The Jason Peters issue,here is the solution.

He's not worth 11.5mm. He had one good year 2 years ago and a down year last year. He's under contract for 2 more seasons so,he can take the Bills good will offer or leave it. IMO the FO has a good handle on the market and there's no need to overpay. Sorry, I like JP, but he hasn't earned or played up to the level to support 11.5m/yr. Also, it doesn't help that he's been hurt at the end of each of the last 2 seasons. That's too much money to tie up in a player who's starting to show injury concerns and inconsistent performance.

why do people keep saying this? I think they read it from what other people typed and then they believe it, then it sort of just feeds from itself.

2006 as a RT, 2007 LT. two good years, 1 subpar year 2008.

Bills never made the playoff with Peters either. No one on a team who has not made the playoffs in over 10 years deserves to get $11.5M. He's expendable for the right amount of players/pics.

people make this argument about every player we let go. but its back-asswards. sure, we havent made the playoffs with so-and-so, but wasting resources filling the hole we create is really what keeps us out of the playoffs.

i dont want to trade him. but i dont want to sign him to a big contract either. i think/worry that once he gets his money, it's Mike Williams Jr.

if he is truly demanding $13mil and wont budge down to $11mil then make him play under his current contract. if he holds out of camp, then we move on without him. another year of missed camp just makes him an even bigger liability. it's one thing if the Bills decide to move him and stupidly create a tough hole to fill, it's a whole other thing if he decides to sabotage his career and our team.

i guess id offer him 5 years/$47mil, with $20mil guaranteed and performance incentives that could raise his salary to $13mil. making the pro-bowl would NOT be one of those incentives.

people make this argument about every player we let go. but its back-asswards. sure, we havent made the playoffs with so-and-so, but wasting resources filling the hole we create is really what keeps us out of the playoffs.

i dont want to trade him. but i dont want to sign him to a big contract either. i think/worry that once he gets his money, it's Mike Williams Jr.

if he is truly demanding $13mil and wont budge down to $11mil then make him play under his current contract. if he holds out of camp, then we move on without him. another year of missed camp just makes him an even bigger liability. it's one thing if the Bills decide to move him and stupidly create a tough hole to fill, it's a whole other thing if he decides to sabotage his career and our team.

i guess id offer him 5 years/$47mil, with $20mil guaranteed and performance incentives that could raise his salary to $13mil. making the pro-bowl would NOT be one of those incentives.

The problem giving 11.5m to a player on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in forever is that this team likely has many holes. Devoting that much to a single player is not in the best interest of a team that has multiple holes to fill.

Sure, we could just let Peters play out his current contract, but at what cost? What if he half-asses it for the next 2 years like he did last year? Last season, he was more of a liability than an asset. Sure, he could play MUCH better, but he didn't. We lost some games due to very costly sacks/fumbles. We can't afford to have another repeat of his 2008 performance. We might as well have a less talented, cheaper player playing OT, one that plays his heart out.

The problem giving 11.5m to a player on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in forever is that this team likely has many holes. Devoting that much to a single player is not in the best interest of a team that has multiple holes to fill.

Sure, we could just let Peters play out his current contract, but at what cost? What if he half-asses it for the next 2 years like he did last year? Last season, he was more of a liability than an asset. Sure, he could play MUCH better, but he didn't. We lost some games due to very costly sacks/fumbles. We can't afford to have another repeat of his 2008 performance. We might as well have a less talented, cheaper player playing OT, one that plays his heart out.

Agree 100%. Peters' attitude is bad, bad, bad.