What is Jason Peters Worth?

Kenwick

He's worth a helluva lot more now than if we had simply reworked his contract last year or the year before:

March 2007: Bills re-sign Chris Kelsay to ridiculous 4 year, $23 million contract.

August 2007: Bills tear up last 3 years of Aaron Schobel's contract and give him 5 year $50 million contract to assure he's the highest paid D lineman on the Bills. Said Schobel "Obviously, I had three years left on my deal so they didn't have to do anything ..."

March 2007: Bills sign Derrick Dockery to 7 year $49 million contract.

Subsequently, Jason Peters, plays under the 5 years $15 million contract he was given after being promoted to right offensive tackle over Mike Williams...three years left on the contract.

January 2008: Peters is selected to the Pro Bowl.

The Bills do nothing.

January 2009: Peters selected to a second Pro Bowl.

I also think that we should just pay him (provided we can get him signed) and move on....

But maybe therein lies the problem. Maybe Peters is just not working with the bills on a contract that is fair to both sides and is asking for ridiculous money (more then 12 million a year) then I think he is saying he really doesn't want to play here.

I am not a big fan of trading away franchise left tackles....but if a great deal came along you have to consider it......Philadelphias 2 number 1's would fall into that catagory.......

Personally I dont think anyone steps up with that and so Jason stays

So if you made this trade last year.. It would be Peters for

21- Sam Baker

28- Lawrence Jackson

53- Limas Sweed

85- Craig Stevens.

For a ProBowl LT...

Not sure but I think a lot of people OVER RATE draft picks...

Way to early to make judgement on those players.

I also think that we should just pay him (provided we can get him signed) and move on....

But maybe therein lies the problem. Maybe Peters is just not working with the bills on a contract that is fair to both sides and is asking for ridiculous money (more then 12 million a year) then I think he is saying he really doesn't want to play here.

I am not a big fan of trading away franchise left tackles....but if a great deal came along you have to consider it......Philadelphias 2 number 1's would fall into that catagory.......

Personally I dont think anyone steps up with that and so Jason stays

I agree John. I'm not sure Peters wants to be a Bill any longer and may just skip OTA and camp again but the only way you trade him to Philly is for their two number 1 picks. :(

I would pay him with the average of the top 3-5 OL in the league, but that contract should include incentives that ensures he shows up to trainng camp and OTA's... it should also include bonuses for the team making the playoffs instead of the probowl...

if we trade Peters there in no scenario in which we would be a better team in 2009 ...

I can see one scenario. What if we trade Peters to the Eagles for there first two picks. We then trade our first pick to the Panthers for Peppers. We then sign Pace as a stop gap for a year or two, and we draft the best available DE, TE, OT/OG/OC with our first three picks.

I can't imagine adding TO, Peppers, and Pace this offseason. Would this not make us better next year?