YOU MUST PICK ONE!

The Big Cat

Double double for me with a chocolate shake, but if you've never lived in California (until 10 years or so ago SoCal) you don't know about In-N-Out.

Yes, NV, CA, and AZ the last I heard. I suppose it's the odd one out, a truly regional cuisine when others like Chick-fil-A (The South) and Mighty Taco (WNY only?). I also totally goofed including Dunkin' Donuts but not Timmy Ho's.

Double double for me with a chocolate shake, but if you've never lived in California (until 10 years or so ago SoCal) you don't know about In-N-Out.

I've had In-n-Out on my visits to CA and agree it reigns supreme among the burger joints. But I had to vote for Popeye's! 3 piece with mashed/gravy and a biscuit. Mmmmm....

How do you put one down in 7 minutes though?

You can't. At least I can't.

By the way, I was a huge barbacoa fan, until I tried carnitas--it changed my life.

I still like barbacoa, but you're right, carnitas is better. Saying it changed my life might be a little excessive, though. :lol:

I choose Jessica Alba...

If you treat that like a 7 minute meal, then you do not deserve that.

She is like a scrumptious 5 course meal with a delightful dessert ending.

Back to the poll ...

I chose Popeye's because the food is actually pretty good for fast food. However, there is only one store near me for miles. And the service is absolutely horrendous.

Not a single vote for In-N-Out???

I guess it's still too early on the West Coast.

You can't count In-N-Out. While they clearly kick the snot out of every joint you listed in your survey, given the seven minute rule, there is no way on this earth that you will receive your burger and still have time left over to eat it. Not if you walk in. Not if you drive thru.

I still like barbacoa, but you're right, carnitas is better. Saying it changed my life might be a little excessive, though. :lol:

Ha--perhaps a little excessive!! ;)

I'll tell you another tip I like to share with those new to Chipotle: pinto beans are better than black beans. Newbies always get black beans because black beans are generally better and more familiar than pinto beans-- but pinto beans in those burritos is crucial.

i always get the black beans...i may have to try the pinto's...now i am hungry

Ha--perhaps a little excessive!! :lol:

I'll tell you another tip I like to share with those new to Chipotle: pinto beans are better than black beans. Newbies always get black beans because black beans are generally better and more familiar than pinto beans-- but pinto beans in those burritos is crucial.

i always get the black beans...i may have to try the pinto's...now i am hungry

Do it--you'll love it. I begged a good friend of mine to make the black to pinto switch--and once he did, he never went back.

It took me a while to switch from barbacoa to carnitas too--but I think both are equally delicious.

You can't count In-N-Out. While they clearly kick the snot out of every joint you listed in your survey, given the seven minute rule, there is no way on this earth that you will receive your burger and still have time left over to eat it. Not if you walk in. Not if you drive thru.

I agree with you 100%. For those who have never eaten there i strongly suggest you do so at least once in your life if you're ever in the CA, NV, or AZ areas. Every single In-N-Out's drive-thru and walk-in is ALWAYS busy. It's the only place i know that has employees standing outside to take your order before you pull up to the drive thru menu board (lots of locations have two drive thru's). The menu is small, it consists of burgers, fries, sodas, and shakes. Their burgers are so good that once you try it the first time McDonalds, Burger King, and all of the other burger joints becomes an after thought. Most people like to order the double-double combo but i prefer the triple-triple combo (you can ask for as many patties as you like there) ''animal style''(grilled onions) with fries and a Coke.

Those are good burgers, Walter.

I agree with you 100%. For those who have never eaten there i strongly suggest you do so at least once in your life if you're ever in the CA, NV, or AZ areas. Every single In-N-Out's drive-thru and walk-in is ALWAYS busy. It's the only place i know that has employees standing outside to take your order before you pull up to the drive thru menu board (lots of locations have two drive thru's). The menu is small, it consists of burgers, fries, sodas, and shakes. Their burgers are so good that once you try it the first time McDonalds, Burger King, and all of the other burger joints becomes an after thought. Most people like to order the double-double combo but i prefer the triple-triple combo (you can ask for as many patties as you like there) ''animal style''(grilled onions) with fries and a Coke.

Prior to our first water polo trip to LA in college, all the west coast guys raved to no end about In-n-Out. I thought FOR SURE that the burgers would fail to live up to the hype. ASTONISHINGLY, I was wrong.

Not a single vote for In-N-Out???

I guess it's still too early on the West Coast.

Probably not going to get your meal, at In-N-Out, let alone have time to eat it, if you only have 7 minutes, and there is a line.

Your criteria limits real choices to places that have no line, and don't cook food to order.

Probably not going to get your meal, at In-N-Out, let alone have time to eat it, if you only have 7 minutes, and there is a line.

Your criteria limits real choices to places that have no line, and don't cook food to order.

I put the "you have seven minutes to eat" part in to justify why one would HAVE to eat fast food. Since it's now been the subject of scrutiny, I removed it as a criterion. SHEESH!