GO BIG RED

The Senator

OOPIE DOOPIE! ;)

After dropping the series opener to Rensselaer, Cornell's men's hockey team took the next 2 games against the Engineers, eliminating RPI in the best of 3 series. Cornell now advances to the ECAC semifinals against Princeton this weekend in Albany.

Link

Meanwhile, the Big Red hoops team is headed to the big dance, playing #3-seed Missouri this Friday in Boise.

GO BIG RED!!!!!

OOPIE DOOPIE! :beer:

After dropping the series opener to Rensselaer, Cornell's men's hockey team took the next 2 games against the Engineers, eliminating RPI in the best of 3 series. Cornell now advances to the ECAC semifinals against Princeton this weekend in Albany.

Link

Meanwhile, the Big Red hoops team is headed to the big dance, playing #3-seed Missouri this Friday in Boise.

GO BIG RED!!!!!

Senator - were you part of that "awful smell far above the Cayuga waters?" This was always a fun time of year in Ithaca. Glad to know the Big Red hockey machine is alive and well.

Boo. I was really hoping for an RPI upset- it would've been the story of the year.

So was I. I got my CS undergrad from RPI and my masters from Cornell. Having seen the personalities of students from both schools firsthand, I'm far prouder to call myself an Engineer than a Cornellian.

Senator - were you part of that "awful smell far above the Cayuga waters?" This was always a fun time of year in Ithaca. Glad to know the Big Red hockey machine is alive and well.

Well, the house I lived in did smell pretty awful.

(Stale beer starts to smell like vomit after a while, or maybe it was the vomit. :beer:)

Senator Blutarski

Cornell University

Arts & Sciences, '81.

Boo. I was really hoping for an RPI upset- it would've been the story of the year.

Story of the year? A nice upset, but Cornell hasn't exactly been playing all that well lately. If they can somehow get past Princeton, they're going to have serious trouble with Yale.

And shouldn't you be talking about a certain team playing for their season on friday? That's going to be a fun game, as usual. I just picked up my tickets today and they're some amazing seats.

Hey Senator, just out of curiousity, do you follow the hockey team closely at all? I'm kind of curious about where people go for ECAC news, other than a site like elynah.

Story of the year? A nice upset, but Cornell hasn't exactly been playing all that well lately. If they can somehow get past Princeton, they're going to have serious trouble with Yale.

And shouldn't you be talking about a certain team playing for their season on friday? That's going to be a fun game, as usual. I just picked up my tickets today and they're some amazing seats.

Hey Senator, just out of curiousity, do you follow the hockey team closely at all? I'm kind of curious about where people go for ECAC news, other than a site like elynah.

Absolutely - I always follow the hockey, lacrosse, and football programs, and have jumped on the bandwagon now that the men's hoops team is competitive. And you're right - Cornell started the season stong, ranked as high as 4 or 5 nationally, but struggled the last half of the season.

I wish I could get to more games, but Lynah Rink is a little too far (and too sold out) to make the trek on a week night. Was bummed that the Cornell-Canisius game was in Ithaca, likewise with the Cornell-Niagara games a couple of years ago - would have a much better chance of scoring tix for a game here in WNY than at CU.

Here are some sites for you...

Cornell Athletics

ECAC Hockey

College Hockey

Screw BU, Harvard too...

GO BIG RED!!!!!

Doesn't Yale have to play someone first? Don't look past St. Lawrence, they have a very hot goalie and are playing very well at the right time. GO SAINTS!!!!

Doesn't Yale have to play someone first? Don't look past St. Lawrence, they have a very hot goalie and are playing very well at the right time. GO SAINTS!!!!

No doubt, I just think very highly of Yale. I haven't been all that impressed the the few times I saw SLUT, but it has been over a month since I last watched them.

Senator, I asked because I have a friend who covers the ECAC. I was curious to see if his name would come up at all. It didn't, which is a good thing. He doesn't need the ego boost.

Well, RPI advancing would've been story of the year in the ECAC, at least. RPI is my #2 college hockey team- I've been going to RPI games since I was 5 years old, so I was really hoping to get to see them this weekend in Albany- I've gone to the ECAC finals every year they've had them in Albany, except for my 5 years in Boston, when I never missed a HE tourney.

Yale looks like the best team in the ECAC, but I liked what I saw out of Princeton when they played Northeastern back in November- regardless, should be a great finish to the ECAC tourney, some really strong teams.

And yes, Friday's renewal of the rivalry is squarely in the forefront of my mind. It's going to take the game of Muse's life to advance past BU, who look like world-beaters this year. They just toyed with Maine in that last game. I'm anxious as all hell, because BC needs to win the HE tournament to get into the NCAA tourney. BC plays it's best hockey year in and year out in March, so I do think there is some hope; and they have the talent, but they've had that all year and it's only coming together now. Well, anyway, there will be no bigger test than BU, so we'll see if this little run BC's been having is for real or just a last minute tease. Enjoy the game, I'm sure it's going to be a madhouse.

Well, RPI advancing would've been story of the year in the ECAC, at least. RPI is my #2 college hockey team- I've been going to RPI games since I was 5 years old, so I was really hoping to get to see them this weekend in Albany- I've gone to the ECAC finals every year they've had them in Albany, except for my 5 years in Boston, when I never missed a HE tourney.

Yale looks like the best team in the ECAC, but I liked what I saw out of Princeton when they played Northeastern back in November- regardless, should be a great finish to the ECAC tourney, some really strong teams.

And yes, Friday's renewal of the rivalry is squarely in the forefront of my mind. It's going to take the game of Muse's life to advance past BU, who look like world-beaters this year. They just toyed with Maine in that last game. I'm anxious as all hell, because BC needs to win the HE tournament to get into the NCAA tourney. BC plays it's best hockey year in and year out in March, so I do think there is some hope; and they have the talent, but they've had that all year and it's only coming together now. Well, anyway, there will be no bigger test than BU, so we'll see if this little run BC's been having is for real or just a last minute tease. Enjoy the game, I'm sure it's going to be a madhouse.

I'll be cheering for my Jesuit friends as well.

As we say in Ithaca...

Screw BU, Harvard too!

GO EAGLES!!!

Well, the house I lived in did smell pretty awful.

(Stale beer starts to smell like vomit after a while, or maybe it was the vomit. :lol:)

Senator Blutarski

Cornell University

Arts & Sciences, '81.

Seven years of college down the drain.

I'll be cheering for my Jesuit friends as well.

As we say in Ithaca...

Screw BU, Harvard too!

GO EAGLES!!!

All right! We need all the help we can get! I may adopt that little cheer myself, all we have is "sucks to BU!"....

I just hope I'll be able to walk straight by the time the game starts. :lol:

I like it, shrader.

All right! We need all the help we can get! I may adopt that little cheer myself, all we have is "sucks to BU!"....

I'm so sick of the word "sucks" being used in ever single college hockey chant. It's so played out and uncreative. I'd even go as far as to say that the majority of the chants are anti-opposing team instead of being pro-home team. I've never understood that.

But anyway, I do get a good laugh out of the fact that Cornell still mentions BU even though they really haven't played us all that much in a long time (Red Hot Hockey 2 at MSG this year though :lol: ).