Kugler at Oklahoma Pro Day

4 lineman worked out - the top guard in the draft - Duke Robinson, Loadholt - a tackle, a center - Cooper, and a later round guard - Walker.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/10/oklahomas-...eral-standouts/

Four offensive linemen who have NFL potential worked out in Norman. Phil Loadholt (6-7 7/8, 332 pounds), Duke Robinson (6-5 1/4, 330 pounds), Jon Cooper (6-2 1/8, 290 pounds) and Brandon Walker (6-2 7/8, 306 pounds) drew three offensive line coaches to the pro day — Detroit’s Pat Morris, Buffalo’s Sean Kugler and Miami’s Dave DeGuglielmo. Vikings head coach Brad Childress and vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman also were there.

Loadholt looked very good in his positional drills. His workout-drill numbers were as follows: 5.45 seconds in the 40-yard dash twice, a 28 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 8-9 broad jump, a 4.77-second short shuttle, a 8.14-second three-cone drill and 26 bench-press repetitions (though it should be taken into account that it is harder for a tall player with long arms to throw up the bar).

Robinson stood on his 40 times from the combine, posted a 31 1/2-inch vertical, a 8-3 broad jump and a 5.0-second short shuttle, and put up 20 bench-press reps.

Cooper, who is a very good player despite his slender frame (for a center), ran a 5.0 flat and 5.03 in the 40, had a 31 1/2-inch vertical jump, an 8-9 broad jump, a 4.50-second short shuttle and a 7.43-second three-cone drill, and posted 32 bench-press lifts.

Walker had a 34 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 9-2 broad jump, and he ran a 5.18-second 40. He also had a 4.88-second short shuttle and an 8.20-second three-cone drill, and he stood on his bench-press reps from the combine.

Speaking of pro days, I read on PFT that the OT from Alabama lost himself millions of dollars today.

He was quite unremarkable again. Poor attitude, leaving the combine then posting poor pro day numbers. I have a feeling he may drop big time. Perhaps to the 3rd or 4th round range.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

I'll bet he was there to look at Robinson as a replacement for our LG who's missing, or as a backup for Whittle/Simmons, whichever the Bills use to start at guard on opening day. The guy showed real talent at the guard position during the season for Oklahoma.

I doubt he drops to the 3rd or 4th round. He has way too much talent.

Talent with no heart is a waste of space and money. This guy has been out of shape and lazy and its not something scouts and GMs want on their teams

Talent with no heart is a waste of space and money. This guy has been out of shape and lazy and its not something scouts and GMs want on their teams

most teams

not the Bills

Tom Modrak thought Fat Mike Williams would "grow" out of those issues

I guess he was right

Don't recall character issues being brought up prior to the draft...

And, TD was a "strong GM" and didn't run the team management concept we see today (at least that's my take on it), so if you want to blame someone for Williams, I think TD is the guy to talk to. Unless someone has some evidence that Modrak made the Mike Williams call.

And, TD was a "strong GM" and didn't run the team management concept we see today (at least that's my take on it), so if you want to blame someone for Williams, I think TD is the guy to talk to. Unless someone has some evidence that Modrak made the Mike Williams call.

Spent some time looking, can't find anything on the 2002 draft with character concerns for Williams or any proof that it was Modrak's call. someone prove me wrong here

of course it's not Modrak's fault

nothing ever is

that's the beauty of the "team" concept the way the Bills operate - no one is accountable

that's why he turned down the GM job

However, he's been the head of college scouting since 2001 and the team has continued to fail to produce impact players from the draft- especially on the OL.

Just a thought, but if Andre Smith was able to be that dominant in college with a poor workout regime and little dedication, I bet he could be a quality guard in the Pros with just a little bit of work.

Do you really believe that the University of Alabama has a poor workout program?

of course it's not Modrak's fault

nothing ever is

that's the beauty of the "team" concept the way the Bills operate - no one is accountable

that's why he turned down the GM job

However, he's been the head of college scouting since 2001 and the team has continued to fail to produce impact players from the draft- especially on the OL.

:(:thumbsup::P

It WASN'T a team concept when TD ran it. Williams was picked when TD was the GM. What part of this don't you understand?

Do you have any evidence that Williams was Modrak's choice? I'm guessing you've got nothing, here.

Spent some time looking, can't find anything on the 2002 draft with character concerns for Williams or any proof that it was Modrak's call. someone prove me wrong here

I thought McKinney was the lazy lineman. We drafted Williams because he had a great combine and never took plays off.

ASTROBOT

Hopefully you see this.

Where do you see Duke Robinson going in the draft?

He would be someone to consider in the second round if available I would think

duke is looking like a 2nd round pick in the 8-20 range