Edwards staying put

Fingon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao...this article means nothing...do you honestly think anyone in the Bills organization would say anything other than Trent is staying put at this point? I mean come on...

Just to further illustrate that you cant put too much stock into this...there was an article on here yesterday suggesing we were "feverishly trying to get Cutler"...so which is it?

Truth is, NO ONE but the Bills FO knows their intentions...and if there was literally ZERO interest, they would pubicly say so to spare Trent any concern and put their support behind our young QB...but they havent...that alone tells me that no one article saying we are interested or not interested can be taken too seriously...

Sal's relative is in the Bills FO. Any talk about Cutler is baseless speculation.

please link me the source the Bills "feverishly trying to get Cutler". At least with T.O. there were reports of the Bills being interested and him visiting.

3. Cutler's agent hasn't been given permission to talk with anyone about him yet.

if what I'm reading is correct, Cutler's agent is free to talk to whomever he wants. It's the other teams that can't initiate the contact with a player under contract.

Q. What is the NFL’s definition of tampering?

A. The term tampering, as used within the National Football League, refers to any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissably induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL.

SO WHAT if he broke one story? I have a friend who is dating someone whose father high up in the Bills organization, that doesn't mean I expect him to break every new story that involves free agents or trades and be 100% accurate all the time. If you think some Sal guy who operates his own website and breaks Bills rumors from word of mouth of his relatives in the organization is always going to be spot on, you're nuts.

So uh... what do you have that states the Bills are making a move for Cutler? (beyond your own wish to have him?)

This guy has earned the right to be taken for his word.

if what I'm reading is correct, Cutler's agent is free to talk to whomever he wants. It's the other teams that can't initiate the contact with a player under contract.

per Tim Graham

I wish I had something on this for you, but the best I can do is speculate Cook has been given permission to see if he can strike a deal for Scheffler.

Keep in mind, both Cutler and Scheffler are under contract. Cook can't just come to Orchard Park and make a deal like Drew Rosenhaus did for Terrell Owens. The only power Cook has to move his players is whatever power the Broncos give him. Even then, the Broncos can veto whatever proposition Cook comes up with.

The Cutler story is so fresh, I'd find it hard to believe in the past 48 hours the Broncos have given Cook permission to seek trade partners and he's already touring the 31 teams. I'm guessing Cook's trip to Orchard Park had been planned for a while.

again, this rumor is baseless.

1. The Bills are fully committed to Edwards... they signed T.O. to aid in his development.

2. They would have to have traded Edwards and a pick for Cutler.

3. Cutler's agent hasn't been given permission to talk with anyone about him yet.

4. No media outlet has even reported any interest on the Bills part.

etc...

All these reasons make it an unlikely rumor.

1. How do you know that was their motive to make a play to sign Owens?

2. So?

3. Cutler has publicly demanded a trade, and he and his parents have both sold their Denver-area homes. You don't think that teams across the league have taken notice of this and that multiple teams, including possibly the Bills, have inquired about making a deal?

4. How many media outlets were reporting Bills interest in T.O. in the days leading up to the signing?

I would believe Sal, one of his relatives is high up in the organization, and he broke the T.O. story.

LOL, thats your reason? Ok, so lets look at that. Why would his relative leak to Sal that Buffalo wants Cutler which would totally screw up our locker room if we then dont get Cutler? Dont you think the Bills would know who leaked it if Sal is his relative? Would leaking that be worth their job? Come on, use some common sense.

For one, no one not involved in the final decision is going to know anything about it because of the sensitive nature. The Bills always keep things a secret, we couldn't even get an answer about DJ’s contract. We are great at keeping info under raps.

Last I checked, Sal isn't related to Wilson, DJ, Modrak, or Brandon...they are the only 4 that I would credit with knowledge of our true intentions. Even if the Bills do want Cutler, the Bills will continue to stand behind Trent because he is our guy until someone else arrives.

Cutler rumor = over

Nonsense. Nothing's over 'til we say it's over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Sal left himself plenty of wiggle-room in case he's wrong - certainly enough to keep the Cutler-talk alive. Cook could easily be here negotiating a trade for both Scheffler and Cutler. In fact, I think that's what he's doing - McCargo, Edwards, a 5th-round pick plus one of the two first-round picks (#28) we're getting from Philly (in the Peters trade) - for Cutler, Scheffler, and Denver's 2nd round pick (#44).

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :lol::flirt:

1. How do you know that was their motive to make a play to sign Owens?

2. So?

3. Cutler has publicly demanded a trade, and he and his parents have both sold their Denver-area homes. You don't think that teams across the league have taken notice of this and that multiple teams, including possibly the Bills, have inquired about making a deal?

4. How many media outlets were reporting Bills interest in T.O. in the days leading up to the signing?

quite a few reported that we were interested.

Again, show me SOMETHING that says the Bills are making a play for Cutler.

LOL, thats your reason? Ok, so lets look at that. Why would his relative leak to Sal that Buffalo wants Cutler which would totally screw up our locker room if we then dont get Cutler? Dont you think the Bills would know who leaked it if Sal is his relative? Would leaking that be worth their job? Come on, use some common sense.

For one, no one not involved in the final decision is going to know anything about it because of the sensitive nature. The Bills always keep things a secret, we couldn't even get an answer about DJ’s contract. We are great at keeping info under raps.

Last I checked, Sal isn't related to Wilson, DJ, Modrak, or Brandon...they are the only 4 that I would credit with knowledge of our true intentions. Even if the Bills do want Cutler, the Bills will continue to stand behind Trent because he is our guy until someone else arrives.

So you have no legit info? At least this is a source. I would trust this over rumors drummed up by message board posters.

quite a few reported that we were interested.

Again, show me SOMETHING that says the Bills are making a play for Cutler.

There hasn't been any hard evidence of them making a play for Cutler yet, just like their hasn't been any hard evidence of them undoubtedly not making a play for him. Unless your going to put all your eggs in cousins Sal's basket and end any sensible speculation that could make us a match for Cutler.

There hasn't been any hard evidence of them making a play for Cutler yet, just like their hasn't been any hard evidence of them undoubtedly not making a play for him. Unless your going to put all your eggs in cousins Sal's basket and end any sensible speculation that could make us a match for Cutler.

There may be no hard evidence, but there is infinitely more legit information that says they are not looking to get cutler.

1. The Bills are fully committed to Edwards... they signed T.O. to aid in his development.

2. They would have to have traded Edwards and a pick for Cutler.

4. No media outlet has even reported any interest on the Bills part.

etc...

All these reasons make it an unlikely rumor.

1. They signed T.O. to score points.

2. A pick and Edwards is fair...and still upgrades us on offense.

3. You have no idea if his agent has permission or not. The only people who know that are Cook and the Broncos. And neither has specifically said one way or the other.

4. First off...it has been speculated in some media sources...two, the Bills are not going to show their hand on this one until something gets done. They dont want to rattle Trent in case a trade doesn't happen and duplicate whats going on in Denver…

Man, you are desperate to kill this story and you dont even make sense anymore...

Oh, and T.O. was a different story...he wasnt coming in via trade for a key player...he was a FA...so there is no risk in the public knowing of our interest. With Edwards, they have to consider his psyche if word leaks, so it will be a tight ship until Cutler is either traded here, somewhere else, or the FO comes out and puts an end to the rumors.

So you have no legit info? At least this is a source. I would trust this over rumors drummed up by message board posters.

If you trust hear say from him, as if his relative would actually have any real insight in such a delicate matter, then you are a fool...

If you trust hear say from him, as if his relative would actually have any real insight in such a delicate matter, then you are a fool...

So are the Bills trading Jason Peters to the Eagles? You seem to be able to predict trades.

Just to further show how unreliable all these reports are...there are separate reports declaring the Vikings have interest in Cutler and the Vikings dont want Cutler. Same for the Jets...so anyone who puts their stock into one rumor mill report or another is just foolish.

I am not claiming we have interest, but until there is concrete proof that we dont, then I am not going to rule it out.

Again, it’s a real simple fix...but the FO is remaining silent on it, even knowing that Cook being here is going to raise questions...that says a lot more to me than some relative of Sals that isn't involved in the sensitive talks claiming we dont.