Cutler's agent (Bus Cook) in town

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the top of "The Sports Insiders" on WECK, Allen Wilson quickly shifted the focus to Scheffler or someone else Cook represents, saying, "Trent Edwards is the Bills' guy."

Then, he reminded host Joe Major that Cook also represents Brett Favre. :beer:

Bus cook is also the agent for Tony Schefler. We don't have a starting TE so maybe that is what's going on. Trent is loved by the top guys, he ain't going anywhere.

Agree Trent should stay. He has a backup arm, a backup level of self confidence and a backup contract. Cutler has a starter's arm, starter's self confidence and gets a starter's paycheck.

Agree Trent should stay. He has a backup arm, a backup level of self confidence and a backup contract. Cutler has a starter's arm, starter's self confidence and gets a starter's paycheck.

soooo Trent > Cutler right? :beer:

Is there any talk of this still on the radio?

alan wilson on 1230 just now said if cook is in town its probably for schaffler but then threw in the cutler aspect as speculation.

i didnt catch if he is actually in buffalo or rumor has it.

why would he have to be in buffalo if he is? there are phones none of this makes sense. i guess what has to be verified is if cook is actually in buffalo.

At the top of "The Sports Insiders" on WECK, Allen Wilson quickly shifted the focus to Scheffler or someone else Cook represents, saying, "Trent Edwards is the Bills' guy."

Then, he reminded host Joe Major that Cook also represents Brett Favre. :beer:

We need Tim to explain something I think. Unless this was in the advanced stages, it seems hard to believe that Cook would fly to Buffalo for a face to face sit down. In other words, I would have to believe that a deal was agreed upon in principle as far as the teams go, and Cook is in town to renegotiate the new contract for his client, or the deal falls through. I don't think (but I am not actually sure) that an agent would go to a city to just inquire about how much a team would be willing to give up for one of his clients. That's not even his job, although I guess its feasible that if he can't strike a deal with the Bills for his client, there is no reason to discuss the trade. The point is, in this chicken or egg argument, I think a deal has probably been close to made, and Cook is here to see if he can get terms for his client that they both would sign off on.

It could well be Scheffler, I doubt very much it's "seriously" about Cutler (although I'm sure Cook is trying to drum up as much pub as he can to use it against the Broncos to get Cutler a huge new deal with them. It could be about Lucas, although I doubt it as we have four CBs we're pretty happy with. It could be a low level FA we don't even care about to be signed as a back-up.

My personal opinion, knowing nothing, is that the Bills are seriously trying to trade for Scheffler, and Cook is using this face to face meeting as leverage against the Broncos for Cutler.

We need Tim to explain something I think. Unless this was in the advanced stages, it seems hard to believe that Cook would fly to Buffalo for a face to face sit down. In other words, I would have to believe that a deal was agreed upon in principle as far as the teams go, and Cook is in town to renegotiate the new contract for his client, or the deal falls through. I don't think (but I am not actually sure) that an agent would go to a city to just inquire about how much a team would be willing to give up for one of his clients. That's not even his job, although I guess its feasible that if he can't strike a deal with the Bills for his client, there is no reason to discuss the trade. The point is, in this chicken or egg argument, I think a deal has probably been close to made, and Cook is here to see if he can get terms for his client that they both would sign off on.

It could well be Scheffler, I doubt very much it's "seriously" about Cutler (although I'm sure Cook is trying to drum up as much pub as he can to use it against the Broncos to get Cutler a huge new deal with them. It could be about Lucas, although I doubt it as we have four CBs we're pretty happy with. It could be a low level FA we don't even care about to be signed as a back-up.

My personal opinion, knowing nothing, is that the Bills are seriously trying to trade for Scheffler, and Cook is using this face to face meeting as leverage against the Broncos for Cutler.

i have to believe it has to do with scheffler and if he is actually in town it means the trade has been agreed upon in regards to compensation but he wants a new deal for scheffler. Interesting!

If anything, it is probably Scheffler.

Thing is, we'll probably never know. I'm sure we would all

be surprised at the deals that are discussed, and almost made,

by NFL GM's that never materialize.

If this was the case, I'd wonder why Cook would keep it all so hush hush. Why not tell Chris Mortenson that he (Cook) spent the day in Buffalo, and get it on the ESPN Bottom Line, for example? The idea is to get as much interest in Cutler as you can...making it public and putting more attention on the issue can only help his cause.

I don`t think he`s in town about Cutler since he has not gotten permission to talk TRADE about Cutler from the Bronc`s. Just saw this on the NFL Network with Mike Lombardi. Must be Tony Time. Whew ,I didn`t want that whinny beech. :beer:

Good point. It didn't even occur to me that the Bills could not talk to Cutler or his agent.