You Republicans are gonna love this!

Sean Penn just signed on to play Joe Wilson in Fair Game, the movie version of outed CIA agent Valerie Plame’s memoir. Jeffrey Ressner read the latest script and shares his juiciest notes.

It’s July 7, 2003. The camera focuses on Karl Rove in his office, fuming at Bush White House spokesman Ari Fleischer on TV the day after a New York Times op-ed piece written by retired Ambassador Joe Wilson accused the president of deliberately misleading the public by citing false data about Iraq purchasing uranium from Africa.

“What is that tit-!@#$in’ homo Fleischer doing to us?” screams Rove into his office phone. “Call Mary. Call Scooter. Call Hadley. We need to get a hold of this. NOW!”

The sequence is one of many explosive re-imaginings of Fair Game, a new film based on the saga of outed CIA agent Valerie Plame Wilson, which was written by Jez and John Butterworth and based on Plame’s autobiography. (Screenplays inevitably go through multiple drafts, and the version obtained by The Daily Beast has no cover page to denote when it was written.) The film goes into production this month.

Rove doesn’t show up until page 71, throwing a hissy fit after Ari Fleischer’s press briefing concerning the Nigerian yellowcake controversy. By the next page, the White House conspiracy is hatched.

Sean Penn, fresh off his Oscar win for Milk, just signed to portray Wilson, which would reunite the actor with his 21 Grams co-star Naomi Watts in the role of Plame. Doug Liman, the hip auteur behind high-velocity spy movies such as The Bourne Identity and Mr. & Mrs. Smith—and also the son of famed Iran/Contra-era attorney Arthur Liman—is on board to direct. The Washington D.C. Film & TV Office says Fair Game’s production scouts have been checking out various locations and shooting could begin as early as this weekend.

The movie will probably suck, although Penn, Watts and Liman are all very talented.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-sto...ibby-the-movie/

I love this fantasy land Plame and Wilson live in. Continuing to blame other people for the leak. Even though The Washington Post, who would be sympathetic to their position even say it was Wilson's fault. Wilson to Blame. . Also if anyone in the administration was to blame it was Richard Armitage who thinks more like Colin Powell thaqn Rumsfeld or Cheny.

You'd think that after 50 days of bitching and moaning every time Obama so much as farts you'd be too embarrassed to invoke the "BDS" talking point.

And thus, Bad Leftenant demonstrates the first known case of "Bush Derangement Syndrome" Derangement Syndrome.

• 1 year later...

"Fast Times At Ridgemount High" was the high point for Penn. Who knew a guy who played such a mellow somewhat likable character would become so douchey.

While I don't particularly like Penn he is a terrific director and a GREAT actor. But I guess if you don't like his politics...

"Fast Times At Ridgemount High" was the high point for Penn. Who knew a guy who played such a mellow somewhat likable character would become so douchey.

Sean Penn is an outstanding actor, much more so now than in the 80's.

While I don't particularly like Penn he is a terrific director and a GREAT actor. But I guess if you don't like his politics...

Never argue his talent. Thing is, all politics aside, he seems to makes movies I never want to see.