Let's put rumors to rest... We need you Tim Graham!

Fingon

Even before the decade, how much did we really employ the TE position for offense? I do agree that we should and will be more aggressive with our TEs, especially now that we amped the offense with the TO signing, but now we only need a TE to be a competent threat, not a primary target. If people are expecting us and this offense to suddenly make the TE a primary focus, like Dustin Keller of the Jets is going to be, then I think that they are going to be disappointed.

Its just providing another weapon for Trent Edwards, and making things that much easier on him. Scheffler is well worth a 3rd round pick, IMO. Yet another dangerous player that defenses need to account for.

Its just providing another weapon for Trent Edwards, and making things that much easier on him. Scheffler is well worth a 3rd round pick, IMO. Yet another dangerous player that defenses need to account for.

I agree but I think that we could also either draft our own pass catching TE for less money and for a comparable pick. I'd like to see us use aour 3rd rd pick for a bigger need, like on defense and then use our 4th for the TE position, regardless if it's Scheffler or in the draft.