Troop Deployment to Mexican Border Under Consideration

I thought this was a major NO-NO when Bush considered it. Now it's okay?

Who said it was a no-no, and what were the conditions at the time. To my knowledge it's really hit the fan in about the last month or so--or at least it's gained more attention and traction since then.

Who said it was a no-no, and what were the conditions at the time. To my knowledge it's really hit the fan in about the last month or so--or at least it's gained more attention and traction since then.

Frankly, I'm not sure why he is considering sending troops down there. I mean, I thought his plan was to talk us out of conflict. He should cruise on down to Tijuana and chat with some of our friends south of the border. Should work real well.

On the other hand, maybe his plan is to make it easier for the illegals to cross the border. Maybe our troops can help unload the vans when the get here. It's never too early to start earning votes for 2012. :thumbsup:

Obama: No U.S. troops to Mexico border for now

“We’ve got a very big border with Mexico,” the president said. “I’m not interested in militarizing the border.”

Gee, color me surprised. How long before he's got Acorn lining the border, helping people get mortgages and getting them registered to vote. If only the government could control the census, too. I mean, it would be the perfect liberal storm.

Gee, color me surprised. How long before he's got Acorn lining the border, helping people get mortgages and getting them registered to vote. If only the government could control the census, too. I mean, it would be the perfect liberal storm.

So are you saying you WANT the military there? Or not?