Jests' Thomas Jones

scribo

It could get bad -- for them. He is their offense.

I was just going to say something like "he's a 30 year old running back," but you know what? You're right. He is their offense. Looks like we'll see a lot of "K. Clemens to L. Washington" screen passes.

Of course I say this and watch the Jets land Cutler. Then I'm moving to Europe and taking up watching soccer.

I was just going to say something like "he's a 30 year old running back," but you know what? You're right. He is their offense. Looks like we'll see a lot of "K. Clemens to L. Washington" screen passes.

Of course I say this and watch the Jets land Cutler. Then I'm moving to Europe and taking up watching soccer.

Not a very safe option..

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=85261

Given this alternative, you're welcome to join the safer misery here.. :lol:

the nerve of him.

wanting to get paid fairly

crazy talk

I'm glad we don't have a problem like this with a great offensive player who is unhappy with his current contract....oh wait... :lol:

I don't want to say his name because we don't need another moratorium on our left tackle.

The difference here is that Thomas Jones made $13.1 million on the first two years of this contract which is now entering the 3rd year.

Of the running backs, only Clinton Portis and Larry Johnson have made more money than Thomas Jones over the last two years. Jones has made his money, the contract was front loaded and he knew it. Now he wants to renegotiate at the age of 30?

I don't want to say his name because we don't need another moratorium on our left tackle.

The difference here is that Thomas Jones made $13.1 million on the first two years of this contract which is now entering the 3rd year.

Of the running backs, only Clinton Portis and Larry Johnson have made more money than Thomas Jones over the last two years. Jones has made his money, the contract was front loaded and he knew it. Now he wants to renegotiate at the age of 30?

Well duh, he knows he's only got 2 or 3 more years to get the money he can. He's coming off of a huge year and is kinda throwing all his eggs into one basket.

Well duh, he knows he's only got 2 or 3 more years to get the money he can. He's coming off of a huge year and is kinda throwing all his eggs into one basket.

I would think he doesn't have much of a leg to stand on.

I guess one pertinent remark is, "You can't blame a guy for trying?' Or can you?

I would think he doesn't have much of a leg to stand on.

I guess one pertinent remark is, "You can't blame a guy for trying?' Or can you?

I think that's just it. He's going to try and take a hard line early, but he won't cost himself any money if it comes down to getting fined. I don't think he's that stupid. He knows that he probably won't get as much money anywhere else right now, but he may think he'll get lucky like Coles did. Who lknows? I'd be content with his salary this year :lol:

...and Magox goes silent...finally.