Owens locker room question

Beerball

Should Owens be given a primo locker in Buffalo? I'm concerned because he's only playing with a 1 year contract. Before you answer consider the consequences. If the Bills do give him a primo locker what affect will that have on locker room chemistry? If the bills just give him a run of the mill locker what chance do they have to sign him to a multi-year contract in 2010?

I think the best option would be to give him a separate changing area with a few perks. That won't force anyone out of their locker but it will show Owens the respect he deserves.

Deserves? :thumbsup:

He deserves different treatment than everybody else :thumbsup::lol:

We also could give him a throne, crown, robe and sceptre, and play Pictures from an Exhibition when he comes out of the tunnel.

Personally, I prefer dancing clowns and unicycles

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's give him one of those little lockers you get at the bus station--with the key on a wrist band.

Now, we're onto something here! Like the lockers by the water slides at Darien Lake! In the morning when Terrell comes in, make him pay 75 cents or something in order to put his street clothes in there for safekeeping, then he gets to keep the key for one-time use to get back in the locker at the end of the day. If he needs to get into the locker mulitple times during the day, the Bills can recoup some of the money they're paying him!!!!

Good fishing out here today Beerball. Looks like you've already hooked 15 or so.

Why Bob, what ever do you mean? :thumbsup:

Deserves? :thumbsup:

He deserves different treatment than everybody else :thumbsup::lol:

We also could give him a throne, crown, robe and sceptre, and play Pictures from an Exhibition when he comes out of the tunnel.

Personally, I prefer dancing clowns and unicycles

Well, that says a lot about you. I find clowns kind of creepy myself.

In the long run you are probably right, he should be treated just like any other player.

I would add that you don't want to put him too close to the locker room hallway door. It's similar to the draftiness issue you mention with regards to the ventilation duct. Also, players often walk around the locker room in bare feet. How bad would it be if someone opened the door and whacked T.O.s foot? We're paying the guy 6.5 so we need to protect this investment.

Also, he's always good for a quote so I would keep him away from the soundsystem speakers too.

I also think he should have a stall near Trent Edwards'. That way they could develop a repoir. But maybe put his stall on wheels so if he's had a frustrating game, they could separate him from Edwards, and/or the media.

However you look at it, this is a big issue. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this.

LMFAO! :thumbsup:

From the reports I read, the Bills will be bringing in a Feng Shui expert to address the locker room concerns addressed on this board.

Im all for building TO his own locker room. In addition to this I'd like to see Kelsay lose his locker in favor of storage for TO's touchdown props. Chris can get dressed at home and bum a ride to the stadium.

:thumbsup: That was a good one.

Should Owens be given a primo locker in Buffalo? I'm concerned because he's only playing with a 1 year contract. Before you answer consider the consequences. If the Bills do give him a primo locker what affect will that have on locker room chemistry? If the bills just give him a run of the mill locker what chance do they have to sign him to a multi-year contract in 2010?

I think the best option would be to give him a separate changing area with a few perks. That won't force anyone out of their locker but it will show Owens the respect he deserves.

I am amazed at the things people concern themselves with

Why would you give him anything that everyone doesn't have? He will eventually work his way on his own to thinking he is better than anyone else, why give him a head start? You start treating people differently and there goes the "Team Concept", and that only results in losses. It got Barry Bonds a long way didn't it?

I heard a rumor that Bret Favre had his own separate area, in the Jets locker room. Dunno it it is true, though.

If the Bills have bigger, or better, lockers for their star players, I imagine Owens will get one of those. He is their premier FA acquisition.

Whether or not we go to the super bowl clearly depends on the outcome of this question. Dude, we love you but Jesus Christ, get a life.

If they have one of those Gatorade fountain machines that dispenses the greenish-yellow nectar of world-class athletes, they should make sure his locker is near it. Salty popcorn causes thirst you know.

That's stupid. He doesn't eat popcorn he recommends it for his fans.

I heard a rumor that Bret Favre had his own separate area, in the Jets locker room. Dunno it it is true, though.

If the Bills have bigger, or better, lockers for their star players, I imagine Owens will get one of those. He is their premier FA acquisition.

Bigger, better lockers for their "star" players?

We haven't had to invest in those for 10 years or so.........so pick any empty locker, TO. Peters's will be empty at least until week 2 or 3.

If the mouth gets one then Lee Evans certainly should, since he is the #1 receiver. Although, it doesn't appear that Evans needs his ego soothed like Owens does. Evans is a team man, Owens never has been and never will be.