The Jason Peters issue,here is the solution.

He's not worth 11.5mm. He had one good year 2 years ago and a down year last year. He's under contract for 2 more seasons so,he can take the Bills good will offer or leave it. IMO the FO has a good handle on the market and there's no need to overpay. Sorry, I like JP, but he hasn't earned or played up to the level to support 11.5m/yr. Also, it doesn't help that he's been hurt at the end of each of the last 2 seasons. That's too much money to tie up in a player who's starting to show injury concerns and inconsistent performance.

The answer to this whole ridiculous salary situation is to address the problem causing it. Short term, the small town owners must must either pay a bigger portion of their revenue to stay competitive or be the minor/training league for the big teams. Or be shrewd, aggressive FO and very good in the draft. Miss and you're dead ala Mike Williams.

Long term the cause must be addressed.

That cause is the CBA. As long as you keep paying first pound picks the crazy amounts Jake Long and Russell got, every guy who made a pro bowl is going to want more, and rightfully so. This then trickles down to to the pro bowl alternates, then the guys who almost made the pro bowl and so on and so on. Kinda what we have now and something that only promotes parity with the big market teams.

While we are addressing a set value for first round picks, address the other reasons for the escalated salary structure, the contracts as stated by other posters, that aren't worth the paper they are written on. The ability to cancel remaining years on a contract just so a guy can say he has the biggest contract is so bogus. Make them all guaranteed like the other leagues. That will take them down when you can't just cut bait but are responsible for the full amount.

There will need some other clause added that will not allow big teams to use any amount of money. They can only spend to the cap with no amortization of bonuses and bonuses go towards the cap. Now the big boys will have a lot of extra cash they can bank and the field will truly be level.

Will they get anywhere near these suggestions? I know there will be a big stink from the players and the big owners but if something isn't done, anything, the gap will become larger and soon it will become 2 leagues within a league. Somehow, all parties must sit together and address these and other issues. I hope they get a new Players Assn President that will work with owners to make all things more equal between clubs and reasonable salaries that are more down to earth for the fans who pay for it all.

Lastly, how many millions are enough? Give a little to the players who made the game what it is today and who need the NFLPA 's help. Sorry for the rant but this whole greed situation is a real turnoff and I hope the fans let those in control know their feelings with the checkbook.

I would trade him to Detroit for draft picks and he will never see the playoffs....

Worrying about what happens to Peters, after he leaves the team, is nonsensical. I trust you are kidding, but if you base your moves on how to punish a player, instead of how to help your own team, you are likely to fail.

He's not worth 11.5mm. He had one good year 2 years ago and a down year last year. He's under contract for 2 more seasons so,he can take the Bills good will offer or leave it. IMO the FO has a good handle on the market and there's no need to overpay. Sorry, I like JP, but he hasn't earned or played up to the level to support 11.5m/yr. Also, it doesn't help that he's been hurt at the end of each of the last 2 seasons. That's too much money to tie up in a player who's starting to show injury concerns and inconsistent performance.

Is Chris Kelsay worth the money he is making? Why not send him to Detroit? Has Kelsay ever made the Pro Bowl? Why aren't there any posts screaming bloody murder about Kelsay's contract. Better yet cut Kelsay, give his money to Peters then Ralph wouldn't have to worry about spending too much money because he is giving it away NOW.

JP is an unbelievable talent. We can deny it to make ourselves feel better *if*/when we lose him, but there is a reason that he keeps making pro-bowls. Just ask other teams' right DEs.

11.5 mil is not unreasonable. Its what the market bears and we need to realize that he will get this money elsewhere. If Buffalo is to remain a legitimate team, they need to sign the guy at the market rate.

If the Bills are smart they'll close the deal in the 10 mil range with more guaranteed money to offset the lower salary per year. But they need to do this before Detroit possible drafts an O lineman first and maybe 2 of the top 3 picks are o linemen. This can only set the market higher and reinforce JP's credibility in asking for his 11.5.

I would trade him to Detroit for draft picks and he will never see the playoffs....

Freedom (can't put my finger on it but it seems ironic), something about indentured servitude.

Some people advocate signing him at a certain cost, some people advocate trading him at a certain cost. Some people think he's worth a lot of money and some don't. Some want to keep him and others want to send him to Philly.

And then there's you...who starts a thread which basically advocates punishing him.

You say send him to Detroit (which is unfortunately right now one of the few franchises less desirable than Buffalo) and wish that he never sees the playoffs.

It's official. This site has hit a new low. Congratulations Freedom. You've just made a huge statement. About yourself.