Congrats UB Bulls!

UB rolls Ball State 64-52. They go to the finals for only the second time in school history. Game will be on ESPN2 at 8pm Saturday. How cool is it after being the conference doormat for UB to perhaps win both the MAC in football and basketball!

PTR

Congrats, UB, for making the conference title game.

Now the bad news (for me): They are playing Akron.

As many of you know, the University of Akron was the first place that admitted me into law school. So, I gotta root for Akron tonight. Sorry guys. Go Zips!

So what seed do the Bulls get if they win tonight? A 13? Maybe even a 12?

They were projected as a 13 in the NCAA but lately the MAC Champ has fallen to a 15 or 16. Not a good year for MAC ball. Who cares, really? This would be UB's "bowl game"...the cherry on top of the MAC Championship sundae.

PTR

Congrats, UB, for making the conference title game.

Now the bad news (for me): They are playing Akron.

As many of you know, the University of Akron was the first place that admitted me into law school. So, I gotta root for Akron tonight. Sorry guys. Go Zips!

So what are you trying to float us (true born in WNY/CNY/S. ONT BFLO fans) with? That you will turn into "March's version of Lv-Bills?"

:thumbsup::lol:

Go ahead and shoot your mouth off pal! :lol:<_<

;)

was chatting with a friend and we were wondering if UB has every made the big dance before? and for those who are going to tell me "www.google.com", F off, I'm lazy

No.

Came close 3 years ago - lost on a buzzer-beating tip in to Ohio (after blowing a huge lead) in the MAC Final.

65-53 Akron over UB. First trip to the big dance for the Zips since 1986 (ironically, the same year Cleveland State upset Indiana in their only previous trip).

Akron lost to Michigan in the first round of the tourney that year. The Zips' coach in 1986 was Bob Huggins.

Congrats to UB, though...they were picked to finish at the bottom of the MAC's Eastern Division. And they bring back just about everyone for next season. Reggie Witherspoon has created a strong program up there.

65-53 Akron over UB. First trip to the big dance for the Zips since 1986 (ironically, the same year Cleveland State upset Indiana in their only previous trip).

Akron lost to Michigan in the first round of the tourney that year. The Zips' coach in 1986 was Bob Huggins.

Congrats to UB, though...they were picked to finish at the bottom of the MAC's Eastern Division. And they bring back just about everyone for next season. Reggie Witherspoon has created a strong program up there.

The fact they were picked last makes this season a qualified success. They will likely get a bid to the CBI or new College Insider tournament. The NIT is a longshot. Still hurts to see them lay a big fat turd in a title game. Bad night for Buffalo teams in general tonight. Sabres choked away a game to the Thrashers in the last 4 seconds.

PTR

UB was passed over for the NIT. (Not a surprise) But they get a bid to the #3 post-season tourney, the College Basketball Invitational. They play at Wichita St. 3/18 at 8pm. The game is on HDnet if you get that channel. I wonder if the game will be in HD? :thumbsup:

PTR

Congrats UB, buuuuuuuuuuuuut ... I've never heard of the College Basketball Invitational, but then again, I'm not much of a college basketball fan, so maybe it's just me.

Two new post-season basketball tournaments were formed the last two years: CBI and College Insiders. Both are 16-team tournaments. Yeah I'm not that excited but it's something. If you compare it to football bowl games I guess there was room for more basketball postseason play. Between the 4 tournaments, 129 out of 334 D1 teams get a post-season game. That's about 39%. Compare to football with 64 out of 119 teams playing in 32 bowl games. That's about 53%.

PTR

Two new post-season basketball tournaments were formed the last two years: CBI and College Insiders. Both are 16-team tournaments. Yeah I'm not that excited but it's something. If you compare it to football bowl games I guess there was room for more basketball postseason play. Between the 4 tournaments, 129 out of 334 D1 teams get a post-season game. That's about 39%. Compare to football with 64 out of 119 teams playing in 32 bowl games. That's about 53%.

PTR

PTR ... thanks ... the %'s help ... getting a CBI bid is more impressive than I thought ... I knew that 64 ... err 65 (stupid play-in game) made the big one ... I figured that 32 made the NIT ... so these new ones must be 16 teams?

Ba humbug!

:P

You failed to bring the trash and UB crashed and burned! ;);)

Anyway... Good luck to your Zips Mike! :thumbsup::unsure:

Oh... And I hope they go out there and:

"Win one for the Zipper!"

:D

Anyway... Good luck to your Zips Mike! ;):doh:

Oh... And I hope they go out there and:

"Win one for the Zipper!"

:lol:

The Akron Zips play Gonzaga in Portland. That's almost a home game for the Zags.

Needless to say, between the Zips and Cleveland State drawing Wake Forest, I'm not optomistic.