Another pro wrestler dies young

Bmwolf21

Andrew "Test" Martin, a former WWE wrestler, was found dead in his Tampa, Fla. apartment late Friday night, MyFOXTampaBay.com reported.

Neighbors called police after seeing the 33-year-old motionless over a span of several hours.

The cause of death wasn't immediately known, but police said foul play isn't suspected. An autopsy will be performed.

Martin joined the WWE in 1998 and won many of the organization's major titles before suffering a severe back injury, MyFOXTampaBay.com reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509218,00.html

R.I.P. Test. Being only 33 and in good physical condition, the first thing that comes to mind would be some kind of a drug overdose. Hope it's not the case, but who knows at this point. And "bdelma", seriously, your character seems to be that of a bowel movement after a trip to the local Taco Bell.

According to the jim ross website, test did take up the wwe rehab program last year, so it seems as if he had some demons. I do sincerely hope, for his family's sake and for the sake of pro wrestling that he died naturally or of complications of past drug use rather than an OD of some sort. It's sad that it has long been cliche for a young pro wrestler to die alone in his apartment or hotel room only to be discovered 12 hours later. I'll withhold judgment on this one till the toxicology reports get released, but RIP Test.

According to the jim ross website, test did take up the wwe rehab program last year, so it seems as if he had some demons. I do sincerely hope, for his family's sake and for the sake of pro wrestling that he died naturally or of complications of past drug use rather than an OD of some sort. It's sad that it has long been cliche for a young pro wrestler to die alone in his apartment or hotel room only to be discovered 12 hours later. I'll withhold judgment on this one till the toxicology reports get released, but RIP Test.

Yeah, you have to wonder if he had some issues with painkillers after his spinal fusion surgery, and then after not being accepted back into the WWE, he could have turned to other stuff to "kill the pain."

Have no idea who he was, but they should use him and the wrestler who also killed his wife and child as examples of what 'roids can do to you.

If that's the case, how do you know he was on roids?

Most unfortunate. What ever he was up to in past, he had made decision to get out of the meat grinder of sports entertainment, go back to school , get certified to be fitness instructor and have a self interest associated workplace from which to build a better life. Tragic death at such a young age. That four wrestlers have died recently stating the obvious much in wrong in this entertainment source where so many become cartoon like characters, but have far from humorous ends.

If that's the case, how do you know he was on roids?

Because he was a Pro Wrestler, Duh, tehy are all roided up freaks.

From an interview about this with Kevin Nash, who says he was a veryclose friend who thought of martin as a littel brother and helped him with Rehab, his problem was with Prescription Pills (muscle relaxers and Pain Pills)

Kevin Nash on Test to The Datona Beach News-Journal: "We were really close. I helped him get into rehab. WWE picked up the dollar and helped him through rehab. Andrew went in. He was doing really well, making his meetings. He went over and worked in Japan (recently). He was in that 'not as busy as you once were' routine. We don't know the cause of death, and I would hate to speculate. The combination of muscle relaxers and pain pills are lethal. He was a great guy. I kind of looked at him like a little brother. I considered him one of my better friends. He was a big guy. He was a bud."

I did follow wrestling back when I was a kid. The Iron Sheik and Sgt Slaughter were seen running past our school (Cheektowaga Central). They were staying at the Sheraton (who knows what it's called now) next to what is now the Galleria.

Andrew "Test" Martin, a former WWE wrestler, was found dead in his Tampa, Fla. apartment late Friday night, MyFOXTampaBay.com reported.

Neighbors called police after seeing the 33-year-old motionless over a span of several hours.

The cause of death wasn't immediately known, but police said foul play isn't suspected. An autopsy will be performed.

Martin joined the WWE in 1998 and won many of the organization's major titles before suffering a severe back injury, MyFOXTampaBay.com reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509218,00.html

its not all roids...these guys are also addicted to a plethora of painkillers uppers downers

R.I.P. Test. Being only 33 and in good physical condition, the first thing that comes to mind would be some kind of a drug overdose. Hope it's not the case, but who knows at this point. And "bdelma", seriously, your character seems to be that of a bowel movement after a trip to the local Taco Bell.

He must of been your hero, I bet you watch all the wrestling shows on TV.

He must of been your hero, I bet you watch all the wrestling shows on TV.

Uhhhhhhhhh, no. I haven't watched wrestling since "The Rock" and "Stone Cold Steve Austin" were at each other's throat. :worthy: I guess it's been about 5 years maybe? The sad thing is when people read your obituary they'll probably say the same thing you did about him, minus the roid aspect of course. You sound like a really great person :beer: