Chicken Nuggets

WWVaBeach

I could see my 4th grade teacher doing this. She would make you eat half of everything on your tray, even if you didn't like it. On baked beans day, I'd beg everyone around me to take mine, so I wouldn't have to eat them.

I could see my 4th grade teacher doing this. She would make you eat half of everything on your tray, even if you didn't like it. On baked beans day, I'd beg everyone around me to take mine, so I wouldn't have to eat them.

Being Irish and all, my parents always made us drink everything. "Finish that, there are children in Africa that are sober."

I know wasting is not cool... But, taking what you need/want is more important... One won't waste.

The old archaic thinking about eating everything on a child's is just that: archaic... Afterall, it is not the child that is delving out the portion... It is the parent! :blink::unsure:

Eating habits are firmly entrenched in a child by the time they are two... Yes two!

Why do you think one there are the problems with children getting more obese now? They can't "regulate" themselves. If the one is taught early on to stop when they are full... That is half the battle. Now if they are taught to finish the plate to appease and please the guardian... The child is in for big trouble down the line years later.

And it is not like the old-times... There are so many claories out there that are easily accessed... That the way of thinking I explained above has to apply even more. There is no way in hell that a body will teach itself to regulate properly if we stick to the old notion and ideas of feeding our children... Unless we turn back the time and the ways we distrubute food. Then it wouldn't matter like it did in the past.

This is one important hope and very practical defense with obsesity in this society... And so mind-numbly easy. The guardians/parents just have to break the old-time thinking that can't apply in today's society.

No need to waste... Take what you need... And of course try things too (secondary)... And we wouldn't be have caniptions about waste and portions... Portions that the child rarely controls or is taught to control by the needs of her body. The child needs to be taught what his body needs. Scooping a big helping of mashed potatoes, a veggie and some meatloaf by the parent and saying "eat it all" is not the right path.

The old archaic thinking about eating everything on a child's is just that: archaic... Afterall, it is not the child that is delving out the portion... It is the parent! :blink::unsure:

My mother used to tell me "Clean your plate! There's kids starving in China!" When I was four, I finally asked "If they're so hungry, can't we send them this food?"

That was a pretty bad ass-whoopin'. And I was being completely sincere, too.

My mother used to tell me "Clean your plate! There's kids starving in China!" When I was four, I finally asked "If they're so hungry, can't we send them this food?"

That was a pretty bad ass-whoopin'. And I was being completely sincere, too.

:blink:

Now at 41... I am the family trash compactor... But, at least my children have a fighting chance against obesity.

This kid was being snotty, is psychotic, or was ill. The teacher didn't put them on his tray.

What rational carnivore, omnivore turns its' back on chicken nuggets?

Breading...grease...meat...salt...spices...

I was waiting for one of your classics... I knew you would take my "bait."

:(

The child phucked up (if he didn't choose the portion)... Does it still mean they still have to eat it to please the teacher? Maybe in other areas you can teach accountability... But, the child messing up with regards to choosing the wrong portion only teaches them to choose more wisely next time... If they eat the mistake, they won't learn to make the right choice next time because the body will want the bigger portion. Afterall, you are eating your mistakes and the stomach is supposedly getting fuller.

Conditoned obesity to please other is what it is and the teacher and most of society are to blame. It doesn't teach accountability the proper way because the body reacts negatively to it (ie: getting fat).

I suspect the child's portion control mechanism has been serverely hamperd early on with archaic thinking about food and portions. The child was probably at school, got full and the body said: "No mas." Then the teacher intervened in a selfish way to teach the child to eat their mistake... Literally. Now, I am not a advocate of not eating your mistakes... Just not literally eating your mistakes.

I don't expect you to understand... Carry on.

:blink::unsure: