Newest rumor-Scheffler a Bill?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the Bills pick up a player that has never been injured, they won't ever have to worry about that player ever getting injured? And anyone who has been injured in the past, will be injured frequently? Sorry man, but that's just ridiculous logic. You just can't be afraid of injuries in this league, they will happen....

Not what I said. Injuries can happen to just about anyone, they just happen to Trent EVERY year and Scheffler has missed 13% of his pro career due to injury.

they mentioned steve johnson as possibily being part of the trade.

McFatgo...yes

Low round picks...yes

Stevie J....PLEASE DON'T TRADE him.

ohh i hope not, i would rather throw 'Scoe overboard. he has had a chance to show what he can do and has not yet taken advantage of it. i am curious to see what stevie can do if given a shot

Because they will happen the focus needs to be not in a fruitless attempt to get a player with no history of injury but in avoiding players who are "injury prone" (which I define as a player losing PT to injuries to different parts of his body 3 times in two seasons) and by having a reasonable plan B for when that player gets injured.

Thus, I am more interested not simply in how many games Sheffler missed last year, but in how many he has missed in two years and if it was due to differing injuries.

The irony for the Bills is that by my definition, Edwards is actually injury prone having missed PT (a game or more) these last two seasons for a wrist ouchee, a concussion, and a joint issue. This may not be a reason to simply cut him lose, but is clearly a reason to emphasize having a credible plan B. We will see if Fitzpatrick is that.

As far as particulars for Sheffler, I think the Bills TE problem is that if we are going to rely heavily on a pass catching TE, I have hopes for Fine but he still in his injury plagued rookie season has not shown me enough yet to make me feel comfortable about him as a plan B.

Not what I said. Injuries can happen to just about anyone, they just happen to Trent EVERY year and Scheffler has missed 13% of his pro career due to injury.

Yeah, I deleted my post. It just doesn't make sense debating injuries. They can happen to anyone, history of injury or not...

Yeah, I deleted my post. It just doesn't make sense debating injuries. They can happen to anyone, history of injury or not...

For our sake let's hope that Trent and Scheffler (if we sign him) can stay healthy for the remainder of their careers. :lol:

People are calling this rumor BS.

which people?

I'm wondering why this hasn't been posted on any of the other football websites if it is true? If this happened, it should have been reported by now, I would imagine.

Because they will happen the focus needs to be not in a fruitless attempt to get a player with no history of injury but in avoiding players who are "injury prone" (which I define as a player losing PT to injuries to different parts of his body 3 times in two seasons) and by having a reasonable plan B for when that player gets injured.

Thus, I am more interested not simply in how many games Sheffler missed last year, but in how many he has missed in two years and if it was due to differing injuries.

The irony for the Bills is that by my definition, Edwards is actually injury prone having missed PT (a game or more) these last two seasons for a wrist ouchee, a concussion, and a joint issue. This may not be a reason to simply cut him lose, but is clearly a reason to emphasize having a credible plan B. We will see if Fitzpatrick is that.

As far as particulars for Sheffler, I think the Bills TE problem is that if we are going to rely heavily on a pass catching TE, I have hopes for Fine but he still in his injury plagued rookie season has not shown me enough yet to make me feel comfortable about him as a plan B.

Last year Scheffler missed three games due to a groin injury that was it!

Dont forget edwards has been mentioned to have a fatiqued throwing soldier that almost needed surgery at season end!

Last year Scheffler missed three games due to a groin injury that was it!

Dont forget edwards has been mentioned to have a fatiqued throwing soldier that almost needed surgery at season end!

He also missed 3 in 2006.