Negril Jamaica

Stl Bills

I just got back from Jamaica on Saturday and it was beautiful. We didn't stay in Negril, however. We stayed about a half an hour East of there in a town called Lucea at a resort called the Grand Palladium.

We went into Negril and went to Rick's and we had our cabbie stop by the more unconventional and less traveled bars there. Rick's is a great bar. Best place to watch the sunset on the island. I would also recommend eating the jerk chicken at the little shanties on the side of the road. It wouldn't pass a restaurant inspection here in the states, but the food is damn good.

The people of Jamaica were extremely friendly too. Very accommodating in every way. Prepare to be solicited for drugs everywhere you go though. That is the way they make their money; drugs and tourism.

Did Negril freshman year spring break. We stayed at Errol's Sunset Cafe. Kind of a dump, but the man can cook. Definitely make your way down there one day and grab lunch and a few Red Stripes.

Rick's is tight...beyond that, the whole week was a blur. I mean, we did the whole all-inclusive bracelet deal and hit up a different bar every night...standard deal. It was definitely one the most fun weeks of my life but I'd imagine it's a lot different in May than it is during spring break season. When SB is in full-tilt, it's a pretty wild place. I think you'd enjoy it a lot more about 3-4 years ago and sans girlfriend.

Watch your step. I know its cliche, but we got some shtt stolen from our room (despite having the door locked 99% of the time). We almost got into some sht too. We got a cab to take us to Rick's to go cliff diving and all of sudden we realize we've been driving for like 20 minutes. So we ask the dude what's up and he says he wants to give us a "insider tour" of Jamaica and that there is a better place to go cliff diving than Rick's. We start arguing with him and he gets all pissed off and starts muttering to himself how he will fck us up. So he drives us like 45 minutes inland to his shanty house and tells us to get out. There are MFs cutting up meat with machetes all around us and he tells us he's "not gonna let some rich white kids play him for a fool" and that if we don't pay him "he'll cut us up and leave us there to die." We were like woah crazy man, what do you even want? He just wanted 10 bucks from each of us. :worthy: Jesus Christ. So long story short, we paid him and then he acted like nothing had ever happened and cheerfully drove us to the "better cliffs" which ended up sucking. Then he drove us back. We told our resort people about it and they said they'd have him arrested if he came back. !@#$in surreal day.

So anyway, sht can get a little crazy. But it's a blast. :beer:

I go to a different resort along 7 mile beach (Negril). But have now gone 3 years in a row and just LOVE it. I usually only go into town for some souvineer shopping and always negotiate with the taxi driver in advance.

If your resort has a catamaran trip to Ricks I can highly recommend it. Especially a sunset cruise - the water down there is beautiful.