[video] Jauron's Press Conf

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...97-7cf6d4f6a564

Hilights:

- He was as involved as anyone in the decision to bring TO here. Rare opportunity to get one of the best receivers of all time

- His relationship with TO started when TO walked into his office - clean slate, no preconceptions

- Still looking at LBs - told them all when they came in that they were in no hurry

- Still looking at RBs - wants a veteran behind Marshawn/Freddie

- Wasn't necessarily looking for a veteran backup for Trent with the Fitzpatrick signing, feels AVP fills that role.

- Hangartner smart, athletic

- Will be picking up more interior lineman before camp - usually have 15. FA, Draft, and post-draft college FA are all possibilities.

1). I didn't know he wore glasses. 2). I wish he'd stop wiping his nose. :(

I can't believe I just listened to the whole 22:12 of that interview! :thumbsup:

It was actually pretty good.

LOL, I listened to the whole thing too...it was actually pretty good.

LOL, I listened to the whole thing too...it was actually pretty good.

Very good, actually. Again, I'm not happy DJ is still the HC, but he is a very intelligent and well spoken guy. I know some here want a mook for a head coach, but I do like the straight-forward, and professional, way DJ operates. He is respectful to the reporters (who have a job to do, too) and gives them his, bland, but serious answers. Also, I think he is as honest as a HC can be, while answering the questions.

Say what you want about him as a coach, but he is a gentleman and a stand-up guy.

Oh jeez...I saw that this was 22 minutes long and I was like "NO F'in way im listening to skeletor for 22 minutes". Now you guys are saying it was pretty good. T.O. has made things around here a lot more interesting, but has he really made a 22 minute DJ presser worth watching?

Oh jeez...I saw that this was 22 minutes long and I was like "NO F'in way im listening to skeletor for 22 minutes". Now you guys are saying it was pretty good. T.O. has made things around here a lot more interesting, but has he really made a 22 minute DJ presser worth watching?

It's Dick Jauron. It isn't exciting. No explosions. If you have a short attention span, and need to be entertained, this isn't for you.

Very good, actually. Again, I'm not happy DJ is still the HC, but he is a very intelligent and well spoken guy. I know some here want a mook for a head coach, but I do like the straight-forward, and professional, way DJ operates. He is respectful to the reporters (who have a job to do, too) and gives them his, bland, but serious answers. Also, I think he is as honest as a HC can be, while answering the questions.

Say what you want about him as a coach, but he is a gentleman and a stand-up guy.

I'm pissed - I really wanted to dislike him.

What an excellent PC and Jauron was great. I think that if any coach stood a chance in dealing with TO, Jauron is good as any. He's a gentleman, professional and genuine. I think that this will appeal to TO and his demeanor. Of course if Jauron is a bonehead with his Xs and Os then you can throw that all out the window. One other thing, usually when you fidget with your nose it means one of two things. It's either that you're nervous or you're lying. I would venture a guess that with Jauron it's that he is nervous. I'm glad that I watched it.

One other thing, usually when you fidget with your nose it means one of two things. It's either that you're nervous or you're lying.

..or your nose itches, or you did cocaine, etc.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...97-7cf6d4f6a564

Hilights:

- He was as involved as anyone in the decision to bring TO here. Rare opportunity to get one of the best receivers of all time

- His relationship with TO started when TO walked into his office - clean slate, no preconceptions

- Still looking at LBs - told them all when they came in that they were in no hurry

- Still looking at RBs - wants a veteran behind Marshawn/Freddie

- Wasn't necessarily looking for a veteran backup for Trent with the Fitzpatrick signing, feels AVP fills that role.

- Hangartner smart, athletic

- Will be picking up more interior lineman before camp - usually have 15. FA, Draft, and post-draft college FA are all possibilities.

Bold the First... I see DJ is following his strategy for the offense's 2-minute drill (aka "Kneel and to the locker room, boys!"), throwing out red flags, and replacing fading previous-DJ-regime guys (see: A-Train, Daimon Shelton) with people who can actually play football competitively, and you know, that whole 'scoring points' thingy. 'No hurry, guys' just about sums it up for him.

Bold the Second... AVP is gonna suit up this season? Sweet! :(

That's never really been the issue. He can be everyone's best buddy but that doesn't matter on Sundays. When Dude can't manage a game, gilbrides into the play-calling, and his biggest response when the other team is shellacing us is the sound of two skeleton hands clapping, well, that's not enough. But the sh-- of it is, I get the sickening feeling that being "a gentleman" was mostly enough for the only guy whose opinion matters at OBD... (Add in Old-Man Syndrome for the rest of the reason).

..or your nose itches, or you did cocaine, etc.

... or you're trying to hide a massive pimple. Then again, I don't think people with such necrotic skin get pimples.

That's never really been the issue. He can be everyone's best buddy but that doesn't matter on Sundays. When Dude can't manage a game, gilbrides into the play-calling, and his biggest response when the other team is shellacing us is the sound of two skeleton hands clapping, well, that's not enough. But the sh-- of it is, I get the sickening feeling that being "a gentleman" was mostly enough for the only guy whose opinion matters at OBD... (Add in Old-Man Syndrome for the rest of the reason).

Like I said, I'm not happy he's still the coach. due to his issues with play-calling and game management, mostly.

But, being a gentleman, and a stand-up guy isn't the same thing as being "everyone's best buddy".

Like I said, I'm not happy he's still the coach. due to his issues with play-calling and game management, mostly.

But, being a gentleman, and a stand-up guy isn't the same thing as being "everyone's best buddy".

Didn't mean to direct that at you, Dean. Your post was just a starting point to general musings.

'Graph 2: Point conceded. I kind of tried to get that term to cover it when I shouldn't have, but add in "gentleman" to my thoughts and I stand by what I wrote.

And still.... there are times when I think DJ's being such a gentleman detracts from his effectiveness as a coach. He doesn't order tit-for-tats if/when the other side plays dirty (see: Wilfork. If I were HC in those games, Wilfork and/or Brady would have left the field on the John Deere cart wondering if they still had a career. Instead, DJ got bent over the barrel and he liked it.) and as a true measure of how old-school he is, I think the pre-halftime kneeldowns with less than 1 minute left are as much an indication of his stupid notion that this is still a gentleman's-game as it is his ultra-ultra-ultra-conservative coaching style.

This is a league when a TD can be (and has been) scored in ~ 5 seconds. It happened to us how many times in the past decade? Anyone remember that Jets game we were feeling so high and mighty with a few seconds to kill before halftime... and then Vinny Testaverde decides to be ungentlemanlike and throws a TD and we were totally screwed from that point on (Tho, I believe we still had the lead at that point, even)? This is no longer a gentleman's game; hasn't been for a while. You win games that actually mean something by being shrewder, sneakier, smarter, quicker to react, and tougher than the other guys. Fer chrissake, we had the biggest OL in football and our blocking schemes emphasize technique and finesse. It's like we're afraid of making the other team sore, bruised, and hurt to the point where they don't want to be on that field anymore. DJ being a gentleman's gentleman and his extension of this in how he schemes and coaches on Sundays plays right in with the failure this franchise has witnessed. You can run rough-shod over us, and DJ is a soft touch.