How close are the Bills to Super bowl caliber?

Justice

Grade each unit  

51 members have voted

1. 1. QB's

• Super Bowl ready
    • sufficient
    • not even close
  2. 2. Running Backs

• SB ready
    • sufficient
    • a player away
    • not even close
  3. 3. Wide receivers

• SB ready
    • sufficient
    • not even close
    • a player away

QB -- not close; hoping that upgrades to sufficient this year.

RB -- sufficient; it's not SB ready until you have a line that can open holes consistantly and get a push on 3d and 1.

WR -- sufficient; at least until Evans proves he he a Pro Bowl caliber WR and/or Owens signs a contract to be here longer than one year and/or one or more of the young guys step up as a major threats.

A month ago this topic is considered absurd and preposterous.

We sign an ancient starting WR and all of the sudden we're curious as to how close we are to the superbowl?

How can that be when "not even close" is one of the choices?

How can that be when "not even close" is one of the choices?

I knew you would say that. Look, this is fine, I'm just objecting politely on the basis that I feel this topic wouldn't have been deemed even discussion worthy had T.O. not been signed. I'm merely saying that everyone (it sounds like) would have said something to the effect of, "We have a ST unit that's it" or, "You can't be serious."

Look, I'm all for seeing what everyone on the wall has to say about this, I'm just saying that the collective optimism is unnecessarily high right now, whereas if this topic had been posted previously you'd have been laughed at for even wondering.

I knew you would say that. Look, this is fine, I'm just objecting politely on the basis that I feel this topic wouldn't have been deemed even discussion worthy had T.O. not been signed. I'm merely saying that everyone (it sounds like) would have said something to the effect of, "We have a ST unit that's it" or, "You can't be serious."

Look, I'm all for seeing what everyone on the wall has to say about this, I'm just saying that the collective optimism is unnecessarily high right now, whereas if this topic had been posted previously you'd have been laughed at for even wondering.

That's cool, dude. I respect your opinion and appreciate your response.

The bills will go as far as Trent Edwards takes them. The talent on the roster, despite a few holes, is good enough to compete for a playoff spot. Teams have won a superbowl with a lot less than Lynch and Jackson. The bills wr position with the addition of Owens is very good. If Edwards takes it to the next level, it could be a very good year for Buffalo. I think there is about a 50% chance that will happen.

I'd like to see what my fellow Stadium Wallers think of the Bills talent by unit according to Super Bowl caliber. This is the first part of the poll with more to come shortly.

I hope you ask about the line in the other posts because all of my ratings for offense drop quickly if the line situation (i.e. LT and LG) are not settled soon.