Owens locker room question

Beerball

Should Owens be given a primo locker in Buffalo? I'm concerned because he's only playing with a 1 year contract. Before you answer consider the consequences. If the Bills do give him a primo locker what affect will that have on locker room chemistry? If the bills just give him a run of the mill locker what chance do they have to sign him to a multi-year contract in 2010?

I think the best option would be to give him a separate changing area with a few perks. That won't force anyone out of their locker but it will show Owens the respect he deserves.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overthinking this a bit. I hope he scores double digit touchdowns. I don't care what locker he has or what nightclub he goes to. A 7-9 team coached by Dick Jauron has so many other things to worry about.

Should Owens be given a primo locker in Buffalo? I'm concerned because he's only playing with a 1 year contract. Before you answer consider the consequences. If the Bills do give him a primo locker what affect will that have on locker room chemistry? If the bills just give him a run of the mill locker what chance do they have to sign him to a multi-year contract in 2010?

I think the best option would be to give him a separate changing area with a few perks. That won't force anyone out of their locker but it will show Owens the respect he deserves.

Who cares?

Seriously, I think there are more important things for the Bills' brass to think about - like preparing for the upcoming draft.

They'll have some preparing to do for the 2010 draft if we have to take another WR in the first. Of course they can simply do nothing.

I think he should get a corner locker for sure! (You know like how buying a corner lot in a development is a good value?) We should do the same, give him some prime realestate. Not too close to the shower, because no one wants to end up with a front row seat for the meat parade (not that there's anything wrong with that). Not right next to the beverage cooler, because people congregate over there constantly opening and closing the door; it's the defacto place where people have "water cooler talk." Not directly underneath a ventilation duct... forced AC can cause colds. Get him a corner lot off by himself, but not too far away... Give him the full Barry Bonds treatment in the locker room, with a recliner, his own TV, etc... let him have it.

If the Bills do give him a primo locker what affect will that have on locker room chemistry?

I'm so tired of this issue of locker room chemistry coming up all the time. Bottom line: it is potentially harmful to the players. I say take all that chemistry crap out of there and put it where it belongs, in a lab of some kind. I mean, do other pro sports teams have to deal with this crap? Totally bush league in my opinion!

I think he should get a corner locker for sure! (You know like how buying a corner lot in a development is a good value?) We should do the same, give him some prime realestate. Not too close to the shower, because no one wants to end up with a front row seat for the meat parade (not that there's anything wrong with that). Not right next to the beverage cooler, because people congregate over there constantly opening and closing the door; it's the defacto place where people have "water cooler talk." Not directly underneath a ventilation duct... forced AC can cause colds. Get him a corner lot off by himself, but not too far away... Give him the full Barry Bonds treatment in the locker room, with a recliner, his own TV, etc... let him have it.

Especially if you're on a team with Charles Haley. :thumbsup:

I would add that you don't want to put him too close to the locker room hallway door. It's similar to the draftiness issue you mention with regards to the ventilation duct. Also, players often walk around the locker room in bare feet. How bad would it be if someone opened the door and whacked T.O.s foot? We're paying the guy 6.5 so we need to protect this investment.

Also, he's always good for a quote so I would keep him away from the soundsystem speakers too.

I also think he should have a stall near Trent Edwards'. That way they could develop a repoir. But maybe put his stall on wheels so if he's had a frustrating game, they could separate him from Edwards, and/or the media.

However you look at it, this is a big issue. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this.

Why would you give him anything that everyone doesn't have? He will eventually work his way on his own to thinking he is better than anyone else, why give him a head start? You start treating people differently and there goes the "Team Concept", and that only results in losses. It got Barry Bonds a long way didn't it?

He's not Barry Bonds.

They should just give him a regualr locker and treat him like everyone else.

Why would you give him anything that everyone doesn't have? He will eventually work his way on his own to thinking he is better than anyone else, why give him a head start? You start treating people differently and there goes the "Team Concept", and that only results in losses. It got Barry Bonds a long way didn't it?

TOs special locker would make him think he's better than anyone else?? Don't want to give him a head start with that, eh?

hahahahahahahaha

Great stuff here, fellas.

Let's give him one of those little lockers you get at the bus station--with the key on a wrist band.

I'm so tired of this issue of locker room chemistry coming up all the time. Bottom line: it is potentially harmful to the players. I say take all that chemistry crap out of there and put it where it belongs, in a lab of some kind. I mean, do other pro sports teams have to deal with this crap? Totally bush league in my opinion!

Right on, Gringo! These guys get paid millions of dollars with all other kinds of perks, so why do they have to deal with accidentally coming in contact with sulfuric acid after a tiring game? Dammit, it doesn't make sense!

Right on, Gringo! These guys get paid millions of dollars with all other kinds of perks, so why do they have to deal with accidentally coming in contact with sulfuric acid after a tiring game? Dammit, it doesn't make sense!

Tell me about it! These guys are worth millions and they're walking around in a vulnerable state. God forbid a beaker of hydrochloric acid gets knocked over during a furious towel-snapping episode and spills on Aaron's Schoebel or Ashton's Youboty.

OK, I see your point. Why give Owens a head start on thinking he's better than some. Let's actually wait until he stands side by side with Roscoe.

I would add that you don't want to put him too close to the locker room hallway door. It's similar to the draftiness issue you mention with regards to the ventilation duct. Also, players often walk around the locker room in bare feet. How bad would it be if someone opened the door and whacked T.O.s foot? We're paying the guy 6.5 so we need to protect this investment.

Also, he's always good for a quote so I would keep him away from the soundsystem speakers too.

I also think he should have a stall near Trent Edwards'. That way they could develop a repoir. But maybe put his stall on wheels so if he's had a frustrating game, they could separate him from Edwards, and/or the media.

However you look at it, this is a big issue. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this.

:thumbsup: you don't have to take this to rediculous extremes :thumbsup: