Torture referendum

"can't we just flush a bible down the toilet and call it a day"? :huh:

This whole issue is just another example of the pathetic pussification of America. Showing some vile scumbag a woman's breasts is "torture"? Yeah, whatever.

"can't we just flush a bible down the toilet and call it a day"? :cry:

This whole issue is just another example of the pathetic pussification of America. Showing some vile scumbag a woman's breasts is "torture"? Yeah, whatever.

Actually, I thought that whole incident was pretty stupid. "Oh wow, what are those.....I think I'll tell you whatever you want to know." Nice interrogation technique. :huh:

That won't work and neither will torture.

I've just never understood torture as a technique. If somebody is being tortured, truly tortured, they aren't motivated to tell the truth, they are just motivated to tell their captor what they want to hear...even somebody who genuinely has zero information. If somebody captured and tortured me, I'd probably tell them the locations of 1,000 different planned attacks and also admit to the JFK assassination.

I've just never understood torture as a technique. If somebody is being tortured, truly tortured, they aren't motivated to tell the truth, they are just motivated to tell their captor what they want to hear...even somebody who genuinely has zero information. If somebody captured and tortured me, I'd probably tell them the locations of 1,000 different planned attacks and also admit to the JFK assassination.

You are 100% correct

I'd do the same thing, but I'd tell them it was all RKFast's idea. I would tell them that ChefJim is his financeer, and that LABillz is their man on the inside. :thumbdown:

It works on 24, so it must be good!