Ahhhh the Media.

I had to crack up at two separate industry emails which I just received.

Headline one: AT&T to invest more than $17B in 2009, expand 3G network. Wow! Sounds great. Story adds that 3,000 new jobs will be created. That's great, AT&T - you need better coverage and the economy can sure use the jobs.

Headline two: AT&T To Cut Capital Spending In 2009 (Telco to Add 3,000 Jobs But Reduce Wireline Headcount). Yup. Same event. What the :thumbsup: ????

So if you didn't read both you wouldn't know:

-the investment is decreased from $20.3b capex that was projected

-3000 new jobs, minus ??? existing jobs = ???

AT&T doesn't issue different press releases for different outlets. Just one.

The media in this country - maybe worldwide - is really lousy. Of course that's why I subscribe to all these feeds - I can't rely on a single source. I just found it truly hysterical that the same story came to me almost simultaneously from two such different perspectives....sigh.

I had to crack up at two separate industry emails which I just received.

Headline one: AT&T to invest more than $17B in 2009, expand 3G network. Wow! Sounds great. Story adds that 3,000 new jobs will be created. That's great, AT&T - you need better coverage and the economy can sure use the jobs.

Headline two: AT&T To Cut Capital Spending In 2009 (Telco to Add 3,000 Jobs But Reduce Wireline Headcount). Yup. Same event. What the :thumbsup: ????

So if you didn't read both you wouldn't know:

-the investment is decreased from $20.3b capex that was projected

-3000 new jobs, minus ??? existing jobs = ???

AT&T doesn't issue different press releases for different outlets. Just one.

The media in this country - maybe worldwide - is really lousy. Of course that's why I subscribe to all these feeds - I can't rely on a single source. I just found it truly hysterical that the same story came to me almost simultaneously from two such different perspectives....sigh.

Living where you do and working for who you work for (I think) you should know that there are some companies that are so big (Ahem...Redmond...cough cough) people in one building can be singing success and people in another crying about empty pockets.

Funny, nonetheless.

Living where you do and working for who you work for (I think) you should know that there are some companies that are so big (Ahem...Redmond...cough cough) people in one building can be singing success and people in another crying about empty pockets.

Funny, nonetheless.

oh goodness, no, I don't work for MSFT.

I didnt know anybody still used that term/saying. :(

i have that luxury since I don't work there.

By the way, AT&T Mobility is in Redmond, WA... in half the buildings they used to be last I heard.

I don't work there either.

links?

And for a third take, Katie Couric just mentioned the 3,000 new jobs. Yippee.

I get FierceWireless feeds and ABI Research feeds in addition to Telephony. Sorry, don't have the emails on this PC and may have deleted them. I guarantee a quick Google for news of March 11 / AT&T will bring up a list.

Am I the only one laughing at the hilarity of this post?

Could be except they're not smart enough to be women.

So far you've managed to take out the buckshot boys from boonville, eryn the redneck and the loony from lalaland. Good start for a newbie.

Toms got a long way to go. I hold "the loony from lalaland" title. Again, why is she[or it I don't know] allowed Internet access?

Toms got a long way to go. I hold "the loony from lalaland" title. Again, why is she[or it I don't know] allowed Internet access?

Moronski, I started selling Ethernet and was using Arpanet a LONG time ago.

Fact is, I was just calling out an irony. I guess you are a strong supporter of the media and believe everything they say.

No? Then the only reason for you to wiggle out from under your rock and throw little stones is because of a personal issue you have with me. That's YOUR problem.