Man goes over Niagara Falls

EndZoneCrew

Only other time I remember that happening was a young kid (six or so). Very badly injured, but it was thought that he was light enough that the force of the water threw him out over the rocks, thus he lived.

I have a hard time believing this guy is suffering only from "severe hypothermia"...but if that's all that's wrong with him, it's even more phenomenal, as the difference between water and concrete at that height is minimal.

Only other time I remember that happening was a young kid (six or so). Very badly injured, but it was thought that he was light enough that the force of the water threw him out over the rocks, thus he lived.

I have a hard time believing this guy is suffering only from "severe hypothermia"...but if that's all that's wrong with him, it's even more phenomenal, as the difference between water and concrete at that height is minimal.

Water is typically wetter at that height.... :(

There was the Kirk Jones incident a few years back. Working both in journalism and tourism I'm quite convinced that was a hoax.

The kid that went over in 1960 was Roger Woodward. I interviewed him for "Buffalo Soul Lifters." He is a really great guy.

It will be interesting to see how this story develops.

Stats kept by the park commission estimate that approx. 40 people per year commit suicide by going over the falls. If we include the Kirk Jones claim that means that 3 out of 1,960 people or 1 in 653 have survived. That number is probably even smaller bcause the suicide number includes those going over the American Falls where the big rocks allow no survivors.

If that's the case it's not nearly the astronomical number one might assume for survival.

There was the Kirk Jones incident a few years back. Working both in journalism and tourism I'm quite convinced that was a hoax.

The kid that went over in 1960 was Roger Woodward. I interviewed him for "Buffalo Soul Lifters." He is a really great guy.

It will be interesting to see how this story develops.

Stats kept by the park commission estimate that approx. 40 people per year commit suicide by going over the falls. If we include the Kirk Jones claim that means that 3 out of 1,960 people or 1 in 653 have survived. That number is probably even smaller bcause the suicide number includes those going over the American Falls where the big rocks allow no survivors.

If that's the case it's not nearly the astronomical number one might assume for survival.

Jones and Woodward are the living embodiment of the old saw that God looks after fools and young children.