California - home of the stoned

an untapped BILLION dollar industry that the government refuses to become a part of and actually fights, therefore SPENDING billions on another "War on a concept".

legalize it. control it. tax it. make a butt load of money. why is this so hard?

Way overdue. Same with gambling and prostitution.

an untapped BILLION dollar industry that the government refuses to become a part of and actually fights, therefore SPENDING billions on another "War on a concept".

legalize it. control it. tax it. make a butt load of money. why is this so hard?

They will need billions to pay for the additional medical costs, insurance costs, and legal costs that would result from making it legal.

Jacqueline Saburido Story

Way overdue. Same with gambling and prostitution.

I never thought about the prostitution issue, although I'm certainly open to the idea :huh: , but gambling NEEDS to be legalized. Its incredible that you can be put in cuffs for spending your own money the way you deem fit on something that has absolutely no negative physical or mental effect on any other living person.

They will need billions to pay for the additional medical costs, insurance costs, and legal costs that would result from making it legal.

Jacqueline Saburido Story

Why would legalization result in increased medical and insurance costs? Are you assuming legalization necessarily results in a marked increase in use?

I never thought about the prostitution issue, although I'm certainly open to the idea :lol: , but gambling NEEDS to be legalized. Its incredible that you can be put in cuffs for spending your own money the way you deem fit on something that has absolutely no negative physical or mental effect on any other living person.

The old George Carlin standard:

Selling is legal

:huh: ing is legal

Why isn't selling :cry: ing legal? :w00t:

I never thought about the prostitution issue, although I'm certainly open to the idea :huh: , but gambling NEEDS to be legalized. Its incredible that you can be put in cuffs for spending your own money the way you deem fit on something that has absolutely no negative physical or mental effect on any other living person.

What about the dad that goes double or nothing with the mortgage payment? It doesn't affect the wife and kids? It happens.

What about the dad that goes double or nothing with the mortgage payment? It doesn't affect the wife and kids? It happens.

A family can be affected by overspending on EVERYTHING. Not just gambling. By that logic, why not make credit cards illegal then? I can guarantee there are more families out there that have been hurt by one of the members of the marriage racking up insane amounts of debt rather than gambling. Ultimately people are going to do what they want with their money, so why should that stop at the blackjack table or a sports game?

So what? the problem is his addiction, he should get help for that. Just because some guy gets drunk and beats his wife doesn't mean the rest of shouldn't be able to enjoy a cocktail now and again. I guy could decide to run someone over with his car, should cars be illegal?

A family can be affected by overspending on EVERYTHING. Not just gambling. By that logic, why not make credit cards illegal then? I can guarantee there are more families out there that have been hurt by one of the members of the marriage racking up insane amounts of debt rather than gambling. Ultimately people are going to do what they want with their money, so why should that stop at the blackjack table or a sports game?

I did not say that I was opposed to legalizing gambling. I was merely pointing out a scenario in which other people could be affected, after you said...

something that has absolutely no negative physical or mental effect on any other living person.

I did not say that I was opposed to legalizing gambling. I was merely pointing out a scenario in which other people could be affected, after you said...

Okay, I understand where you were coming from now. And I get your point, that probably wasn't the best way to make my own in support of legalizing it. Although, I don't know how often dads around the nation go "double or nothing on the mortgage", but of course there are some cases out there like that. STL Bills made a good point about that notion I thought - there are addicts associated with a countless amount of things in society, and I suppose an addiction to anything that has the potential to be negative can be dangerous. Don't let the addicts ruin the fun for everyone else though! :thumbdown:

Okay, I understand where you were coming from now. And I get your point, that probably wasn't the best way to make my own in support of legalizing it. Although, I don't know how often dads around the nation go "double or nothing on the mortgage", but of course there are some cases out there like that. STL Bills made a good point about that notion I thought - there are addicts associated with a countless amount of things in society, and I suppose an addiction to anything that has the potential to be negative can be dangerous. Don't let the addicts ruin the fun for everyone else though! :thumbdown:

I can agree to that. As far as weed, gambling, and prostitution goes, I say legalize them, tax them, and quit wasting money fighting them.

Here's another scenario. Millions of people buy weed. Smoke it. Nothing of note happens. Government earns billions. Cops stop chasing people with dime bags. Jails aren't full of pot heads.

PTR

That's a BS argument,IMO. Everybody who wants to smoke it is already smoking it.

It occurs to me that, as Felix very well may be a crooked cop, he looses income and a level of control over some people, if pot is legal.

Just a thought.