TSW's Version of "Perfect Fit" Players for the Bills

H2o

These are my top 5 and reasons behind. Rate yours.

#1. B.J. Raji - Raji would fit in anyone's defense. The guy is a game changer in the middle and along side of Stroud we would have one of the best interiors in the NFL.

#2. Brian Orakpo - Size, speed, strength, he has it all. He has a combination of moves that he uses to get to the QB effectively. I don't see him being any sort of a liability in the run game either. I think he could come in immediately supplanting Kelsay and would eventually take over Schobel's spot when he's cut or retires.

#3. Peria Jerry - Another disruptive force on the inside to team up with Stroud. Jerry has more quickness than Raji and is more of a penetrating DT. He blows up alot of plays in the backfield and gives teammates opportunities to make plays with his quick penetration through the line. He reminds me alot of Tommie Harris of the Chicago Bears.

#4. Michael Johnson - Athletic freak that can play the run, drop back in coverage, and get to the QB all at 6'7" and 270lbs. People say he only plays at one speed, was unproductive for his athletic ability, and whatever else they want, but I would take the guy on our DL over Kelsay, Denney, Ellis, or anyone else we have left to throw in there. I think he could end up being the best DE to come out of this draft, but it's up to how hard he'll work on the pro level. He could be the next Jason Taylor or Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, they seem to have the most similar skillsets to me.

#5. Everett Brown - He would provide the pass rushing ability that we need, but not sure how he would hold up against the bigger stronger OT's in the NFL on rushing plays. He had 26 bench press reps at the combine, but how would it trnslate on the field? I'm not sure. He reminds me of a young Strahan with his style of play, but is that what we would get?

An honorable mention in all of this would be Brian Cushing. Cushing had a solid combine, a solid career at USC, and we need a OLB. It wouldn't be a terrible pick, but just not one of the guys I would want at that slot. Funny, all of the guys I listed are on defense.

#1. B.J. Raji - Raji would fit in anyone's defense. The guy is a game changer in the middle and along side of Stroud we would have one of the best interiors in the NFL.

#2. Brian Orakpo - Size, speed, strength, he has it all. He has a combination of moves that he uses to get to the QB effectively. I don't see him being any sort of a liability in the run game either. I think he could come in immediately supplanting Kelsay and would eventually take over Schobel's spot when he's cut or retires.

#3. Peria Jerry - Another disruptive force on the inside to team up with Stroud. Jerry has more quickness than Raji and is more of a penetrating DT. He blows up alot of plays in the backfield and gives teammates opportunities to make plays with his quick penetration through the line. He reminds me alot of Tommie Harris of the Chicago Bears.

#4. Michael Johnson - Athletic freak that can play the run, drop back in coverage, and get to the QB all at 6'7" and 270lbs. People say he only plays at one speed, was unproductive for his athletic ability, and whatever else they want, but I would take the guy on our DL over Kelsay, Denney, Ellis, or anyone else we have left to throw in there. I think he could end up being the best DE to come out of this draft, but it's up to how hard he'll work on the pro level. He could be the next Jason Taylor or Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, they seem to have the most similar skillsets to me.

#5. Everett Brown - He would provide the pass rushing ability that we need, but not sure how he would hold up against the bigger stronger OT's in the NFL on rushing plays. He had 26 bench press reps at the combine, but how would it trnslate on the field? I'm not sure. He reminds me of a young Strahan with his style of play, but is that what we would get?

An honorable mention in all of this would be Brian Cushing. Cushing had a solid combine, a solid career at USC, and we need a OLB. It wouldn't be a terrible pick, but just not one of the guys I would want at that slot. Funny, all of the guys I listed are on defense.

Take Johnson out and put Cushing into your top 5 and we are in agreement(not necessarily on the order, but 5 guys who I'd be glad with at #11). Johnson is way too big of a gamble at #11.

Take Johnson out and put Cushing into your top 5 and we are in agreement(not necessarily on the order, but 5 guys who I'd be glad with at #11). Johnson is way too big of a gamble at #11.

Ditto. Johnson is too much of a risk to be anything higher than a late 1st/early 2nd round pick in my eyes. I'm very high on Cushing, and wouldn't mind that at all if we don't end up picking an OLB (Keiaho, June, etc) up in FA before draft time. Aside from Curry, I think Cushing has the best career of any linebacker (Outside or Middle) in this years draft.

I take it you're listing players who you think may be available at 11 and not top overall right? Obviously, Aaron Curry would have to be #1 otherwise. That being said:

1.) B.J. Raiji

2.) Brian Orakpo

3.) Everette Brown

4.) Malcom Jenkins - Is being projected as a S now and would be killer alongside Whitner

5.) Rey Maualuga - Move Poz to OLB and stick Rey in the middle. Wow!

I think Peria Jerry would be a HUGE reach at 11 and certainly should not be placed above Everette Brown, in my opinion.

I take it you're listing players who you think may be available at 11 and not top overall right? Obviously, Aaron Curry would have to be #1 otherwise. That being said:

1.) B.J. Raiji

2.) Brian Orakpo

3.) Everette Brown

4.) Malcom Jenkins - Is being projected as a S now and would be killer alongside Whitner

5.) Rey Maualuga - Move Poz to OLB and stick Rey in the middle. Wow!

I think Peria Jerry would be a HUGE reach at 11 and certainly should not be placed above Everette Brown, in my opinion.

Every time I've watched Jerry play he has completely dominated. Someone is going to get a great player, and he fits our scheme. If the draft goes the way I think it will the best player available when we pick will probably be Malcolm Jenkins. It's a shame we have so many needs because if we got him he would be an instant impact player. Mayock even said he could be a pro bowl safety his rookie year.

I like all the players you mentioned except Johnson. The Johnson pick I would despise!! Oh god, I really hope he is no where near our radar. I watch lots of ACC football as I am a Chapel Hill fan, and I would make it a point to watch him closely, cuz of our obvious needs for a passrushing DE. I just don't see it. He takes plays off, he looks lethargic, I just don't see anything about him other than his workout numbers. So I'd scratch him off.

1) Raji (Beast, love the idea of having him for the next 5 years, specially teamed up with Stroud. Would make it very tough to run against us, and would help in the pass rush, help collapsing pockets)

2) Everett Brown (Once again, ACC football, most polished DE I've seen this year. Has speed, swim, spin moves, big engine and great production)

3) Pettigrew (Most NFL ready player in the draft in my view. Devastating Blocker, good quickness, very soft hands and huge target. Immediate upgrade. The TE that we have lacked for the last 10 years)

4) Orakpo (Good size, good athleticism, Tenacious, Ok pass rushing moves, good engine. I think he will be good not great as a passrusher, and also good but not great against the run)

5) Mack ( I know people believe he is a reach, but I don't care. I think he will be a future probowl Center over the course of his career. He was the only player that came close to handling Raji's bull rush during the senior bowl, the most polished and well techniqued center in the draft. I think he would be another safe and productive pick)

I like all the players you mentioned except Johnson. The Johnson pick I would despise!! Oh god, I really hope he is no where near our radar. I watch lots of ACC football as I am a Chapel Hill fan, and I would make it a point to watch him closely, cuz of our obvious needs for a passrushing DE. I just don't see it. He takes plays off, he looks lethargic, I just don't see anything about him other than his workout numbers. So I'd scratch him off.

1) Raji (Beast, love the idea of having him for the next 5 years, specially teamed up with Stroud. Would make it very tough to run against us, and would help in the pass rush, help collapsing pockets)

2) Everett Brown (Once again, ACC football, most polished DE I've seen this year. Has speed, swim, spin moves, big engine and great production)

3) Pettigrew (Most NFL ready player in the draft in my view. Devastating Blocker, good quickness, very soft hands and huge target. Immediate upgrade. The TE that we have lacked for the last 10 years)

4) Orakpo (Good size, good athleticism, Tenacious, Ok pass rushing moves, good engine. I think he will be good not great as a passrusher, and also good but not great against the run)

5) Mack ( I know people believe he is a reach, but I don't care. I think he will be a future probowl Center over the course of his career. He was the only player that came close to handling Raji's bull rush during the senior bowl, the most polished and well techniqued center in the draft. I think he would be another safe and productive pick)

Good post. I am really starting to lean toward the idea of trading down IF AT ALL POSSIBLE if Raji doesn't slide to #11, and taking Pettigrew with that first pick. Then worrying about the DE situation with our next pick, which is hopefully a better slot with the aforementioned trade. Obviously that is a scenario based purely on speculation though. I have very little against Mack, but my target at center is Max Unger from Oregon. Love the emotion he plays with. He is both more athletic and versatile than Mack, and I think we have a shot at him in the 2nd round. That being said, I have little doubt that Mack is gonna be a good one in this league as well.

My top 5 would include Curry. But this is a good job.

The problem is that all five are either likely to be gone by #11 or aren't valued as high as #11. Though I don't think value would matter so much to the Bills as long as they get the best player who would fit their system.

I also doubt they'll take Michael Johnson. The Bills drafting has never been clear or predictable, but the one rule they do always use is that they value on the field production much higher than athletic potential. They value consistency or play. Johnson has huge potential but hasn't been consistent on the field, so I doubt we'll take him. The others you mentioned though, all seem like possible Bills picks.

I like this even more than the OP's, but both are really good. I'd like to see Peria Jerry in there somewhere also, but this is very fine.