Do we Attempt to Re-sign Crowell

H2o

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/11/free-agent...visiting-lions/

Free-agent linebacker Angelo Crowell visited with the Lions today after visiting with the Buccaneers on Monday. The Eagles and Rams also have contacted Crowell’s agent to express interest but not to the point of offering him a contract.

Crowell, 27, spent last season on the Bills’ injured-reserve list following knee surgery. The five-year veteran played all 16 games for Buffalo in 2007, recording 126 tackles, and he has 343 career tackles. He isn’t expected to be cleared for full football-related workouts until after the April 25-26 draft.

– Steve Wyche

Doesn't seem like he's getting too much interest in the open market. Maybe we could get him back on a relatively cheap 1 year deal. It would give him another shot here in Buffalo to prove his worth. Maybe he would come back and play well. We haven't signed anyone else yet and he already knows the system also. Just a thought.

Absolutely. I don't care what happened behind closed doors. This is the NFL, get over it and lock up a nice player for a few years. He already said he wouldn't mind being a Bill and he blows away the FA's we've had here.

What if he has degenerative knees? He has had nagging knee injuries for a while.

What if he has degenerative knees? He has had nagging knee injuries for a while.

I'm assuming they would do a physical on the player before cutting him a check. If it's a major concern the Bills could always protect themselves with a one year contract or incentive laden deal.

I'm assuming they would do a physical on the player before cutting him a check. If it's a major concern the Bills could always protect themselves with a one year contract or incentive laden deal.

I don't know... i just wonder why he hasn't been signed already. When he is healthy, he is a damn good LB.