Happy birthday - LancasterSteve(60)

mead107

All the best wishes to Steve who is such a great guy, somtimes when I am around him I feel like I have just done something awful.

Hope to see ya in the fall Steve!!!

I think we all feel that way, Steve is probably one of the easiest people to talk to and makes everyone feel welcome, Happy B day Steve!

Thanks to all for the kind words on my birthday. Four more minutes after I arrived on this earth and my Mom and Dad were set to name me Patrick or Patrica, but beat the clock and became Steve Jr.; and I am a quarter Irish!

I am a lucky guy to have met and become such good friends with so many people thru TBD that I think of you like family and that my home is always open to those who have no where else to spend a night when a storm hits before heading home. If you ever need help or want my cell number, please PM me.

The Bills fabric has been woven into my very being these last 47 years. From those early practices at the Knox Estate to WMS were I was a walk-on ballboy and paid for my tickets with a paper route. Took the Main St. bus to Jefferson Ave. and walked to Civic stadium; for many games by myself when I was 13,14,15 & 16. At 17 I bought my first season ticket and had that until I left for active duty with the US Navy in 1971. Six years later I had season ticks once again. The Rockpile but a memory but newness and shear size of Rich stadium gave me goosebumps....WOW I though!

Three years at UB while still holding down a full time job put a crimp in how many game I could resonably make but the passion never waned for Buffalo Bills football. In 1986(?) I received a call from a good friend at the Bills about employment once again, not full time just Friday thru Monday. The pay was good and I could adjust my hours with my other full time job, so I accepted. This was before the era of mass firings or new GM's cleaning house completely, so friendships I had made years earlier were still with the Bills with a few exceptions. Thus the era of Bills football with Bill Polian, Marv Levy, Walt Cory and a man who would become a very good friend- John Butler began. It was a fun ride while it lasted and will be forever grateful that I got to see all this unfold on the field by the Bills bench and in the offices. Some of you might be thinking, but what did you do? For the last three years, I was Marv Levy's shadow coming and leaving the field and many times it was bluecoat security besides myself and in the office I would lend a hand to whoever needed it. I had a"little" background after running the computer system for the 6th fleet for more that a few years

Today no friends I knew remain with the Bills. Donahoe turned One Bills Drive upside down and fans wonder what happened? But that is a story for another time.

My story is in the past but hope that the younger folk here will be fortunate to experience at least a tenth of the enjoyment of my rollercoater ride of being a Buffalo Bills fan these many years.

Again Thank You all for the Happy Birthday greetings and words of kindness. I am truly humbled.