana possession is hardly proof that marijuana wasn't present or being smoked. Little amounts of pot are very often just seized and given a warning. I do think that you are correct in that this is a victimless crime and doesn't merit associating Marshawn with being a thug. At the same time why the need to defend his screwup like he's on trial for murder he didn't commit? Seriously, you are pulling out all the stops for something you already said is a non-issue in your mind. I mean really the old driving while black excuse again? How about no plates on the vehicle as a reason for an officer to inspect the situation. Oh wait, it's Cali so naturally it was two white officers (for sure), who noticed only black guys (for sure) in the car and made a move. While being blinded by the blackness in the vehicle they overlooked the no plates until later, right? Then secretly placed marijuana in the vehicle or just flat out made the whole thing up, right? C'mon Senator I know your a smart guy, Ive read your posts. Give it up, he's a kid and screwed up.

Give it a rest! He said he got the hint from Goodell, I'm sure he sees what happened to Plaxico and Pacman, his career is on the line, so if his agent has a clue, he will have him make changes! The agents meal ticket is on the line as well, so its in both there best interests!!!

No one getting charged with marijuana possession is hardly proof that marijuana wasn't present or being smoked.

Likewise, PilePusher, no charges being filed is also certainly not proof that marijuana was present or being smoked, wouldn't you agree?

I mean really the old driving while black excuse again? How about no plates on the vehicle as a reason for an officer to inspect the situation. Oh wait, it's Cali so naturally it was two white officers (for sure), who noticed only black guys (for sure) in the car and made a move. While being blinded by the blackness in the vehicle they overlooked the no plates until later, right? Then secretly placed marijuana in the vehicle or just flat out made the whole thing up, right?

Heavens no. Things like that never happen.

Give it up, he's a kid and screwed up.

Your last sentence sums up my feelings perfectly, which is why I said I accept his apology as genuinely contrite and sincere.