Marshawn Lynch press conference at 4pm

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds fair. Glad I'm not the only one who sees his ineptitude more often than not. Just a quick response in regard to Bufalo having trouble recruiting: There is some truth that it's not a sought after location for HS recruits, but look at what Siena has been able to do in Albany, NY. It goes to show if you get the right head coach who can evaluate talent and then fit that talent into the offense things only get better. Once you start making the tournament it helps recruiting tremendously as well. Had reggie not blown a 20 point 2nd half lead in the 2005 season, or had his team showed up and played this past week the teams exposure would have increased greatly. Tournament appearances make recruiting a whole lot more effective (and I'm not talking about the CBI tournament). Okay that's it for the UB talk, now on to the actual topic............

About Siena, they benefit from the "Catholic school pipeline." Reg has taken UB as far as he's going to. He's a Buffalo born-n-bred guy so I want him to succeed but sometimes you have to make a change.

PTR

I love how people can only see the negative side of things. Marshawn was coached, blah blah blah. It sounded to me that he's more serious about things than before.

this whole coached thing is misunderstood. Every single press conference (athletics, business, entertainment, etc.) is coached by marketing communications people or it's an accident waiting to happen. You anticipate the questions and formulate the answers in advance, based on the messages that the team/business/individuals/partnership want to convey.

It's just preparation, nothing more or less...

True dat. If he hadn't been "coached," then Scott Berchtold isn't doing his job. And despite the chaos that surrounds him at times, Scott's pretty good at his job.