California - home of the dumb

Fezmid

WTF?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/03/11/google....rnia/index.html

Q: Isn't the real threat here the motivation of people who look to commit heinous acts, rather than the technology they use?

Anderson: I'm not against the technology; it's fantastic. But we're in an evolving world and we have to change our course as it changes. I'm all for online mapping, but knowing where the air ducts are in an air shaft is not necessary for me to navigate in the city. Who wants to know that level of detail? Bad people do.

Why not make it like a phonebook where you can be "unlisted"... If you don't want your home/building on Google Earth, the owner should have the option to be seen or not.

??

That option is only available in the HDDVD option. Bluray version of google earth is crippled and is the reason that won't work.

Sorry fez, I had to do it.

Why not make it like a phonebook where you can be "unlisted"... If you don't want your home/building on Google Earth, the owner should have the option to be seen or not.

??

Why should that be needed? If it's in plain sight then why should any one be responsible for hiding it for the owner? Should all airplanes have the windows blacked out? All highrises have no access to the roof? 20 foot fences in front of every home?

All the images in Google Earth can be seen by other methods. You need to hide it, it should be indoors.

Why should that be needed? If it's in plain sight then why should any one be responsible for hiding it for the owner? Should all airplanes have the windows blacked out? All highrises have no access to the roof? 20 foot fences in front of every home?

All the images in Google Earth can be seen by other methods. You need to hide it, it should be indoors.

You make a good point. Yet, what about mechanical reproductions... Not many people are taking their cameras on planes and shooting images... Then saving them.

What surprises me are some federal installations... You can widely view them on Google yet, if you stepped foot on the property they can confiscate your camera... And not just by recent laws... I think the sign we have up at work dates back to 1954 with regards to mechanical representations and photographs.

Strange.

Certain buildings are blurred, I know the power plant in Dunkirk is blurred out and for a good reason. Military bases, power plants another buildings that have a strong hold in national security and infastructure should not be detailed on Google Earth. This could be a very useful tool when plotting any sort of attack

Certain buildings are blurred, I know the power plant in Dunkirk is blurred out and for a good reason. Military bases, power plants another buildings that have a strong hold in national security and infastructure should not be detailed on Google Earth. This could be a very useful tool when plotting any sort of attack

Area 51 is blurred out on Google Earth. I tried to find it.

I'm tellin' ya, politicians have way too much !@#$ing time on their hands. I say we just give each of them a couple of joints every day, a bag of chips and an X-Box. The world will be a much better place.

That's cause we have way too many politicans and being a politican shouldn't be their full time job.

That's cause we have way too many politicans and being a politican shouldn't be their full time job.

To add to that there are a couple of Oakland city councilwomen who have been fighting over a parking space. One says it's hers because she was sworn in before the other, even though they were both elected at the same time. One said this is just be beginning. Next it could be who get's the bigger office or tickets to an event. When did it become about them and not about serving us. What a bunch of egotisticl babies.

I'm tellin' ya, politicians have way too much !@#$ing time on their hands. I say we just give each of them a couple of joints every day, a bag of chips and an X-Box. The world will be a much better place.

Munchies would get a government grant to keep the prices very low. :thumbsup:

To add to that there are a couple of Oakland city councilwomen who have been fighting over a parking space. One says it's hers because she was sworn in before the other, even though they were both elected at the same time. One said this is just be beginning. Next it could be who get's the bigger office or tickets to an event. When did it become about them and not about serving us. What a bunch of egotisticl babies.

:cry::lol:

Sounds like a plan...where do I sign up?

Munchies would get a government grant to keep the prices very low. :thumbsup:

:unsure: