Steely Dan

What's Your Favorite Channel?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. The channel I watch most is...

• ABC
    • CBS
    • FOX
    • NBC
    • Other - must say which and why please.

NBC Ranks Fourth

NEW YORK — A big challenge of being a fourth-place network is getting the attention of viewers even when you have something new or intriguing, as NBC learned last week.

Two shows that premiered on the network barely moved the Nielsen Media Research needle, most notably "Kings." The ambitious two-hour opener of the modern-day tale of David & Goliath, starring Ian McShane, was seen by only 6.1 million viewers last week.

I guess I'm showing my age but man o'man how times have changed.

****Please don't turn this into a political thread about the news channels. This is about the shows on the networks.*****

Thanks!!

I love TRU TV for Forensic Files and other mystery type stuff. I also like Discovery for Mythbusters and their shows like Cold Case Files and FBI Files and UFO stuff. History is great for Ice Road Truckers, Modern Marvels, Wild West Tech, Universe and How The Earth Was Made and UFO stuff.

I never really watch the big four networks any more. I watch Family Guy, The Apprentice, The Late Show With David Letterman and really right now that's all I can think of from them. If I had to choose only one channel to watch for the rest of my life I'd say the History Channel right now.

ESPN is my most watched by far. Next would be some cable networks like History,Discovery,Big Ten and National Geographic. I don't care for sit-coms or political crap,so I watch very little of the major networks or news channels.

Hmm... I guess I'm the only one that likes NBC's primetime programming. This is what I usually watch every weeknight:

M: Big Bang Theory (CBS)

T: L&O: SVU (NBC)

W: L&O (NBC)

Th: The Office (NBC), 30 Rock (NBC), Hell's Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares (Fox)

F: Monk/Psych (USA, which is owned by NBC)

I don't agree with their political takes on news, but I kinda like what they have to offer from a programming perspective. I don't watch ABC at all anymore...

Hmm... I guess I'm the only one that likes NBC's primetime programming. This is what I usually watch every weeknight:

M: Big Bang Theory (CBS)

T: L&O: SVU (NBC)

W: L&O (NBC)

Th: The Office (NBC), 30 Rock (NBC), Hell's Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares (Fox)

F: Monk/Psych (USA, which is owned by NBC)

I don't agree with their political takes on news, but I kinda like what they have to offer from a programming perspective. I don't watch ABC at all anymore...

Wow! I can't think of any ABC shows I watch either. I like 20/20 but the guide on my TV never has a synopsis like Dateline, 60 Minutes or 48 hours has. They also don't have a 20/20 email that tells you what is on that week and so I very rarely watch it and that's only when I happen to stumble upon a topic I'm interested in. IMO, it's a really stupid way to run a railroad as they say.

M-Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, 2 and a Half Men, Rules of Engagement (If you haven't watched it give it a shot...hilarious)

T-American Idol

W-New Adventures of Old Christine, Gary Unmarried (flick to Idol Results)

T-Survivor

F-TV sucks so I just go Drinking :devil:

S-Cops, America's Most Wanted

S-TV sucks since The Wire and Sopranos ended EDIT- I do like to watch Iron Chef America (Still think Cat Cora is hot even though she's gay)

Not a very exciting nightly routine!

Ahhh, FOX. Seems like just yesterday you were trotting out "World's Scariest Police Chases" and "When Good Pets Go Bad" to scrounge up viewers. I kind of miss those shows.

Anyone here watch Homeland Security? We checked it out this year thinking it would be corny, and it is a little, but I'm become hooked. A good balance of cheesiness and actual info. And Buffalo gets a regular appearance for border patrol stuff.

Thanks to DVR, I've lost all concept of what show are on what days and what channels.

M - 24!

T - Bizarre Foods (I like it for the culture, not the animal balls)

W - Man vs Food (my new favorite show)

Th - Survivor (haven't missed an episode since '02)

F - The Soup (funniest show on tv)

Sprinkled in there is lots of Seinfeld, Espn, and other Travel Channel shows.

I've never really thought about it by network, but here we go:

NBC: My Name is Earl, The Office, 30 Rock, the occasional episode of Law & Order and SVU

ABC: Scrubs

CBS: only Letterman, but rarely

FOX: 24, the Simpsons, House

Anything else is from random cable channels (especially Monk and Psych, like sullim mentioned). I've always been amazed that CBS gets the most viewers since I can't remember watching a single show on that channel other than Letterman or football over the past 15 years. It looks like I watch more shows from NBC than any of the other networks, more proof to the fact that people in this country have no idea what they're doing.

Other:

I tend to watch

Discovery

Dirty Jobs

Mythbusters

Spike

UFC

DEA

Real Vice Cops

ESPN

Now my wife on the other hand watches

NBC

Big Bang Theory

How I met your Mother

CBS

Two and a Half Men

The David Spade show that comes on after that

CSI - all :lol:

Gray's Anatomy ;):sick:

The Gray's Anatomy Spinoff :sick: :sick:

ABC

Dancing with the Stars :sick: :sick:

FOX

Bones? :sick: :sick:

I don't understand how I possibly had to convince her to get a new TV a couple of years ago. She apparently watches way more of it that I do. :(

M - 24. If it's not on I'll watch college basketball or baseball or football, depending on the season.

Tu - Family Guy marathon on TBS.

W - sports programming

Th - The Office, 30 Rock

F - out most Friday nights.

Sat - are you kidding? Have you seen Saturday night network lineups over the last few years?

Sun -The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Family Guy

I am a Food Network junkie, however. And I thought I was the only one here who knew Cat Cora was a lesbian. :lol:

Mostly Discovery, HBO, and USA

Everything else is just here and there.

Some of the shows I do make time for:

Burn Notice

The Deadliest Catch

True Blood (when it was on)

I don't watch much tv anymore. The only shows I Tivo are on the USA Network.

Psych, Monk and Burn Notice. Also, Dexter is a must watch.

I use my Xbox 360 more than I watch tv shows. Call of Duty 4, Fallout 3, Halo 3 etc.